“Really Neat place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 304 things to do in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
4 attraction reviews
“Really Neat place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Tailored for school age kids but lots to see and very well done. I would recommend going during the week if possible as the weekend crowd was significant. Loved the mineral displays.

36 attraction reviews
“Awesome and amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Perot Museum is awesome! I am an ok museum goer in general. If I am in a city and they have a famous museum then I will go and check it out. Overall I am usually impressed with the architecture and/or maybe the age of the exhibit. Or maybe something I recognize about the exhibit or learned about in school. And maybe to some limited extent all of those things. But the Perot Museum really blows them all out of the water.

The dinosaur skeletons they have for me would be enough to go. I have seen "Sue" in Chicago and I would say that the Field Museum there is the only one I have been to that is comparable. I may like the exterior look of the Field Museum better, but since the Perot is newly built is is ridiculously interactive.

Gone are the days of spending all day in a museum just reading placks and never touching anything. They did an awesome job planning this place and you could take kids there over and over and they would keep wanting to come back. Imagine a museum that kids want to go to...impressive.

Visited March 2013
27 attraction reviews
“2 different museums for 1 review = misleading. 2 hours wasn't enough.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

First, Trip Advisor mislead by putting 2 locations of Perot Museum in one item. Perot Museum in North Field Street Dallas just opened in December 2012, so why there are so many reviews in 2010? It turned out they were for the older museum in the Fair Park, that is recently merged under one management, but still they are 2 different locations and completely different!

So my review is for the brand new Perot Museum in N. Field Street. I visited in December 2012, about one week after they opened because I was interested in their newspaper ads. Well. it was much more than I expected!! This is interactive heaven, not only sight seeing. you actually DO something. Kids will enjoy it and I am not a kid or with kids. The architecture and interior design alone is worth visiting. But wait, there's more!! As an adult I enjoyed doing or watching people stepping on the melody stairs, counting my calories games, kids racing with cheetah, trying simulation game to know how it feels to be a flying bird. The geological/germ section was amazing too. Too bad we were already out of time when we arrived at 2nd floor /exploring human life. The Bio Lab which seemed interesting with the big screen microscopes, were already closed and we didn't even have a chance to enjoy all the 2nd floor attractions which seemed A LOT of things to do. So my recommendation is expect to spend 3 hours in this museum, and if you don't want to wait in line with a bunch of school groups, choose afternoon time.

Visited December 2012
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Finally, a great new addition to downtown Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The new Perot Museum is first-rate. We tried to hit the high spots in one afternoon and it was far too much. Fortunately, we get to Dallas several times a year to see our son and wife, so in the future we'll just work on one floor at a time. Don't miss the one million dollar nugget of gold in the mineral display.

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Hands on - Great for Children but poor layout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

You are admitted to the museum via shifts. We noticed that when we pulled up to the Museum at 12:30pm, they mentioned that the next "tour" was only available at 3pm. But when we parked at one of the public lots and came in, we were admitted at 1:15pm so that gave us time to get a drink from their disorganized cafe and browse the giftshop.

When we were admitted, it wasn't immediately clear to us that we'd go up to the very top and work our way down. But the very top wasn't quite the top, there was a mezzanine they dedicated to the birds and there was no stair at the end of the exhibit to go back down but rather only ONE elevator which took forever to come and we had to get back down to the 3rd floor to continue the wander. In my opinion, this layout of going to sorta the top is a bit poor.

Aside from the layout, the museum is very hands on and interactive. It's great to interact with the exhibit and learn. You could spend about 4 hours here before you'd get tired.

There is a movie playing which costs additional and we decided to skip as the subject matter was of no interest to me.

Visited April 2013

Been to Perot Museum of Nature and Science? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Perot Museum of Nature and Science, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.