“Amazing happy hour specials.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 3,098 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-635 & Dallas Tollway
Greater Lansing
“Amazing happy hour specials.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I have stopped by this happy hour several times while staying at the adjacent Westin. The selections are amazing, including oysters on the half shell, ahi tuna sliders and fish tacos. Also some great old school fried shrimp with delicious cocktail sauce. Good drink specials including the martini made with the local Tito's vodka. Kevin the bartender is friendly and super efficient. Look forward to return visits.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

South Florida
“Really good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Service was very nice. Our waiter was a comedian. Everything we ordered was very good. The seafood was really fresh and well prepared.

Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Who Ruined Oceanaire?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have always loved Oceanaire in Dallas.It has been great knowing that when you just have to have a wonderfully fresh seafood dinner you could always count on this Dallas Galleria location. Craving some of the restaurant's phenomenal crab cakes - some of the best we've had with big lumps of crab meat inexplicably held together without filler - we slid into Oceanaire on Saturday evening. The place had a nice vibe and a good crowd was on hand. Everything seemed on-target for a great experience.

While Oceanaire has never been an inexpensive proposition, our first indication that something was new (and askew) came while perusing the menu. $41.95 for grouper? Really? Wow - that must be some pretty special grouper. Many of the prices had been ratcheted up since our last visit, but that's fine, as long as the quality of the food did not suffer. And that's where this review takes a turn for the worse.

The aforementioned crab cakes arrived with ample amounts of filler. It was like putting the proverbial mustache on the Mona Lisa. The flavor, while not at all bad, simply did not live up to previous visits. This incomparable dish has been rendered merely good. The usually spectacular New England clam chowder was off as well. Scallops - 4 to the plate for $37.95 (that's roughly $9.50 per scallop) - were good, but not unlike what we prepare at home for a third of the price. They offered nothing special and nothing to recommend.

Service was great. And the meal was by no means a disaster, but our question "who ruined Oceanaire?" was answered upon the conclusion of our meal when we were asked to join "The Landry's Club". Don't know how we missed it, but the Landry's chain purchased this once great seafood establishment. They would have been wise to leave it alone. Sadly, we have had out last meal at Oceanaire.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Our "go to" place for a nice evening. Ask for Lorel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Visited Labor Day weekend. Wonderful meal although we definitely supplemented the KRLD Restaurant Week menu with a few extra dishes. The staff here treats us like family. Can't say enough wonderful things about Lorel and Mason. The management genuinely wants you to enjoy and will accommodate you in every way. When Lorel is your server, you will feel like you've been in the home of a most gracious and lovely Southern friend.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mesquite, Texas
“Excellent Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband decided to make reservations at The Oceanaire for our 4 year wedding anniversary. We both love seafood, and wanted a nice restaurant to go to. We had reservations for 7:00 PM on a Thursday night. Got there a little early and was a little confused as to where to park. I talked my husband out of the valet parking, but we did have to drive a round for a couple of minutes to find a space. The place was full, but not crowded. I did not know that there was an upstairs, which was the first thing I noticed while waiting for our table. I told my husband the upstairs looked nice and cozy, and to my delight we were seated upstairs within a few minutes. Our waitress was very nice and very knowledgable of the food she was serving. We first ordered appetizers-I had the crab cake and my hsuband had the shrimp cocktail. The crab cake was the best I'd ever had. The flavor and the texture was perfect. My husband's shrimps were huge and the cocktail sauce was very tasty. For the main course I chose the seafood mixed grill and my husband has the sea scollops. My plate included stuffed shrimp, mashed potatoes seared scallops, grilled fish and grilled asparagus. All was perfect, even the mashed potatoes. I loved the mixed grill because it included all of my favorites and the mashed potatoes wereseasoned just right. My husbad had scallops, and oh my gosh they were so good. We told the waitress that it was our anniversary, and we received a complimentary dessert, baked alaska. I thought that was very nice of the restaurant to do that for us. I never had baked alaska, and all I can say is, I have been missing out. I only hated that fact that I was too full to eat more. I love the restaurant and am already looking forward to going back.

• Visited August 2012