“Sad to see it leave” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #993 of 3,104 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Briargrove Lane
Dallas, Texas
“Sad to see it leave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Sullivan's is a great restaurant and we're sad to see it leave Dallas! The steaks and sides are wonderful. everything cooked to perfection!! The "knockout" drink is one of my favorites; always refreshing. They say that they are looking for a new location and I hope that's the case, otherwise we lost a great steakhouse!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“Thursday Happy Hour Plus Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We use to frequent this Sullivans a couple times a month when they offered half priced bottles of wine on Sunday nights. Thought we would take advantage of their Thursday's all night long happy hour and summer dinner special ($79 per couple for 3 course dinner). WE GOT MUCH MORE! Tina and James were great bartenders with personalities made for the job. The bar entertainers (jazz piano and base fiddle) were "world class". Happy Hour drinks were basically $6 and high quality. After cocktails we were seated by an attractive hostess in the dining room. I was amazed that there were only about 3 other couples dining. Christain was our server and did a super job. One of the best waiters I have ever had the pleasure of dining with. I ask for extra blue cheese dressing on my wedge salad and he certainly accommodated me. LOVE there wedge salads! Our filets were cooked perfectly and rest of the dinner yummy. Only slight flaw was I had asked Christain to speak with a manager (so I could compliment his bar and dining staff) but one never showed up at our table. Sullivans is my first choice of all the fine Dallas steakhouses.

• Visited May 2012
“Consistently wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

The food, the service and the atmosphere are always wonderful. We love the filet mignon, the horseradish mashed potatoes and the sautéed mushrooms! The steak is always lean, flavorful and cooked the way we want it. This is out go-to restaurant for every special occasion and as often in between as possible!

Dallas
“Kristin made this the best dining experience !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The best part of the experience was our waitress, Kristin. She was very engaging and personable. She made the entire dining experience an absolute joy. The food was outstanding and everyone's food was cooked to their liking. We ordered four steaks, all with different degrees of doneness and they all turned out perfect. The onion ring tower was fabulous !!
Every item we ordered on the menu came out perfect......
The only thing I could offer as an improvement was the comfort level of the booth we were in. On my side the cushion sagged, so after an hour into our dinner service, my hips started to tighten up because I kept sinking into the booth cushion. We'll definitely be back ! Great job, Kristin !!!

• Visited March 2012
Rowlett, Texas
“Great Valentine's Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We took advantage of the Valentines Day Dinner offer, dinner for 2/$89.95. We had never dined here before so we really had neutral expectations. We ordered Caesar salads and I will say, they were not the best that I have ever had, as a matter of fact, it was just so-so. My wife and I both ordered the Rib-eyes. This was probably one of the best steaks that I have ever had. It was seasoned perfectly and cooked perfectly. My wife even order hers, Black & Blue, which a lot of restaurants don't offer, nor do they know what it means. Hers was perfect. I had the creamed spinach and again, a home run. My wife had a loaded baked potato. It was very large and she said it was delicious. For dessert, we both had the Banana Foster's bread pudding. It was the perfect ending for a great meal and evening. Our server was very pleasant, but due to the very busy evening, he was a little short handed. Other than that, I would highly recommend Sullivan's and we will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2012