“Grea View/Cool Place; Pathetic, Untrustworthy Service” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 South Lamar St., Dallas, TX 75215   |
Special Rate
Book Early - Save 10%
Ranked #13 of 187 hotels in Dallas
“Grea View/Cool Place; Pathetic, Untrustworthy Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Neat location in rejuvenated area of Dallas. Spectacular views and chic surroundings. Rooms were spacious and modern with only one minor flaw -shower curtain was too small (breezy shower).
BUT the service was horrible minus one night server at the Terrace;
Drinks at the Soda Bar were average, & the bartenders exhibited an air of inconvenience - either ignoring or acting put out when presented with "special" request.
Breakfast at the Terrace was no better. Waited over an hour to get our food due to only one server on duty, who dropped our food at the table and had to be flagged down for condiments and tab.
"Best of all" we were over/wrongly charged at both locations - $44/3 drinks at the bar & for soda at Terrace. Of course, people make mistakes, & with the place being relatively new, we didn't expect perfection; however, we didn't even receive the courtesy of an apology or acknowledgement of any issue.
Not sure we'll return, which stinks b/c the place & area has great potential & the food was very good. Since Dallas is filled with options, it's not necessary to deal with poor, disrespectful service and to have to worry/deal with being overcharged. ...the deciding factor will be how the overcharge is handled.

• Stayed August 2013

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Part of me wants to keep this hotel a secret, mainly so that I will always have a room available. Great service, friendly staff, cool vibe. Slept great. Did have an issue with the ac working in my room when I checked in, I was quickly given a new, upgraded room. Love this place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We originally picked this hotel because of the rooftop pool. While the pool was a fun experience, we will definitely return because of the friendly staff & beautiful rooms. We were a needy and inquisitive group and the staff never batted an eye. They were always friendly, informative and most of all helpful. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to my friends & will definitely stay again if ever in the area. Thanks Darrique & staff for a fantastic experience!

• Stayed August 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Arrived at the nylo late afternoon and what a fantastic surprise we had. From walking in with the unusual fantastic decor to leaving knowing we had the best customer experience even a 5 star hotel couldn't match.
After reading previous reviews about the service and the staff attitude in my opinion couldn't have been more wrong.All the staff were pleasant and helpful and believe me we asked them a lot of questions throughout our stay of which they always had time to answer.We even got to keep our rooms until 2pm complimentary as we had an evening flight.
The manager Darrique is a major contributing factor he is by far an asset to the NYLO hotel chain and was friendly,helpful,polite and always accommodating to anything that was asked of him he even drove his customers in the courtesy bus to downtown attractions.
Rooms were quirky,clean,large and spacious and even though the roof top bar was really jumping at times we never heard a sound after we retired for the night.
In summary I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for my daughter's 21st BD. rooftop views are simply gorgeous - especially at night. Staff very friendly and helpful. Loved the "loft" feel of the room. Enjoyable stay. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is one of the BEST hotels I've stayed in in a while.. The staff was very helpful and I really enjoyed the stay. Jaklice ( I hope I spelled his name right) lol was very helpful for us why'll we stayed there. he was very knowledgeable about the his job he worked the front desk like he knew what he was doing. He made the experience even better. What I really loved about the hotel was the Soda Bar it was jamming the whole time we where there no need to go out because the party was there. I didn't get to eat but the food looked good. They made you feel important I was very impressed when I called the front desk and they called me by my last name. I loved that, very personable. they knew who I was every time I came to the front desk! The rooms are chic and modern I loved the room, shower gets real hot the water pressure was great to where you can adjust if you like. You have to stay here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Midlothian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooftop bar is fabulous. Great view of downtown Dallas. The rooms were very roomy and nicely decorated. Lobby also decorated nicely. Didn't try the restaurant, but will next time. All the service personnel I dealt with were very professional.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!