“top notch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Three Forks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #271 of 3,135 Restaurants in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trinity Mills and Dallas Tollway
Description: Located in North Dallas, III Forks serves the ultimate in Texas French cuisine. III Forks is a restaurant that has recreated the grandiose lifestyle experienced by Texans who believed that fine dining was a perfect combination of great food, great service, great atmosphere and great music spent with the ones you love. With over 25,000 square feet of elegant dining, III Forks can accommodate intimate parties, as well as social gatherings up to 1000, which makes this the perfect choice for any special occasion. III Forks makes each and every special event memorable.
Brisbane
“top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

one of the best steak restaurants around, food quality is amazing service is great. wine list was not what i was hoping for but all in all one of the best dining experiences in dallas

Visited July 2013

“True Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just your first glance into this restaurant brings ease and relaxation to mind. Someone really took the time to make everyone's dining experience an eventful eyeful with the cascading waterfalls, the foliage, the hidden nook's and cranny's for enjoyable pictures. Then you get to meet your waiters. Their exceptional service takes ones breath away throughout the course. I have dined in quite a few nice places and this one is no exception. The waiters continually greet you throughout the evening by name which should be a must in any nice restaurant. They strive to satisfy every need you may have. As far as the food, I was pretty much full from lunch so only ordered the main course without salad. Mine was the lamb chops which were very tender and the taste was outstanding. I've always said if a restaurant can cook a great lamb chop then they have to be a great restaurant. My wife was the reason we even tried this place, she wanted someplace that served Chilean Sea bass. Obviously it was a good choice for her since there was none left afterwards. And she also said the caesar salad was on the list of the best she had ever eaten. Her daughter had the lobster bisque which I tried myself a taste of and it ranks up there with Gaido's lobster bisque which I continue to say is the best we have had. I also tried a nice glass of merlot with the meal which proved to me to be grand as well. All in all I give this place an A+ and would recommend to anyone. The bad of it, my wife's daughter did not eat her shrimp, probably due to eating so much beforehand. I took a few bites and I was not to blown away by the taste of the batter, but all in all it was okay. Also the outer part of the chocolate cake was a bit dried out, but it did disappear quite rapidly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewisville, Texas
“Great birthday dinner, first time at a III Forks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I had my b'day dinner at III Forks and we were both impressed. There is a large bar with a piano player and a large, open dining room with white linen table cloths, North American historical paintings along the ceiling edges, and a large open patio. The menu is traditional steakhouse fare with fresh fish, lobster/crab and an assortment of steaks, filets, etc.

We started with the wedge salad and lobster bisque. The blue cheese dressing was somewhat bland, but otherwise the salad was good. My bone in rib-eye was perfect as was my wife's sea bass. Both our meals came with snap peas, creamed corn and mashed potatoes. They bring a picture of excellent gravy to pour over the potatoes (and meat if you'd like) and offer sliced tomatoes and chives. All sides were excellent.

They then brought complementary glasses of their home made Irish Cream drink. We had the orange vanilla eight layer cake with ice cream, which was also excellent.

I was particularly impressed with our server, who was amazingly attentive, proficient, helpful and polite. We will certainly be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ropesville, Texas
“Never lets me down.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think this is my fifth trip to III forks, and as before, it was spot-on. After a brief snafu (sitting four of us at a huge round table for 6-8; and having to request a smaller table so that we could have a conversation without yelling) things definitely went up from there. Our waiter was fabulous - he was training a manager for the LA location, and both were very friendly, funny, and truly on top of everything. The steaks are always prepared perfectly, with not too much and not too little seasoning, and this time, is skipped the usual of potatoes/corn and had peas, asparagus and broccolini instead. They were fabulous. I added crab legs this time, and was not disappointed. Wine, as always, was delicious (we always go with the waiter's recommendation for new wines we haven't tried). I don't live in the Dallas area, but it's always worth the trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Avoid DFW”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I had heard about the superb quality of three forks. I was travelling out of DFW, and had the opportunity to try three forks at DFW. Absolutely terrible food. Save yourselves an expensive lesson, except if slow service, poorly cooked dishes, and bland seasoning is your thing.
Instead to go the proper three forks and enjoy!

Visited June 2013