“Excellent Stay, Cool Loft Vibe, But rooftop patio closure dissapointing!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NYLO Dallas South Side

You added NYLO Dallas South Side to your Saves list
NYLO Dallas South Side
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 South Lamar St., Dallas, TX 75215   |
Special Rate
Book Early - Save 10%
Ranked #22 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Stay, Cool Loft Vibe, But rooftop patio closure dissapointing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed for one night in March in a room with 1 king bed. The room was extremely clean, comfortable, and the bed was amazing. Bathroom was huge, and clean. We loved this hotel and would definitely stay here again - our only disappointments were that upon check-in, we were informed that the entire rooftop patio and pool were closed for the night for a private function. We snuck up to see it, but could not use it. We were disappointed, and we feel that the hotel should inform travelers of this beforehand, or give a slight discount. One of their prime selling features was unusable! When we showered we only got scalding water for the first 15 minutes.... Other than this, we loved exploring the neat grounds of the hotel - amazing lobby and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night while on business in Texas. As other reviews mentioned, the decor is very modern, even for a boutique hotel. Location is also very good, I remember driving only 10 minutes or so to restaurants downtown. Easy to find and lots of parking. Service was very professional although I requested a new iron upon check-in and returned late at night to find the switch was never made.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My sister found me this awesome boutique hotel in Dallas on line.....it is modern with eccentric and tasteful decor---great place for young people (late 20's to mid-40's) to stay. The rooms are ultra clean, modern chic with that urban air, and the beds are to die for!!!! SO COMFY!!!! All the modern conveniences!!! I loved that there was shuttle service--Thanks, Pam--you were the best at the front desk!!! The most personable...Wish the shuttle was available for pick-ups late in the evenings--there was only 1 person on duty at the front desk at night, so he/she on duty was not able to be freed up to run the shuttle. Due to it's newness, the service (front desk and restaurant) still needs to get out its kinks....the front desk still needs to pick it up a bit and act more professional towards guests. I did call the front desk twice late one night during my stay due to the loud partying two rooms down--the front desk answered the first time, listened to my complaint but did nothing about the noise; when I called around midnight the second time, the front desk did not answer the phone after I let it ring about 20 times....other than this, I would definitely stay at this cool hotel again....in fact, my friends were jealous of my choice of place to stay while visiting Dallas--I loved showing off the rooftop bar with the best city view and the cafe across the street--Opening Bell Coffee--great cafe and great live music!!!! Last suggestion: Skip eating at the NYLO and eat at the restaurants and caffes around the area.....Yes, if I return to Dallas, the NYLO will be my first choice. Regards, D.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Downey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a Reception and board meeting recently at NYLO South Side. The Rooftop is an incredible place to have a reception, with great views and nice atmosphere. The room for our Board Meeting was a bit small, but we managed, I would suggest getting new chairs for their meetings, these chairs were not the greatest and kept inching down whenever someone sat in them. The Food for both events, and breakfast and lunch at the restaurant, was very tasty and very, very good! My contacts at the hotel and for my events were great to work with, Marisol Lopez and Griselle Romero, and the front desk Thy was very helpful. The guest rooms were different, but very cool and I truly enjoyed them, plus the bed was very comfy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

First, let me say I loved the hotel, the decor, the vibe. The rooftop bar and pool and the view of downtown Dallas were amazing. I would easily have given this place 5 stars if it weren't for the poor service.
The morning after we checked in, housekeeping knocked at 9:30am to ask if we wanted the room cleaned. We were just waking up so we asked them to come back later. We went out about 11:00 and left the "Please Tidy" sign on the door. We came back at 6:00pm and the room had not been cleaned. We called down to the front desk and asked for fresh towels, to which they replied "I'll have it taken care of right away." Did the towels arrive? no. We went out for dinner, came back around 11:00 and still no towels. We had to call yet again and we finally got fresh towels.
Such a wonderful hotel and so it was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very convenient hotel with easy access to & from Dallas convention center
Staff goes above & beyond to insure a pleasant stay.
Hotel is clean, a converted warehouse, I believe.
Suggest not wearing heels in the room as floor (at least in my room) was a bit uneven in spots
Where you could catch a heel if not looking……..
Shuttle service was great. Even though it was a wonderful surprise as Travel Planners had listed that no shuttle service was available. Guess they should have checked with the hotel……..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

What a great stay in Dallas! So happy I chose this hotel and the reviews on here don't lie at all. Great food, rooms, and even better service! a big thanks to your manager that provided us with a shuttle ride during our stay. She never once hesitated to say yes to us when we needed anything. Very geniuine and personable. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!