“Fun time in Dallas” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
San Anselmo, California
“Fun time in Dallas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We spent an overnight getaway in Dallas at the NYLO. The rooftop pool and lounge is hip and relaxing at the same time. The appetizers were excellent and the view of the skyline is impressive (especially at night). The decor is fun and rooms are comfortable. It's a great place to stay for a night on the town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Meridian, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a really COOL hotel! Pool table and large flat screen in the game area, great tasting food, great view, and never felt more safe! The entire staff went above and beyond with everything! The shuttle service was always on time. The staff was very friendly, professional, and very helpful with things to do and places to see. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Waco, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing! Every single staff member was so friendly and helpful, and the rooms were just beautiful. The hotel was perfect, and my husband and I are already planning to visit again soon (without the kids this time!).

Room Tip: The suites are gorgeous!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently hosted an event at the NYLO South Side and it was a huge success – in part to the NYLO staff.

I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am to their Events Manager - Griselle Romero.
We had reserved the rooftop Soda Bar, and the day of our event we had a torrential downpour….TEXAS weather!

Griselle effectively and efficiently coordinated the use of the library bar, and was able to meet the needs of our A/V support, catering etc… She was a true professional and handled the logistics our event, blowing away our expectations!

We had over 140 members attend, and we have had nothing but positive feedback.
Thank you to the NYLO for not only offering a beautiful venue, but employing a great team!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is, dollar-for-dollar, one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at. Granted, we didn’t pay much more than $100 as we booked same-day, but iI wouldn’t have been surprised if it had cost $300. Our room was huge, with exposed brick, at least 10-foot ceilings, exposed ductwork, and the whole loft-like feel. The chair wasn’t the most comfortable or attractive, but the rest of the room was really nicely designed with hanging lantern-type lamps that were really neat. It also had free WIFI, which was great. The bathroom was large and the shower huge (although the water seemed almost dangerously hot!). The only drawbacks (and it’s not even a drawback really) is that it’s not in downtown but across the freeway, in a quieter, emptier, neighborhood across from Police Headquarters. There weren’t a ton of food options nearby (we wanted to stay close as it was later) but if we had planned ahead I’m sure we could have found something. Also noteworthy was the rooftop bar, which includes the small pool. Although it was a Tuesday night, it was decently busy, and it had spectacular views of downtown Dallas and beyond. A really cool space, even if the drinks were somewhat overpriced. Overall, this hotel was a GREAT value for us, and I would certainly consider staying there next time I’m in Dallas.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Love the artwork, the decor and the vibe. The Soda Bar on the roof with the infinity pool was amazing. The view of Dallas is unbeatable. The room was comfortable and loved the decor.
Our complaints came when we ordered drinks and tried to sleep on the 5th floor on a Saturday night.

Soda Bar margaritas are awful! Don't waste your money. They literally tasted like bath water - not exaggerating. The bar was very limited so we ended up sticking with beer. The infinity pool was so cool but really needed to be cleaned. Guys were jumping in it in their underwear. The night life on the roof top was a cool scene, though. Loved the view, the people and the music.

We stayed on the 5th floor, one floor down from the rooftop bar. On Saturday night at 11:30, all of the sudden loud techno music started playing and didn't quit till 2:00. I thought there was another party on our floor but when I called to complain and nothing was done, I realized it was coming from the rooftop. There were also several very drunk, very loud ladies running around on our floor spontaneously till 3:30 a.m.

The food in the Terrace Bistro was delicious but the waiter was not too bright so the service was slow and we had to repeatedly ask for things that he would forget. We were not in a hurry so we didn't complain.

I would go back because I love the vibe but not to the 5th floor and I would have drinks at another bar.

Room Tip: Not the 5th floor - NOISY!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
couple Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and as for the few glitches, I will certainly address. We strive to make the best cocktails possible and for a margarita to be watered down, unacceptable. I will get with my F&B team and make sure our drinks and service are up to the high standards NYLO South Side expects.

Best Regards,
Trent Yoder
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Note there are 2 NYLO's in Dallas. I stayed at the NYLO Southside and other co-workers stayed at NYLO Las Colina's (near DFW). I was able to see both.

Pros: Very cool loft style rooms with exposed fixtures and energy saving rooms (you use your room key to turn on the lights). We had a car and parked it out front after inquiring at check in. No cost, but sounds like you need to double check based on other reviews. Music wasn't that loud, but I was on the 2nd floor, further away from the rooftop bar. I had ear plugs I used and was fine.

Cons: Service - At Southside we checked in around 10pm. The woman checking us in acted like she could care less about us being there. Example is when my co-worker got his room key he walked away and went to his room. When I got my key card I asked a few questions and said that it would've been nice for my co-worker to know. Her reply: "Well he shouldn't have just walked off". Not the professional response I expected.

My co-worker who stayed at Nylo near DFW loved it. It appears a newer and I preferred the lobby (more funky attributes). I would stay there to give it a try.

Room Tip: Lower room for less rooftop bar noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback and I sincerely apologize about your reception upon arrival. We strive to make every guest feel welcome upon arrival and it seems we failed to do so in this event. I will certainly address this with my front desk team and make sure it doesn’t happen in the future. I hope that you give us another shot in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Trent Yoder

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!