“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We ordered the Chicken fry chicken with asparagus and smoked cheddar cheese mac and cheese. Our meal was very delicious. For desert, I had the best bread pudding I have had in a very long time. The atmosphere was nice, nice people and staff. As soon as we finished having our dinner, we ordered another voucher so we would definately be returning very soon!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Raw Eggs He Thinks Not”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I ordered a salad with a hardboiled egg to go. When I finally got my salad the majority of the yoke was still uncooked. Manager/Owner (who knows) argued with me saying the egg was done and the majority of restaurants serve eggs that way. By no means was this egg fully done, but instead of the manger saying “I apologize this is how we serve hard boiled eggs at this locations” he decided to argue that this raw egg was done…….wth? If he is the owner or manager he needs a few classes in customer service. Very disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I loved the food in this cozy place. He had the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans (a huge serving) and I had the chicken friend chicken with mashed potatoes and asparagus which was delicious and not too large for me :) We plan to visit again.

Visited January 2013
Somerset, New Jersey
“Ellen's is delicious. Atmosphere is cozy. Waitstaff lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Let them know in advance that we were coming with 22. It is a small place. They did a good job but with this size it was a little slow. teenage girls are not good at waiting.
We had breakfast and the food was delicious. Was a little more expensive than expected but the experience was worth it.

Visited January 2013
“Pork Chops with Figs...Whouda Thunk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I realize I'm repeating myself, but the food defies true definition at Ellen's! I tried the Pork Chops with Figs, Smoked Mac-n-Cheese and Asparagus, and on the side, some Fried Okra. Absolutely heaven on Earth!!! The sweet figs offset the pork chops for a light, yet sweet flare that made it difficult to stop eating! If you've not tried this place yet, you have to try it!