“"Trinity" is for Bad Food, Bad Service & Bad Prices” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
everywhere
“"Trinity" is for Bad Food, Bad Service & Bad Prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I went here on a MONDAY night at 6:30 pm and the service was terrible! There were painfully long waits between being seated, getting a menu, getting a drink, getting an appetizer, getting the entree and then it took forever to receive the bill. It took 1 & 1/2 hours to eat 2 burgers. The burger was obviously made with a frozen, pre-made patty -but so is McDonald's- and I'd rather eat their burgers then have to choke down another one of Trinity Hall's. It's OK for McDonald's, but not for a joint selling a burger for $10! I do admit the hamburger bun was nice and soft. I also ordered the house queso and the chips it came with tasted weird and oily. Bottom line, I would not recommend this place if you're looking for something to eat. If they can't make a decent burger, I doubt they can make more complicated dishes. There are so many better eateries near the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding Place for Great Beer, Great Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I have been going to this wonderful pub since it opened. We are there at least once a week. Since the inception of the Tuesday Tastings we have missed very few. When we started going we knew quite a bit about beer, a little about whiskey, and nothing about wine. We have learned a tremendous amount. The service is always friendly, helpful, and timely. The food is very good especially when Chef Oscar gets the chance to go off menu and create something for a special. We really appreciate the work it takes to make sure that a variety of beers and beverages are available and properly service. We take out of towners from work and friends here whenever they are in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Have enjoyed trinity for a while, only 1 disappointment...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

We have enjoyed trinity for 5 years now. We live across town so to make the trip is 45 minutes on 3 major highways with no traffic but we visit when we can or happen to be on that side of town. Even if only for a pint. We have even celebrated special occasions at Trinity, my husbands 35th to be exact, it was very nice.

Service from the beginning has always been very friendly but for the most part we have always sat at the bar. The average "regular" in Trinity is very friendly and we have often enjoyed the Tuesday night tastings. If you're visiting our fair city and want to meet with a bunch of "locals" then a Tuesday tasting fits the bill perfectly.

Parking is generally good, we've never had a problem parking in the underground garage.

We've yet to be disappointed by anything on the menu, though we've never had the queso. It's an Irish bar folks and you're in Texas. You want Queso? Hit one of the 100 or so Tex-Mex joints within a few square miles. They offer a nice lunch special during the week.

There is a artistic film house next door to trinity and lots of night time people watching available. Trinity is smoke free and has an outdoor seating area. A bit sterile but adequate. During the day there are lots of shopping options and Trinity is located at Mockingbird station accessible via the Dart rail line.

I would recommend Trinity to a locale or visitor without hesitation.

My only disappointment was St. Patty's day. I visited during the day knowing the evening would be to much for me and wanted to take my husband, who had to work all day their delicious corned beef and cabbage for dinner. No to go orders are taken on St. Patty's day. What a shame.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Irish Bands! Always packed and smoky bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Great Irish Bands! Always packed and smoky bar.

Dallas
“Okay, but definitely has customer service issues”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

Good place to catch a Guinness and some sport but don't order the queso! It absolutely sucks. And, buyer beware, if you take so much as a second try, they won't take it back. Not going back.