“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really appreciate my stay at the NYLO. The service was excellent and the staff were amazing. The bed was very very comfy. The food was good and the look of the hotel is great. I recommand it to all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic feedback! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your most recent visit to NYLO Dallas South Side. Please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

We hope to see you again soon, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of future service.

Kirk Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

With the modern decor and a touch of classic pieces this place makes the standard hotel seem boring. Very affordable. The loft rooms are spacious and comfortable and the bed is basically a giant pillow you don't want to get out of. The restaurant has a good selection of French cuisine and is superb. The rooftop bar and pool is the icing on the cake. Great atmosphere and a view of downtown that is hard to beat. Customer service is also great. They will help you in almost any way and were very informative. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! I just can't say enough about this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Good Day GlenM4,

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed visiting NYLO Dallas South Side and were able to visit Terrace Bistro and SODA Bar during your stay.

I am also pleased that you found our associates to be helpful and accommodating. Please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can be of service.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

NYLO is a local Dallas area chain. This hotel was located in the South Side, which is on the south end of the Arts District within walking distance to the convention center, in an up and coming artsy neighborhood full of music venues, art studios, and interesting restaurants, and very near the Museum District. The NYLO South Side was a nice departure from the standard business hotel. It stays in the sweet spot as far as rates go for business hotel pricing, and it has a trendy, modern flair that manages to stay out of the somewhat pompous W Hotel realm but still deliver a unique experience even though it doesn’t offer an over the top luxury experience.

Some comments on the hotel:

• Trendy industrial style loft rooms with big windows and unique furniture and lighting. The rooms are huge.
• Free wifi and if the signal is weak, the hotel will provide you with cables. Internet speeds were inconsistent. Some days it was lightning fast, other days it was like dealing with dial-up, both wifi and wired.
• The beds were great in and of themselves and are perfect for sinking into at the end of a long day of meetings. However, the pillows were much too firm for my taste and there was only one kind of pillow to choose from – FIRM - which impacted the overall sleep quality for me. There should be different pillow options.
• Insufficient wait staff at restaurant in the morning. In other words, there was just one guy doing everything so the service was super slow, albeit he had a great attitude, was very kind, and always remembered my preferences during my week stay there. There should have been at least two people manning the area even though there was not an abundance of people, but it would have made the overall experience much smoother.
• Food taste and quality was average, but there were some interesting items on the menu that kept it from being boring.
• Soda Bar on the top floor has outstanding views of downtown and live entertainment. Bartenders are very accommodating. But beware, you will be served in plastics cups because the bar surrounds the hotel pool.
• Opening Bell Coffee Shop directly across the street is a great morning alternative if you just want some coffee, and you want it fast!
• Cedars Social is also across the street – check it out for high-quality cocktails and outstanding flavors.
• Overall staff super friendly and accommodating, but there needs to be more staff available.
• Free parking
• The hotel has a shuttle (I think it was an Explorer or Escalade) and will drop off/pick up in the area so you don’t have to drive and pay for parking even if you brought a car.
• Great business hotel, I will stay here again.
• Great hotel for a solo female business traveler. I always felt safe and secure both in the hotel in the neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Whaltar,

Thank you for choosing NYLO to host your most recent visit to Dallas and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We truly value your comments as we can only grow better as a brand with honest feedback from guests like yourself. In regards to your comments about the staffing of our restaurant, please be assured that we are addressing this issue and will do better to staff accordingly during peak times.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further service.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The hotel is industrial loft style and the rooms were fine. The staff was very nice and as helpful as they could be but the management needs to pay attention. Each day there was a single waiter or waitress staffing the restaurant. Service was super slow. It took 10 to 15 minutes to get a cup of coffee and 45 minutes for a bowl of oatmeal. One person to serve that many tables is impossible. This is not a failure of the wait staff but the manager should be fired unless this is corrected. Even one more person filling coffee cups and ringing up checks would have made huge difference. We learned to go across the street to the Opening Bell for coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Good day,

Thank you for choosing NYLO to host your most recent visit to Dallas and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your comments regarding the staffing of our restaurant, please be assured that we are addressing this issue and will do better to staff accordingly during peak times.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Wow this was very disappointing to say the least. The check in was slow and the people in the lobby area where some less to be desired crew. There was no music playing and the staff seemed like they were playing a scene out in the twilight zone ( or zombie movie for the younger reader). We selected a large bedroom suite. For this to be a newer hotel it has really been used and abused. I would select the Aloft over this property. We have stayed at a few Nylo's and this is not a good one. O yes I did have to contact them to come and clean the blood off the toilet, clean the other strange fluid out of the tub and change the hand towels that had been used prior to our arrival. I questioned if they had given this room to another guest and made an error. They said No, so who knows what happened.

Room Tip: Stay at another location.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the amenities in our guest rooms specifically the toilet and towels; such behavior is not the NYLO standard. I will make sure the appropriate department heads are aware of your experience so that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I decided to stay at this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews. I was not disappointed. Although this hotel is not over-the-top luxurious (it's more of an industrial loft feel) it was clean, modern and the customer service was great.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
STLSteward,

Thank you for staying at NYLO Dallas South Side and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the NYLO team during your recent visit to Dallas.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and I can honestly say NYLO Dallas Southside is my new favorite. The design, art, music, entertainment, food, and overall atmosphere is amazing! I didn't want to leave the hotel while I was in Dallas, and honestly, there was no need. I wanted to catch some jazz on a Saturday night and when I came down to the lobby, there was a jazz band playing! The service was excellent and the staff went above and beyond. I can't even begin to say enough about NYLO! You must check out the photos of their property to understand. There is no other place like it!

• Stayed November 2012
Voth13,

Thank you for the amazing feedback and for taking the time to share them with us on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that your thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and our amenities during your recent visit to Dallas.

General Manager, NYLO Dallas South Side

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!