“Almost perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse

Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse
702 Ross Ave, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,104 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: DART Rail (West End station)
Description: Savor the finest cuts of steaks, chops and fresh fish cooked to perfection in a relaxed, elegant atmosphere at the chef-owned Y.O. Steakhouse and discover for yourself why Jim O’Connor of the Food Network declared the Y.O. Steakhouse as, “one of the nation’s finest steakhouses.” The beef at the Y.O. is U.S.D.A. Prime and is hand-cut in house. In preparing our steaks and other meats we employ a method very similar to the one the ranch hands have been using for more than 125 years. Seasoned with our own brand of herbs and spices, our meats are charred on a flat top griddle and then finished by being seared with our secret finishing sauce. This process traps in all the juices, resulting in a succulent, tender steak.In addition, we are legendary for the extensive wild game selection on our menu, and many of those same animals roam freely over our 48,000 acre ranch. For those in the mood to try something out of the ordinary, the Y.O. Steakhouse offers several types of venison, game birds and our signature dish, the buffalo filet mignon.An excellent selection of seafood rounds out the menu. Nightly specials at the Y.O. Steakhouse include lobster, shrimp, salmon, sea bass, tilapia and other fresh fish. Texans are known far and wide for their hospitality and at the Y.O. Steakhouse you will receive the same sincere reception that has made the Y.O. Ranch legendary. The Y.O. servers are knowledgeable, friendly and strive to ensure your dining experience is a memorable, delightful experience. Whether dining or simply relaxing over a cocktail with friends, the Y.O. Steakhouse offers a warm, inviting atmosphere. With its 100-year old brick arches, iron accents and candlelit tables, the main dining room delivers an authentic steakhouse dining experience that is relaxing with a touch of elegance.The Y.O. bar is the perfect spot for enjoying a drink before or after dinner or grabbing a quick bite. The rich, deep wood and historic black and white photos create a comfortable ambiance to enjoy the fully-stocked bar and extensive wine list, including one of the largest half-bottle selections in Texas. Dining on our beautiful patio under Texas Live Oaks and amidst overflowing flower baskets is an excellent option for a casual lunch or dinner while taking in the energetic atmosphere of Market street .The Y.O Steakhouse private dining, bar and banquet facilities, can accommodate parties from 20-300 for business or pleasure, day or night.
Post, Texas
“Almost perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here and wasn't too busy. When we eat somewhere we look at 3 things: 1.kid menu 2.how often the drinks are refreshed & 3. The food cooked to our request. This is the first place I've been to that has steak as an option for the kids. My son ordered it medium and came back a little too red. Asked the waiter to bring something else but he said he could send it back and was better the second time. 2. We had to ask for a refill. 3. Besides my sons steak, my husband said he loved his steak. He knows his steaks and has ate at many steakhouses but none compare to this one! Yes this is a pricey place but worth it. If we return to Dallas, we will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
YOSteakhouse, Owner at Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review! This is also good feedback about how we should be conscientious about kids' response to the level of preparedness in our steaks. We will strive to improve on this.

-Tony

“Not bad, swordfish was "fishy"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I know, why have swordfish at a steak place? Well, I knew I was going to have too much red meat during the week, so I went with the swordfish. First few bites were great, but then it got very fishy and I didn't finish. I did have a group meal so perhaps quality goes down a bit. Pecan pie was average also.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
This is good feedback, thank you. It's kind of hard to interpret how to improve with your description of our seafood, but we can assure that it is indeed the freshest. I can only guess that it was not brought out to you promptly, since you say your group was large. On this we will strive to improve.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Conscientious ownership unlike any I've seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

About five minutes after I gave my hotel concierge feedback about dining at Y.O. Ranch my phone rang and Chris Skinner, owner and chef, was on the line. His gesture was most impressive - he wanted to know about our experience and how to improve it. This was the first time I have ever heard from a business owner responding in a circumstance like this. Rest assured, my feedback was nothing alarming (I enjoyed my elk tenderloin!), but I realized after the fact that there's something good going on at Y.O. beyond just the food. It is evident Chris and his crew are highly conscientious about the service and product they provide.

Thanks for your review, but quick correction: our owner/chef is actually Tony Street. The name listed on TripAdvisor is actually our social media and online technician.
“Excellent food with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spectacular food! I did not eat anything that I did not like. I had a boar sausage, quail, I had the Bison Filet and was cooked perfect. The wait staff was very attentive and kept my glass full at all times. I will be back!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sounds like you're one of our more adventurous patrons. Thanks for the kind words, and so glad to have pleased you with our exotic game offerings.

Peachtree City, GA
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Food was execellent. Our table had a filet, sirlion and grilled shrimp, everyone loved the steaks and fish. We ordered the Au gratin potatoes, these are to die for. Would definatly eat here again if in town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the positive review!