“My favorite burger joint.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 3,098 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Texas
“My favorite burger joint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nothing fancy just good food. Burgers are the best. Lots of variety to choose from, but I'm stuck on the "Straight Up" with bacon. The meat to bun ratio is just right for me. I do not like too much bun. Their buns are very fresh and not gummy. Do not pass up getting the fries and although you get a generous serving you will not want to share, so make your dining companions get their own. If you have room for dessert, the single serve pies are yummy!They offer other entrees besides burgers. Sometime I'll eat there a couple of times in row so I can get my burger fix and then try something else the next day.

Be prepared to wait, this place is very busy but they move the line along very fast and service is friendly. There is only a counter that seats about 10 on the inside. Most of the seating is outdoor patio.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“Get there early”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food and friendly people. Love the fleetwood sandwich, pork, ham and bacon, who doesn't love three types of pig in one sandwich?!

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“the 1st visit of what I anticipate will be many more to come”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter read some good things about this burger place, I looked them up, reviewed then menu and thought we should give it a try.

At first a little intimidating as you are not sure where the entrance is, we walked right by it and ended up in the outside dining area behind OSK. The we back tracked and I think went in the out door (doors are not marked!) but did fond the end of the line. There were 4 of us and we were all impressed with our slection, we have 1 Straight Up, 2 Stock Cheese and 1 Do it Murph style (mine) which was such a nice blend of sweet & a hint of heat. Some fries and Iced teas. The tea was nice as it was not cloudy tea, a very clean clear refreshing tea in my opinion.

Were not able to try the pies as they had some equipment malfunction the previous day and had to choose between cooking burgers or deserts and they chose burgers. This was good as it will definitely make us go back just to try the pies after were eat another burger or sandwich.

I want to be a frequenter but I would think it is a "fair weather" place for our taste as it has minimal seating inside and the outside is well, outside. I was a tad on the cool side today and can only imagine the heat of the summer. I certainly hope to learn more about how we work around this environmental issue.

To sum it up again though, GREAT food and we will be back and suggest that you give it a try.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burleson TX
“A dive that deserves your attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

oh my, oh my, oh my...The burgers are to die for and probably everything else is as well!! For my first visit I decided to try the simple "Stock Burger" and glad I did. The meat is ground in-house and the quality comes through. Although the burgers are only a 1/4 lb they are more than ample and each part compliments the whole... from the Village Baking Co specialty buns, the finely shredded lettuce, the juicy tomatoes, the griddle onions that dont take over, the mayo blending with the burger juices, that juicy luscious burger. Simple ingredients done perfectly!!! My husband went for the 24 hr cracked pepper brisket sandwich and it was heavenly as well. The shredded meat was juicy and full of flavor and again the toppings and the specialty long roll complimented ti perfectly. The fries are some of the best around also & crispy to the last one is gone!! And the prices are cheap!!!!! The cons....The menu is clever and confusing for 1st timers. Drink selection is ecelctic. The location is shabby but its supposed to be. Place is tiny & indoor seating is limited to a single counter & we sat on the patio. It was chilly even with heaters but it didnt matter with food so delish!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Irving, Texas
“Step back into the sixties!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Original recipe Schlitz! Can you believe this place has that beer and an awesome hamburger to boot. If you eat french fries, they will hit the spot. Great decor will keep your eyes entertained and take you back to the good old days! Ask the cooks to turn the music up loud and sing along! When in Dallas, Texas be sure to put this restaurant on your to do list.

• Visited February 2013