“Great southern food and hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great southern food and hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The food here is great. I would call it upscale southern food. No one at our table had a bad word to say about the food. I recommend the pecan encrusted catfish.

The waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about the food. The restaurant is bright and clean, with southern touches in the decor. The restaurant sits on a main street and we were able to watch a local parade while we ate. Overall, I would highly recommend this place. I would recommend reservations if you come after 6 pm.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Galveston
“QUITE LOUD but excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent food, service, cocktails and wine. Pretty, white-tablecloth place, but the 4 of us had to YELL at each other to converse, but I would go back

Visited August 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“BUSY! Make Reservations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived early planning to stroll the art district before brunch. We used the valet service, because there was no parking. Our attendant informed us that Hattie's had a 2 hour wait if we did not have reservations, Thank goodness we had made reservations! Sunday brunch is very busy and by 12:45 (when we had our reservations) our server was exhausted and a little droll. Tables seated after us were receiving yummy looking banana bread or sourdough bread, so I asked our waiter and finally received the bread, the banana bread was AMAZING! Rich moist and super delicious. I had a "Salty Dog" cocktail it was great with tasty fresh grapefruit. My husband had the house Bloody Mary and loved it, it was spicy and complex.

I had the Fried Green Tomato and Smoked Pimento Cheese Sandwich and was delightful with the blend of old fashioned and modern. The flavors were so good. My husband had the "Biggie", a jalapeno and cheddar biscuit with buttermilk fried chicken and a gravy. it was great. Our son had the buttermilk fried chicken and waffles, he has seen this on TV and wanted to try it. He loved it! Our daughter had the house made Mac & Cheese it was so creamy and silky she had to ask for a spoon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plano
“Low Country surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hattie's - always heard about it, walked by it and finally got to try it out during Restaurant Week 2013. WOW - WOW Fantastic food, service, ambiance and energy.

Totally worth the drive from the north suburbs. Not having had Low-Country food before I wasn't sure what to expect. I got flavorful dishes that oozed of delishesness. We both tried different things to get the full experience. The special course was a little bite of heaven! Each course was a delight - they do publish some of their recipes on the D Magazine website dessert was my favorite - Plum Strudel with Coconut ice cream. Jeff our waiter was great.

Hattie's is now on our list of must re-visits!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worth a try, if you haven't experienced low country cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

First of all, we tried this during Dallas restaurant week, made a reservation. However, when we got there and asked for restaurant week menu, we were told we needed to do that at time of reservation. Really? No mention of on website or when we called. We ordered from the menu, stuffed chicken was okay. Ordered the stuffed Fig app, it was dry but okay. Split the bread pudding very small portion, not flavorful. Service was good, staff very nice and attentive. Try Tillman's, so much better.

• Visited August 2013