“Classy, stylish and a great night sleep.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Early - Save 10%
Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Classy, stylish and a great night sleep.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

See for yourself, you will not be disappointed. I have stayed at various NYLO's and this one is my new favorite! The decor, service, and roof deck are all amazing. Quiet rooms with comfortable beds and spacious showers.

Room Tip: 5th floor facing downtown Dallas.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Mary D,

Thank you for the amazing feedback! I am very pleased to read that you always enjoy visiting NYLO Hotels and thoroughly enjoyed NYLO Dallas South Side during your recent visit to Dallas.

Please touch base when your travels should return to Dallas as I will have my team create another signature NYLO experience for you!

General Manager, NYLO Dallas South Side

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I love all the NYLO locations due to their cool eclectic hip vibe without being pretentious or snooty. For my wife's bday we couldn't really afford to go to far from our home but I wanted to make sure it was memorable and a mini adult vacation. Southside fit all my requirements from being new, classy, adult oriented, great location all while still being within 30-40 minutes of the home. Love the exposed brick in the rooms (great job) and super comfy bed but I would be kidding you if I didn't say the shining star has got be the Soda Bar. Do yourself a favor and enjoy a Texas sunset off to the west with a great signature drink and then watch downtown "turn on" all the while catching glimpse of the infinity roof top pool. Unbelievable...enough that we made sure to enjoy the same view but a little earlier on our second night. Excellent restaurant across the street called the Cedars Social and a sweet unique (very non Dallas) coffee shop on the other side called Opening Bell Coffee. A+++ Can’t wait to have another stay-cation and NYLO Southside will be top of my choices.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the Lamar side...a bit of traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Volney_III,

Thank you for your amazing feedback and for sharing them with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at NYLO Dallas South Side, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have been travelling across America with friends for the last month and I have stayed in many hotels, NYLO has been my favourite and, in fact, one of the best and most unique hotels I have ever stayed in. It seems to be a new hotel and it doesnt have many reviews so i was not sure what to expect when we arrived buts it's in a really cool location with free parking which was perfect. The check-in was smooth and easy, but the real 'wow' moment was when we walked into our room, I thought we had been upgraded to a suite as the room was huge! It's not your normal hotel room... It reminded me of a cool loft apartment, exposed brick walls and bare ceilings and floors (sounds horrible but trust me it's amazing) very modern decor, huge flat screen TV on the wall, a sofa, art on the walls, 2 huge double beds with clean white linens, fantastic view of Dallas, I could go on and on. Very nice concept for a hotel room. Huge shower and a separate toilet area. Lots of space to hang clothes and hide suitcases. Free wi-fi in the rooms, I could have easily stayed in the room for my whole stay! The hotel it's self is just as good as the rooms, modern and lots of art everywhere, the rooftop pool was fantastic and the bar was great for having a few cocktails. There didn't seem to be many guests staying here so we felt like we had a lot of space and it felt really exclusive. Across the street there is a great restaurant/bar called the Cedar Social, I would recommend making a reservation as it was so busy in there but I can see why as the food was amazing, and across the other street there was a really nice coffee shop which was also a bar in the evening. I actually wanted to live in this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Katie88_12,

Thank you for the amazing feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am very thrilled to hear that our NYLO loft gave you that "Wow" moment and that your stay was fantastic.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact me directly if I can be of future service.

dallas, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I went up to the rooftop bar before dining downstairs --- great experience all the way around. Beautiful, elegant and unique experience on the roof, great drinks and terrific service - not too intrusive, just right. Got the meat platter while enjoying drinks....delicious breads. Then, had dinner. Had a great server (just the right level of attention, plus humor and enjoyed his personality). Steak was fabulous...amazing. Fried asparagus (best ever!) and mushroom sauce over the steak. Love the fact that its a boutique hotel - not huge, elegant with the right level of funk. Terrific night out! We plan to go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the amazing feedback! I am pleased to read that you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your visit to NYLO Dallas South Side!

Please keep in touch when your travels should bring you back to Dallas and I will ensure that my team will create another excellent NYLO experience!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We were there on Friday, Nov 23 and the place was downright spooky. I expected light occupancy b/c of the holiday but we literally only saw 1 other couple there. The Soda Bar was completly closed. You stepped off the elevator into a pitch black room. The same lady that checked us in also brought us towels. We went to breakfast the next day arounder 9:30am & were told that the waitor hadn't arrived yet. Huh? We left after we realized that we were the only patrons AND their was only a pre arranged brunch menu (@9:30am on a Sat?). My advice would be to call ahead and ensure that the rooftop bar is open & that you hv breakfast choices.

• Stayed November 2012
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Dallas South Side, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Lisisi8080,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide every guest with a confortable, relaxing, and fun stay - and feedback like yours is extremely important to us. I sincerely apologize about the lack of service you received during our Breakfast hours, be assured I have informed the appropriate department heads and for the next holiday we will consider your suggestions regarding breakfast and SODA Bar hours.

Please let me know if your travels should bring you back to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature NYLO experience.

Best Regards,

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were so tired of Tgiving traffic that we decided at the last minute to spend the night in Dallas before continuing on home. I am so glad we did. The hotel staff were readily accommodating and very healpful, friendly and professional. This location is perfect for us - close to my son and close to everything downtown.
An historic building that has been restored and updated - lovely eclectic decor, nice art work. Our room had an amazing view of the Dallas skyline and a huge TV...but most importantly an incredibly comfortable HUGE bed. An excellent rooftop pool area (gorgeous views and an infinity pool) with a great bar. The bar staff made us up some truly tasty cocktails and we met a lot of fun people. We had a couple of small plates that were also really good. We would have eaten there - I wanted to try some interesting things on the menu but we had heard such great things about the place across the street that we just had to go.
It was just such a nice experience - everyone was friendly and professional. We will stay there every time we're in Dallas - I am really looking forward to going back.

Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at all the NYLOs in the Dallas area. This one was a amazing. The rooms where beautiful. Food was great. And the atmosphere was fun!!! Cool place to get a away and relax but a place where it is definately happened!!! Stay there!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
81mm,

Thank you for your amazing comments! I am very pleased to read that your visit to NYLO Dallas South Side was over-the-top!

Please let me know if you should need another amazing get-a-way, as I will have my team provide another NYLO signature experience!

NYLO Dallas South Side

Been to NYLO Dallas South Side? Share your experiences!