“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Waco, TX
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing! Every single staff member was so friendly and helpful, and the rooms were just beautiful. The hotel was perfect, and my husband and I are already planning to visit again soon (without the kids this time!).

Room Tip: The suites are gorgeous!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently hosted an event at the NYLO South Side and it was a huge success – in part to the NYLO staff.

I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am to their Events Manager - Griselle Romero.
We had reserved the rooftop Soda Bar, and the day of our event we had a torrential downpour….TEXAS weather!

Griselle effectively and efficiently coordinated the use of the library bar, and was able to meet the needs of our A/V support, catering etc… She was a true professional and handled the logistics our event, blowing away our expectations!

We had over 140 members attend, and we have had nothing but positive feedback.
Thank you to the NYLO for not only offering a beautiful venue, but employing a great team!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is, dollar-for-dollar, one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed at. Granted, we didn’t pay much more than $100 as we booked same-day, but iI wouldn’t have been surprised if it had cost $300. Our room was huge, with exposed brick, at least 10-foot ceilings, exposed ductwork, and the whole loft-like feel. The chair wasn’t the most comfortable or attractive, but the rest of the room was really nicely designed with hanging lantern-type lamps that were really neat. It also had free WIFI, which was great. The bathroom was large and the shower huge (although the water seemed almost dangerously hot!). The only drawbacks (and it’s not even a drawback really) is that it’s not in downtown but across the freeway, in a quieter, emptier, neighborhood across from Police Headquarters. There weren’t a ton of food options nearby (we wanted to stay close as it was later) but if we had planned ahead I’m sure we could have found something. Also noteworthy was the rooftop bar, which includes the small pool. Although it was a Tuesday night, it was decently busy, and it had spectacular views of downtown Dallas and beyond. A really cool space, even if the drinks were somewhat overpriced. Overall, this hotel was a GREAT value for us, and I would certainly consider staying there next time I’m in Dallas.

Tyler, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Love the artwork, the decor and the vibe. The Soda Bar on the roof with the infinity pool was amazing. The view of Dallas is unbeatable. The room was comfortable and loved the decor.
Our complaints came when we ordered drinks and tried to sleep on the 5th floor on a Saturday night.

Soda Bar margaritas are awful! Don't waste your money. They literally tasted like bath water - not exaggerating. The bar was very limited so we ended up sticking with beer. The infinity pool was so cool but really needed to be cleaned. Guys were jumping in it in their underwear. The night life on the roof top was a cool scene, though. Loved the view, the people and the music.

We stayed on the 5th floor, one floor down from the rooftop bar. On Saturday night at 11:30, all of the sudden loud techno music started playing and didn't quit till 2:00. I thought there was another party on our floor but when I called to complain and nothing was done, I realized it was coming from the rooftop. There were also several very drunk, very loud ladies running around on our floor spontaneously till 3:30 a.m.

The food in the Terrace Bistro was delicious but the waiter was not too bright so the service was slow and we had to repeatedly ask for things that he would forget. We were not in a hurry so we didn't complain.

I would go back because I love the vibe but not to the 5th floor and I would have drinks at another bar.

Room Tip: Not the 5th floor - NOISY!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
couple Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and as for the few glitches, I will certainly address. We strive to make the best cocktails possible and for a margarita to be watered down, unacceptable. I will get with my F&B team and make sure our drinks and service are up to the high standards NYLO South Side expects.

Best Regards,
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Note there are 2 NYLO's in Dallas. I stayed at the NYLO Southside and other co-workers stayed at NYLO Las Colina's (near DFW). I was able to see both.

Pros: Very cool loft style rooms with exposed fixtures and energy saving rooms (you use your room key to turn on the lights). We had a car and parked it out front after inquiring at check in. No cost, but sounds like you need to double check based on other reviews. Music wasn't that loud, but I was on the 2nd floor, further away from the rooftop bar. I had ear plugs I used and was fine.

Cons: Service - At Southside we checked in around 10pm. The woman checking us in acted like she could care less about us being there. Example is when my co-worker got his room key he walked away and went to his room. When I got my key card I asked a few questions and said that it would've been nice for my co-worker to know. Her reply: "Well he shouldn't have just walked off". Not the professional response I expected.

My co-worker who stayed at Nylo near DFW loved it. It appears a newer and I preferred the lobby (more funky attributes). I would stay there to give it a try.

Room Tip: Lower room for less rooftop bar noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback and I sincerely apologize about your reception upon arrival. We strive to make every guest feel welcome upon arrival and it seems we failed to do so in this event. I will certainly address this with my front desk team and make sure it doesn’t happen in the future. I hope that you give us another shot in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We recently travelled to Dallas for our son's wedding. We were hosting the rehearsal dinner and needed to find a venue downtown. Having stayed at the NYLO in Plano- and liked it very much-we decided to check out the downtown hotel.The pictures online showed a terrific view of the skyline at night from the rooftop bar. We were put in touch with Griselle, the events manager and booked a block of rooms for our guests. Griselle could not have been nicer or more helpful in setting up the rehearsal dinner, which we held in the library/ lounge off the lobby. We had my 96 year old mother-in-law with us and Griselle made sure that we had an ADA room for her and her companion and also arranged for a birthday cake for her at the dinner. The food was delicious and everyone had a great time.
The rooms are quite large and the beds are incredibly comfortable. And the atmosphere of the hotel is funky, which we liked a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Having said that, the hotel does attract a young, extremely noisy crowd on the weekend. As another reviewer experienced, we also had to call down to the desk because of screaming in the halls, bell ringing in the middle of the night, loud music and lots of yelling as people were coming and going from the entrance, which unfortunately was directly below us. Maybe it was only because it was a holiday weekend, I don't know. It wasn't enough to ruin the trip- and I would emphasize again that everyone who worked there was delightful- but I would have to say that I would think twice about staying there again despite the good location close to downtown.

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms, over the entrance. Very noisy, barbeque joint across the street with loud mus...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and we were so proud to have hosted your son’s rehearsal dinner at NYLO South Side. And you are right, Griselle is a huge asset to our company. I do apologize for the noise issues and I assure you, I am addressing the issues. Some people just don’t know how loud they are. We hope to have you back when you have a little more time to just relax and enjoy the hotel.

Kindest Regards,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at NYLO South Side about a year ago for two weeks(work) and had a great experience. The hotel is super cool looking and has really comfortable beds. I was planning to head to Dallas for a weekend and thought I would stay here again since I loved it the first time around. Totally different. They no longer have free self parking, fifteen bucks a night. Not a huge deal, but a surprise since it was free last time. Upon check in I was given a glass of champagne, nice little touch that was new. We headed up to the rooftop pool after getting settled in. A strange crowd with no seating. Very noisy and abnoxious people. That night at 2am we were woken up by screaming in the hallway. After the bar closes you hear everything inlcuding the drunken fights of all the people that were partying at the Soda bar.
I asked to move rooms the next morning and was accomodated. Our new room was a bit quiter but not by much. We were then woken up by a motorcyle blaring past the hotel in the middle of the night. We went out the next night and decided to go see what all the fuss was about at the pool. It was packed and noisy. We got carded at the door, annoying when you are obviously 21 and staying at the hotel. We decided to head back to our room. The elevator filled up with a bunch of drunk kids. When we excited the elevator to go to our room we heard silly comments about us going back to our room. Seriously! We are grown ups! This is not the crowd I want to be around.
Our room was fine. The bed is always comfortable but there were some issues in the bathroom. The door was really hard to open and close. The fixtures were hanging off the wall in the shower.
Needless to say we will not be staying at NYLO again. Next time go with the tried and true grown up hotel, Palomar, Hotel Lumen. Guranteed a great bar with mature patrons and a great nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay and I apologize that we failed living up to your expectations. I would love it if you gave us another chance to prove that we are still the great hotel that you experienced a year ago. Please feel free to contact me at tyoder@nylohotels.com and I assure you we can make your experience with us more memorable.

-Trent Yoder

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!