“Good Business Dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dakota's Steakhouse

Dakota's Steakhouse
600 N Akard St, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)
(214) 740-4001
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakota's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 3,104 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: San Jacinto
“Good Business Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Dakota's is a higher end steak and seafood restaurant. This was my second visit and I do Ed with work colleagues. The food was very good and the wine was fabulous. However, there were some significant flaws that should not occur at a restaurant of this caliber. We ate in the bar area and there was not a separate server other than the bartender. The service was slow, we had to ask for bread, my colleague had to ask for pepper for her salad and my wi e glass had dishwater streaks and the stem felt sticky. Attention to detail should be expected in this price range.

Visited February 2013

Denver, CO
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We did not have the steak, so maybe this would be a different review for this restaurant. I ordered a clam chowder to start (it was correct, but nothing special) and a crab cake and burrata salad as main course. My colleague had the salmon. We enjoyed our choices. I would not consider the crab cake close to the top I ever had, but it was good. The burrata with mushrooms was very delicious.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newport Beach, California
“Only 5 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This restaurant, which is connected by an underground tunnel to the Fairmont Hotel, is worth a visit or two while in Dallas. The staff is well trained, friendly and knowledgeable. We accepted their recommendations, and we enjoyed every bite. Great food and staff.

Visited January 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“The perfect steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to steakhouses in New York and Los Angeles and none have matched the meal I received here. Not only was the food perfectly prepared it was presented perfectly. I recommend the filet and the mashed potatoes above everything else.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Penticton,B.C.
“Steak Top Shelf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Awesome Service, Fantastic Food, This could be my new favorite Steak Restaurant! On the Bone & Onion Rings a must!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere