“What's a better word for 'awesome'!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Early - Save 10%
Ranked #22 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
San Diego
“What's a better word for 'awesome'!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is really cool! Just stayed there on 01-03Apr2013 for a short vacation. The loft style king room was amazing--very quite (even though my room was directly across from the elevator, I didn't hear a thing!). The bathroom was spacious and clean. Huge shower and a nice, high sink which is perfect for us tall people! The staff was accomodating, friendly and attentive. The lounge/library area was so relaxing. There is no room service, but eating at the restaurant in the lobby area is perfectly fine. The food was delicious. Had mussels, beet salad and grilled asparagus for lunch--SO good! Had egg white omelete for breakfast--SO good! This place really is impressive. I'll be staying there again at the beginning of May and I can't wait! Didn't get a chance to go to the roof top bar, but that's on my To-Do list for May! I'd also recommend the Cedars (I think that's the name of it) restaurant across the street. Ordered truffle mac-n-cheese; Kobe meatballs and grilled brussell sprouts--delicious. There are great specialty drinks at the Cedars restaurant as well--I'd recommend the Patsy and the Millionaire.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Only stayed one night at NYLO but completely fell in love and can't wait to go back for another stay! The staff (Pamela in particular) was very friendly upon arriving, made wonderful dinner suggestions. Our room was a king size COMFORTABLE bed-not something we've yet experienced in Dallas hotels. The beautiful trendy room decor was very very eye appealing and overall was just a geat room/ammenities. Loved the fact the room included the use of an iPod alarm clock radio because I left my iPhone charger and this worked out great to charge and listen to music. The rooftop bar featured a romantic skyline view of Downtown Dallas, the staff once again was very friendly and served excellent cocktails, way to go!

Overall the experience was great, and I would highly recommend staying at NYLO Southside as I would love to stay there again!

Cheers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is great! Location and staff!! Highly recommend!! Griselle in sales was very accomodating for our event and professional. The servers and the staff, as well as the bartender were awesome!

• Stayed March 2013
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments! Our team strives to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests and I am pleased to read that everyone made a great impression during your event.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,
Trent Yoder
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had never heard of the NYLO Hotels until a friend recommended this hotel, It has charm, elegance and fabulous food. Chef Jerry de la Riva has created a menu beyond anyone's imagination It's tasty with the use of all natural .juices of the dish. The staff of the hotel are warm and inviting each time you walk through the door. Not to mention that this is a 100 year old warehouse was designated as a historic building and the conversion had to made with certain restraints in mind. The rooms are charming and the bed are the best I've ever slept on even in a 5 star hotel. It's a small hotel only 76 rooms so you do have to plan ahead and make reservations in advance to reserve a room. You will never be disappointed in this hotel it has everything you can ask for in a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Nylo South Side for a week recently. I felt like I was at home for the entire stay. It wasn't like being at a hotel at all. The room feels like a cool apartment you'd like to live in, the restaurant downstairs is a place you'd actually go to if it weren't in the hotel, and the rooftop bar was a place where people were hanging out and having a great time. It's not just the decorations and style, but the small touches and hospitality of the staff that made this amazing. The manager, Derrique, was so thoughtful and remembered our names, took us wherever we needed with the hotel shuttle and was extremely pleasant and hospitable.

There are ihomes in each room, Keurig coffee makers, and flat screen TVs. Everything is clean and comfortable, there is no weird hotel smell, and the shower is glorious.

There's just a really homey, comfortable, fun vibe that makes people want to stay, not just to sleep there but to hang out and enjoy the space. That's really rare in a hotel, but Nylo South side knocked it out of the park.

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

NYLO Dallas South Side hotel is definitely not your average business hotel. Nice roof top bar, the rooms are awesome, the bed is very comfortable and the service is great! I like how the decor is very up to date. I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cruz Bay, St. John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here in March for several nights, our friend got married nearby. The location was perfect for all of the activities our friends had planned. The room rate was reasonable and the staff handled our late night arrival in stride. (We'd been traveling for close to 18 hours by the time we arrived, and we initially went to the wrong NYLO from the airport. I blame the jet-lag, we must have thought the GPS was clairvoyant.) I love NYLO's loft design aesthetic, though there were a few things I didn't like about the room. The main concern was no mini-fridge, which surprised us greatly. I think that's become a pretty standard feature, so I hadn't thought to ask or look into that before booking. There was no room service menu either, another surprise. The sliding bathroom door is not a well-thought out feature, as it doesn't afford the same privacy a regular door would. They provided one robe in the room, our reservation was for 2 people. The room had a beautiful picture window, with an uninterrupted view of the parking lot and what appears to be a popular dog walking path. I can't remember if we were on the 2nd or 3rd floor, but we kept the blinds down while changing clothes (no sheers). I did appreciate the decor, and I liked that we weren't at a cookie-cutter hotel chain. The bed was very comfortable, and we slept well. We have no plans to be in Dallas again anytime soon, but I would consider NYLO for a future stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level, preferably facing the city skyline.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!