“The Baker's Rib on 2202 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baker's Ribs

Baker's Ribs
3033 Main Street, Dallas, TX 75226 (East Dallas)
214-748-5433
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Mesquite, Texas
“The Baker's Rib on 2202 N Galloway Ave, Mesquite, TX”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Here it is Memorial weekend and I have a choice. I can either go to Soulmans's BBQ or Baker's Ribs BBQ. So I thought for a minute and decided on Bakers Ribs ( wanted their fried pies) / Mouth was watering for Ribs . Now I will tell you that I don't eat ribs very seldom because I feel that ribs or a waste because after all you paying for a lots of bone right? Ok so I told them that I was wanting an order of delicious ribs. I got it to go which is always a mistake because you can't always turn around and drive all the way back if your not happy . Well, I was I was not happy with the ribs. I could not chew them and they were very tough. The sides we ok and the peach pie was good . If you want sugar free pies you have to go to another of there restaurants since they do not offer them any more. Perhaps the other Bakers Ribs are good but this one I do not recommend for ribs.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“Baker's Ribs Deep Ellum is so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Baker's Ribs in Deep Ellum is one of my favorite Texas BBQ restaurants!!!

The baked potato with chopped beef on top is delicious! Around $8.75!

Easy to get to and free parking, it is so fast, faaasssstttt and really good quality!!!

I rate this 5 stars because it is one of the best tasting BBQ in Texas just as good as Up in Smoke!

Wicked fried pies! Oh man it is so wicked I cheap at least once a week and go for it!

Great atmosphere, seat yourself, self serve ice cream at the end is free!

BBQ...BBQ...where are you? In Dallas in Deep Ellum go get it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rowlett, Texas
“Overall very good but with drawbacks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been eating at Baker's Ribs for at least 10 years, and their ribs and brisket are among the best in Dallas. Excellent side dishes as well; their beans and potato salad are among the best I've had. Drawbacks: I love pulled pork and have tried theirs twice and both times the pork was gamey and I sent it back. My wife almost became physically ill and refuses to eat there anymore. Also, who likes to eat on styrofoam plates with plastic forks and knives? Not me - this keeps me from going more often. Also, I think people in Texas like to serve their own side dishes. Most barbecue restaurants we go to allow customers to serve up their own side dishes - that's probably why we go to Spring Creek and Soulman's more often. Their meat isn't as good as Baker's, but the dining experience is better. Every time I go to Baker's Ribs the place is nearly empty - I eat mostly at the Garland and Rowlett locations. Yet Spring Creek is nearly full most times we are there.

Lose the plastic dinnerware and let folks serve up their own side dishes and you will get a lot more business.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Colorado
“Great BBQ and Atmosphere the locals share”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

In the shadow of the old Cotton Bowl lies one of the very best BBQ places I have ever eaten at. This tiny little old building is easy to miss, but its worth the trip. We went there witha local, well after the offical lunch hour, and were greeted with fresh food, bug smiles, and a great value!

I had the chopped beef, potato sald, mac & cheese and Texas Toast. Everything was excellent! Best of all was the warm BBQ sauce they give you and the potato salad. I would have sworn my beloved mother made it, it was outstanding. Everything was very, very good.

My wife had the ribs and she literally was licking her fingers.

Excellent and inexpensive!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“the BEST ribs and smoked goodness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place was across the street from us, which meant I could always smell the smoke from the meat day in and day out - making me crave their food non stop!

Their portions are huge, their prices cheap, their food AMAZING! Meat and more meat done in a variety of ways and all served with their delicious smokey bbq sauce. Definitely go to this place, the staff are also very friendly!

Visited October 2012