“Wonderful, Irish-themed pub” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dallas, TX
“Wonderful, Irish-themed pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Trinity Hall is my favorite place in Dallas to go and eat Irish fare. They have live music at different times during the week, and have watching parties for soccer games. The crowd is varied in age, and I always feel right at home, even though I am a senior. Trinity Hall offers a huge variety of different whiskies, beers, and ales. While you are there, try the Magners' Pear Cider!! Delicious!!

Visited March 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Go only for the beer, stay away from the food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I went here a few times before and just had a few drinks at the bar. They have a good selection of beer and the bartenders have always been friendly. Well, I made the mistake of eating there recently. Huge mistake. Our waiter was friendly and helped me select something since nothing really sounded that great (and I like bar food). He recommended the chicken smothered in mashed potatoes so that's what I ordered. You can't go wrong with that, right? Our dishes arrived and my friend's shepherd pie looked pitiful and old. Mine looked like a bowl of mashed potatoes with some broccoli and four French fries sticking out of it (I have no idea why). My friend's was cold and he said the soda bread tasted better. I was looking for my chicken breast in the pool of potatoes and gravy. No luck. Another waiter came over and joked that he was our new waiter. I actually believed him so I asked him about the missing chicken. He had never had the dish and watched me look for it with my fork. He took it away to have the chef fix it. In the meantime, the original waiter came back and when I told him what happened, he told me it was chicken pieces. My mistake, even though neither of us could find these chicken pieces. Well, it came back. The other waiter showed up and said the chef had pulled the chicken so I could see it. I'm going to attach a picture of this. He literally pulled all the chicken and put it on the rim of the bowl. The whole thing looked like crap. The little container had been used, the bread on the side was gone and it was just this disgusting bowl of crap. I asked if they were kidding and they tried to defend him. I told them that I understand that I made a mistake but the chef did not have to be a dick about it. I refused to eat it and I didn't want something else. I mean, if he was going to do that, what was he going to do to the next dish? They were nice enough to comp my meal and my friend got food poisoning from his dish for two days. Please don't eat there. It's not worth your health. There are quite a few places in that shopping center that are a lot better and won't get you sick!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Irish Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This very authentic Irish Pub is located at Mockingbird Station. So, you can take DART there very easily, which is cool. The atmosphere is really great. I took my Welsh sister-in-law there and she said it was the best Irish Pub she'd been to, in America. The menu is very British. The food was just ok. I've heard British food is bland, so maybe Trinity Hall is just very authentic when it comes to their food? Still, I highly recommend going, even if it's just for a beer, or two.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lineville, Alabama
“Nice Atmosphere and better Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Loved the staff, very friendly and helpful. Sat in the library, which was a cozy place a little quieter than the main room. Food was good Irish Pub grub and enjoyable. It would a fun place to pop into after work or come for a date.

Visited April 2014
Lexington, NC
“Average place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stopped here cause the Reuben sandwich sounded excellent. It was average. Fries were average. Tea was good. Large selection of beers but they are proud of them... be prepared to pay premium prices.

Set outside and enjoyed a beautiful Texas evening. Heard a lot of yelling and cheering inside so I must of missed something and am really glad I was outside.

Think I'll try one of the other establishments next time.