“Great place. Love everything about it” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Great place. Love everything about it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The food and atmosphere is great. Had a good time each and every time I went. Had a birthday party there and loved it.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atl
“Favorite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

The rice noodle bowls are yummy. They give you a sauce to go with it which is a housemade soy sauce which definitely adds flavor to the bowl. I would recommend starting with one of the spring rolls, they are very good. The best part of the place is that the food is usually light enough that you don't feel heavy after eating here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite Dallas stops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Love the Green Papaya. Food is always (consistency is good!) well-prepared, hot and fresh. Service can be a bit abrupt or "attitudinal" at times but it's never been a big issue Valet parking is a pain but that's also typical in Oak Lawn.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
september96
“Overpriced, bad service and food is awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

We went to the Green Papaya one night the music in the background is dance club music which totally doesn't fit, the waiter we had, had an attitude the food tasted like dirt. Neither one of could finsh our meal after a couple of bites we were afraid we might get sick. I tried to contact the mangement but the e-mail address on their website just bounced back. I was totally disappointed in my evening and every time I pass by the resturant I wonder how they even stay in business.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
anywhere, usa
“Good food, slightly expensive vietnamese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

i was pleasantly surprised by this place - it's not much to look at in the inside, but the food was great and the service was timely. We had the un-fried summer rolls and they came with a yummy slightly spicey (and i don't care for spicey food) sauce that i ate by itself once the rolls were gone. I had the Mahi which was dry, but otherwise tasty. The veggies that came with it were delish - nice and garlicky. My fiance had the curry chicken and loved it, and my friend had a shrimp dish that she liked. As far as Thai and Vietnamese restaurants go, it was on the high side, but nothing outrageous (around $11-14/entree).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere