“Overall Positive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansion at Turtle Creek Restaurant

The Mansion at Turtle Creek Restaurant
2821 Turtle Creek Blvd, Dallas, TX 75219-4802 (Oak Lawn)
214-559-2100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mansion at Turtle Creek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,027 restaurants in Dallas
Cross street: Turtle Creek and Gillespie
Dallas, Texas
“Overall Positive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited on a Friday for the Taste Lunch menu ($40 each for a three-course meal). For starter, we tried the tuna sashimi, it was fresh and tasted good. I think the chef was trying to create a brush stoke effect on the white plate (like the Chinese painting) using the black sesame sauce, quite honestly it just didn’t look very appealing. I would recommend that they just put the sesame sauce in a small dish and put it on the side of the plate. We also ordered the shrimp and grits, and I like that it was served warm. Texasflat iron steak was tender and just right, but the Alaskan halibut was overcooked and too dry. The vanilla crème brûlée with raspberry marmalade & sorbet was terrific – probably my favorite of the day. We were surprised that the place was not busy at all during our visit. The server was nice and attentive, and overall we had an enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Restaurant Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Last night my husband and I joined our daughter and her boyfriend for a special dinner to kick off Restaurant Week. The setting was beautiful, the waitstaff helpful and the food delicious. We ordered the three course dinner offered for Restaurant Week and all of our choices were excellent. The waitress consulted with the sommelier to bring us appropriate -- and affordable -- wines to complement our food choices. This was a splurge but well worth the money spent. I highly recommend for a special night out--like the 44th anniversary we were celebrating.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
silicon valley
“excellent chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The setting is beautiful with a blend of a european style room with modern touches.Excellent waitstaff varied menu.Excellent food.

Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“My choice? The Library”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ambience (ambiance) and service is the key factor to fine dining. If you are not a King or Queen you will think of yourself as such after your experience at The Mansion ranging from valet to the Somelier to the Maitre d'. The food is par excellent thus not even questionable or necessary to discuss including ordering off the menu which I customarily do because I am a picky eater. If your finances cannot handle a place such as this I suggest you save until you can afford this luxurious experience. My 1977 Marc V (at the time) was parked up front with the Rolls. As I said . . . King or Queen. . .

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“A Lovely Dinner in a Beautiful Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent service and food. I am a vegetarian and they had a vegetarian tasting menu! It was tremendous! The room is stunning … the original living room of this epic mansion.

Very expensive. But really wonderful.

• Visited July 2013