“Winning Bread (and breakfast!)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Houston, Texas
“Winning Bread (and breakfast!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

On a recent return trip to Dallas, we came to this location of Bread Winners. We’d forgotten about the complimentary bite-sized bread and pastries which are offered at the table, which aside from being very tasty, can almost be enough for breakfast! But, the menu has far too many great-sounding items. My wife and I selected the Croque Madame and Vegetarian Benedict – both wonderful. Coffee was much better than I typically find in most restaurants. Service was very good, and I really appreciated the offer of a full cup of coffee to go.
Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oklahoma
“Bread Winners is a Winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch and was so glad to see that breakfast items can be ordered at lunch time. Had the banana French toast...and it won't be the last time! Can't wait to go back and have it again soon! My dining partner had a burger and it was outstanding! Our server was a bit overwhelmed but there was a manager who was right there filling in the gaps (actually took our order, refilled drinks, etc). Put this at the top of my list and favorites when I'm in Dallas!

Visited June 2014
“Incredible Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We happened up on the cafe and decided to try. We had the small salad sampler, quite a meal! Delicious and wad a beautiful plate. I live the bread served while waiting - I loved the cranberry walnut so much, I bought a loaf! I'll return again and again here!

Conway, Arkansas, United States
“Good for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Bread winners is one of the better choices for lunch time sandwich shop in the Dallas area. The restaurant has a nice eating atmosphere and the bread which comes with the meal is great.

richardson
“Great food...odd service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have been to all of the Bread Winners in the area, and they are exactly alike in that they have really good food and coffee, and they have wait staff who seem to go on break immediately after you are served. So, you have to grab other wait staff to fill coffee, get butter, jelly, etc. There is one exception at the Lover's location. A very blonde lady with a pony tail. She has never been my waiter, but she still watches out for people who may need something. The food is consistently very good, with the exception of the dry, lifeless side potatoes at breakfast. Opt for the cheese grits! Yum! The bacon! Yum!

• Visited April 2014