“An Inspirational Visit.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 304 things to do in Dallas
Storrs, CT
“An Inspirational Visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Located on SMU campus the Museum gave an excellent detailed view of the Bush presidency and of the values he brought to the office. It was well done and worth the price of admission. Gave a good perspective of the times our country experienced.

Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Something to Do While in Dallas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I think this is the 4th (Reagan, Nixon and George HW) presidential library I visited. It was Memorial Day which may explain the lines (and lines and lines), but I think Reagan's library was much busier, but I don't recall long waits. First - security, like at the airport, even a conveyor belt for all of your metal, thankfully, I was able to keep my shoes on. Next, a line for the tickets, which entitles you to stand in another line for the audio program. Done? No way! Once you enter the museum proper, there is a short movie, which begins in 4:21...4:20...4:19 minutes). We got there early and found a parking spot easy, but upon leaving....I feel sorry for the just arrived. The content of the museum tells W's story, childhood, famous dad/grandpa, growing up in Midland, Governor, President and the major issues (not just 9/11) he had to deal with. I think the cost/content is fine, I think that over time (hopefully), the security/ticket/audio can be consolidated into one stop and better parking control (there are additional spots around SMU - I don't think staff does a good job directing visitors to avoid the lot congestion). Again, if you're in Dallas for something else, it's worth it, we drove from Houston just to see the center and weren't over impressed. Bush #1 and Reagan's were a lot more upbeat (staff included).

Irving, Texas
“Very educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Even those of us who lived through and paid attention to world events throughout the 43rd presidency can see it from a really different perspective here. Use of technology to highlight events made it very interesting. You will get the most out of it if you take time to read things, and for that, it is best to go at a time when it's not overcrowded. It is easy to get here on public transportation and avoid parking concerns.

Athens, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Technologically advanced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This Presidential Library has all of the updated technology. The video wall in the main entrance foyer is absolutely amazing!! By far one of the most entertaining aspects of the entire tour. Many hands on features to allow visitors the opportunity to truly experience the library in a different way. I would advise visitors to wear comfortable shoes. Also, go early on weekends as it tends to get really crowded by midday and late afternoon.

Cee Vee
14 attraction reviews
“Great Use of AV Technology”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We visited the Bush Library on Memorial Day weekend. There were crowds but lines moved quickly. We were impressed by their creative use of technology. The use of iPods was very creative. I really liked being able to take pictures as we walked around and then picking them up off the web when we got home. The restaurant, Cafe 43, is very good too.

Visited May 2013

Been to The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.