“This would have to be the best value hotel in Dallas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Early - Save 10%
Ranked #22 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Melbourne, Australia
“This would have to be the best value hotel in Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My room could be called a suite- with a view of the Dallas Skyline. Luxurious mattress and bedding, huge bathroom- all for the price of an average hotel room- What a great deal.
Throw in a rooftop pool and bar, Great food in the downstairs restaurant ( the grilled scallops are amazing) cool decor, Plenty of free on site self parking - You just cannot go past this hotel!
Oh, and staff are very friendly and attentive also

Room Tip: Ask for room facing city skyline.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your amazing feeback and for sharing them with us on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was thoroughly pleasurable from our lofts to your delightful meal at Terrace Bistro.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Trent Yoder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

If this is the future of green hotels, color me brown. Concrete floors, exposed ceilings (10" above and concrete) and single pane glass (in the big windows) on an industrial road makes for really poor sleeping conditions. Noisy, loud and uncomfortable, unless you like the sound of trucks going to the warehouse (the neighborhood) at three in the morning. I understand this is a reclaimed casket factory - there was enough noise to wake the dead. How about a carpet under the desk chair so it doesn't sound like I'm killing a sheep every time I move my chair? Maybe a closet door instead of a curtain? Their famous rooftop bar was closed for three days due to "repairs." The foyer bar would have been fine if there was more than six stools. Room service? Unless you get the magic word at check in, forget it. No room service menu, but you can call and order off the restaurant menu. Location? Out in the middle of nowhere. $30 to go to downtown by cab, unless you like Gilley's, which is next store - the only thing that is next to this hotel. And the front desk? Three feet between you and the staff. Be prepared to "catch" your key as they toss it to you over the marble expanse. However, don't confuse a bad design with a great staff. They are superb. I hope they all get a job at the Ritz-Carlton. They'd fit right in, without the training or the morning lineup.

Room Tip: Back of the house away from the street. And higher seems to be better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I apologize that you did not find the design of the hotel to be aesthetic. We understand that not all guests will like the loft design, but we do appreciate you giving us a try. I am happy to hear that you found our team outstanding during your stay.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you should need future service.

Trent Yoder
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We discovered this hotel through Trip Advisor and were not disappointed during the two nights we stayed there.
This is very far removed from regular chain hotels and all the better for it; staying here will make you realise what you miss in the chains.
The staff all seem to care about their customers, with a sincerity that is not faked!
The decor may not be to everyones taste, but we loved our large high-ceiling room with it's superbly comfortable bed and large bathroom. The heating /cooling controls actually worked! The public areas of the hotel are spacious, with lots of comfortable easy chairs in the reception / longe area.
The rooftop bar has fantastic views of Dallas - we loved the sunset, although their use of plastic glasses did take the edge off the enjoyment of our drinks - so after one drink there taking in the view of the skyline across the pool, we retired to the excellent ground floor bar!
We did not eat in the hotel, preferring to take breakfast in the quirky Opening Bell Coffee House, and Dinner in the Cedars Social - both are just across the road.
My only minor complaint is why do NYLO - in common with a lot of hotels - put their safe in such an inconvenient position that one has to get on hands and knees to actually use it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Trophy Club, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came for business, but I will return for pleasure. Incredible place! Easy access to neighborhood and downtown restaurants and entertainment. The staff was very accomodating. Comfortable shuttle to Dallas Convention Center. The rooftop bar, firepit and pool are worth the trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share them with us on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide every guest with an enjoyable experience and I'm pleased to read that we achieved this goal during your most recent visit to NYLO.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Stay Unique,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at this property and I highly recommend it for the warmth and unique character. I am looking forward to my next visit to Dallas! The staff was very knowlegable curteous, friendly and kind!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for being loyal to NYLO Hotels! We are pleased to read that your second stay with us was as enjoyable as the first. Please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Stay Unique,
Leawood, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The NYLO Dallas South Side is a wonderful contemporary Hotel with spacious rooms. The staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. They went above and beyond for us in many different instances! I feel a little sorry for the staff however as they are under-staffed and that causes some delays in food and drink service. But, when the food arrives it is fantastic. The rooms are contemporary as well and very nice. The beds are phenomenal. I would have liked a little more lighting, but the big windows help quite a bit during the day. The rooftop deck, bar and pool are also really cool, but again food service is slow due to the under-staffing (the pool is small, more for just getting wet, but the views of downtown are awesome). The Hotel was a great value for the money and I would highly recommend it. The free shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel is extremely handy as well. A little faster food service and this would be a 5 Star Hotel for sure!!

Room Tip: I didn't comment on the Fitness Center, because I don't even know if they have one. I highl...
Conderj,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see that you found our team to be accommodating and helpful during your stay. I apologize for the service you received in the restaurant, I assure you that we will work on this area to refine it.

We hope to see you again soon and always feel free to contact me directly if I can be of future service.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful, very good location, and great rooms. Very modern and yet comfortable. The only flaw I could find would be the restaurant; the service was poor and it seemed very disorganized. The rooftop pool bar is a very nice spot to let loose at night.

Room Tip: Get the living quarter's room - you will feel like you never left home!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see that you found our team to be friendly and helpful during your stay. I apologize for the service you received in the restaurant, I assure you that we will work on this area to refine it.

Kirk Richard

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!