“As good as Paris” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lavendou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 3,027 restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frankfort
Description: Lavendou, a retreat into the French countryside - a place where life is savored as much as the food. Lavendou is thoroughly French, from the inviting decor to the gracious service and authentic cuisine. But don't expect it to be pretentious. Owner Pascal Cayet is dedicated to providing service that is friendly and efficient. And you will find Chef Francois Soyez's menu to be deliciously approachable. Serving the lighter fare of Southern France, Lavendou offers many items to tempt your taste buds.
Palm Harbor, Florida
“As good as Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I took my wife to Lavendou for her birthday and we were pleasantly surprised at the true authenticity of both the food and atmosphere.

The service was excellent and the food was truly to die for. The subtle and delicate flavorings of the meal were complimented by a fine selection of French wines. Having just returned from France a few months previously it was a welcome reminder of the trip and excellent cuisine of Paris and the outlying areas.

• Visited November 2012

80% Recommend
Crown Point, Indiana
“Fine French dining in cattle country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

After several days of steak, Tex-mex and barbecue, my 2 kids and I decided to try something different for our last night in texas. we were not disappointed. the restaurant is very nicely decorated, wih indoor and outdoor seating. the food is top quality, well presented and well sized. there is a large wine selection. its expensive but worth it.

• Visited April 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Great French Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to Lavendou in Dallas for my birthday and we had great food, attentive service, and no wait. We went on a Monday and it was perfect. The food was very flavorful and they has a nice French wine list. We were in France a few months before and wanted to recapture the French experience and Lavendou was the place to do it. I highly recommend Lavendou.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“My Local Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is my "go to" choice for the neighborhood. I can count my commute in seconds rather than minutes, but proximity is not the only draw. I love everything on the menu. I go there to meet the girls for lunch. I go their for special occasions. I go for date night. It's a one restaurant fits all kind of place.

Did I mention that I love the food? A daily quiche, a daily crepe and at night a souffle. I'm not that much of a soup person, but I adore the salmon bisque and cream of asparagus. The escargot are always good. The desserts are yummy.

And the service. I find it better at lunch than at dinner, but I've never had bad service. Go here!! You'll love it.

Visited February 2013
Caldaro sulla Strada del Vino, Italy
“Saturday tea time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always enjoy the atmosphere and the food. I was surprised how many people filled the restaurant on Saturday's for afternoon tea! The portion sizes are just right. The service is the absolute best.

Visited February 2013