“Not YourOrdinary Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 193 Hotels in Dallas
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Not YourOrdinary Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We discovered this hotel through Trip Advisor and were not disappointed during the two nights we stayed there.
This is very far removed from regular chain hotels and all the better for it; staying here will make you realise what you miss in the chains.
The staff all seem to care about their customers, with a sincerity that is not faked!
The decor may not be to everyones taste, but we loved our large high-ceiling room with it's superbly comfortable bed and large bathroom. The heating /cooling controls actually worked! The public areas of the hotel are spacious, with lots of comfortable easy chairs in the reception / longe area.
The rooftop bar has fantastic views of Dallas - we loved the sunset, although their use of plastic glasses did take the edge off the enjoyment of our drinks - so after one drink there taking in the view of the skyline across the pool, we retired to the excellent ground floor bar!
We did not eat in the hotel, preferring to take breakfast in the quirky Opening Bell Coffee House, and Dinner in the Cedars Social - both are just across the road.
My only minor complaint is why do NYLO - in common with a lot of hotels - put their safe in such an inconvenient position that one has to get on hands and knees to actually use it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Trophy Club, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came for business, but I will return for pleasure. Incredible place! Easy access to neighborhood and downtown restaurants and entertainment. The staff was very accomodating. Comfortable shuttle to Dallas Convention Center. The rooftop bar, firepit and pool are worth the trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share them with us on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide every guest with an enjoyable experience and I'm pleased to read that we achieved this goal during your most recent visit to NYLO.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my second stay at this property and I highly recommend it for the warmth and unique character. I am looking forward to my next visit to Dallas! The staff was very knowlegable curteous, friendly and kind!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for being loyal to NYLO Hotels! We are pleased to read that your second stay with us was as enjoyable as the first. Please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Leawood, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The NYLO Dallas South Side is a wonderful contemporary Hotel with spacious rooms. The staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. They went above and beyond for us in many different instances! I feel a little sorry for the staff however as they are under-staffed and that causes some delays in food and drink service. But, when the food arrives it is fantastic. The rooms are contemporary as well and very nice. The beds are phenomenal. I would have liked a little more lighting, but the big windows help quite a bit during the day. The rooftop deck, bar and pool are also really cool, but again food service is slow due to the under-staffing (the pool is small, more for just getting wet, but the views of downtown are awesome). The Hotel was a great value for the money and I would highly recommend it. The free shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel is extremely handy as well. A little faster food service and this would be a 5 Star Hotel for sure!!

Room Tip: I didn't comment on the Fitness Center, because I don't even know if they have one. I highl...
Conderj,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see that you found our team to be accommodating and helpful during your stay. I apologize for the service you received in the restaurant, I assure you that we will work on this area to refine it.

We hope to see you again soon and always feel free to contact me directly if I can be of future service.

Best Regards,
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful, very good location, and great rooms. Very modern and yet comfortable. The only flaw I could find would be the restaurant; the service was poor and it seemed very disorganized. The rooftop pool bar is a very nice spot to let loose at night.

Room Tip: Get the living quarter's room - you will feel like you never left home!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to see that you found our team to be friendly and helpful during your stay. I apologize for the service you received in the restaurant, I assure you that we will work on this area to refine it.

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon this hotel on tripadvisor and I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. The room was very nice, the bed was amazing. NYLO South Side will have my business any time I stay in Dallas. The decor and layout of the whole building was refreshing in the monotonous world of hotels. The staff was friendly and about ten minutes after checking in I got a call from the front desk asking if I needed anything and to see if the room I was in was what I desired. Great overall experience. If I had to complain I'd say that I had a room directly under the bar and we could hear the noises from the bar until about 1 am. That, however, didn't hinder my experience at this wonderful place.

• Stayed February 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor and for choosing NYLO to host your recent visit to Dallas. We are very thrilled to read that your experience was great and you enjoyed the design of the hotel.

We hope to see you again in the near future and always feel free to contact us directly if we can of of assistance.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really appreciate my stay at the NYLO. The service was excellent and the staff were amazing. The bed was very very comfy. The food was good and the look of the hotel is great. I recommand it to all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your fantastic feedback! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your most recent visit to NYLO Dallas South Side. Please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

We hope to see you again soon, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of future service.