“A must stop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Brunch
Central Texas
“A must stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stein's Bakery is the very best bakery I have ever visited. Everything is wonderful; however, the cheese pockets are an absolute must to try. My wife raved about these 30 years ago when we lived in Dallas and I never understood her enthusiasm for them, until I tried them. Unchanged after 30 years they are still great, sweet cream cheese in a Danish pastry, a but of white icing, etc. I stop by every chance I get and will drive 30 miles out of the way just to bring some home. Try it, you will definitely return.

By the way, the cookies, cakes and other pastries are wonderful as well!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mesquite, TX
“Our Christmas Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

For more years than I can remember, we have had Stein's coffee cakes for Christmas morning breakfast. I always call ahead and they have them fresh and ready for me when I arrive. They are so delicious and I can't imagine Christmas morning without them.

Visited December 2013
Montclair
“One of the few things I miss @ Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

After I moved East from Dallas I missed five things: time & temperature signs, Jason's Deli, SW Airlines, roads with wide shoulders & Stein's Bakery.

Now my car tells me the temperature, Jason's Deli is in the county next door and SW flies from IAD & BWI.

But I still don't have roads with a shoulder wide enough to ride a bicycle on in Virginia or Stein's. This is why every time I visit Dallas I take snap–and–seal containers and fill with Stein's peanut butter cookies, icebox cookies, Danish and all the rest. Then I prepare to fight any nosey TSA drone that wants to test my baked goods for explosives.

You can't take the shoulders home with you, but you can take the Stein's and I recommend you do so.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“super birthday cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want something special for a birthday cake, this is the place to go. They let you order the cake to fit your tastes, and can decorate it how you want. Best part is it tastes as good as it looks.

Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas
“To those who love to complain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Yes i first of all want to say to the lady who picked up the two cakes and said it was dirthy the place thats the most ridicioulus thing i have ever heard in my life. Why didnt you speak with the manager in charge at the time instead of coming here and writing ugly messages about places. Was it that hard really?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Anyways i Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the chocolate chip cookies and the honey pecan danish and also i love their choc cakes yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))) IF anyone has to complain why; dont you speak with the manager im sure they will be happy to help you out more than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Stein's Bakery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Stein's Bakery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.