“short list B-que list” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Toledo, Ohio
“short list B-que list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Bravo the concierge at the Sheraton that recommended this place. The brisket I agree is fabulous. The pork ribs were very good. I wish I could of had the beef ribs as well. The meat was tender and the smoke flavor was so good. The Brisket is the star. One side I loved was the Collard Greens. They had a hint of sweetness and spice that made them oh so nice! The pecan cobbler was okay. They need to work on the dessert. blueberry soda was fun and the root beer fountain drink was quite good. Had to wait on line for about 30 to 45 minutes. I recommend showing up around 1PM for less hectic lunch.

My only serious criticism is that the barbecue sauce was okay. I preferred eating the meat at this place dry.

Visited May 2014

Forney, Texas
“Best BBQ in Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are a BBQ lover, this is your place! It used to be in the Farmer's Market but recently moved to 2702 Main Street (Deep Ellum). They have the best smoked brisket (and I usually hate brisket), their pork ribs are divine and their sides are nothing to sneeze at either. The lines are long so be prepared to wait unless you want to buy by the pound, then you can go to the express line and skip the lines as this is usually no wait! I have seen people buy the beef ribs and they say they are good as well but I haven't tried them. The peach cobbler is good and they serve beer and wine so you can have a drink while you wait. I absolutely love this place and they have a strong following. It is a must try when in Dallas!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What just happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Went to Pecan Lodge the day before their move to a new location. I had been looking forward to this for some time. So with wife and baby in tow I head to this place. When I finally get the chance to order. I order 1/2 a pound of sliced brisket and 1/2 pound of ribs with a pint of beans on the side. Man was I surprised when I received my plate. 1 slice of brisket and one rib. I asked them was this right and they told me yes it was weighed. I had to order 2 sliced beef sandwiches which were cheaper with a lot more meat. The brisket is the best I have ever had, burnt ends were incredible. Just didn't like getting screwed out of my money for a single slice of brisket and 1 rib. Very unenjoyable. Worse part is that when I let them know hey I think my order is wrong. They made no effort to fix it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Highland Park, Texas
“It's ok | too spicy peppery flavor for my liking.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a great BBQ joint. Based upon reviews, I selected pecan, and was not impressed.

The BBQ was in my opinion a little too spicy | pepper flavor was too much for me. But, for Those who like spicy, this flavor may sit well for them.

The ambience is very BBQ rustic and clean

I'll keep tasting my way through BBQ joints until I find the right one for me.

FYI - farmers market Pecan location is CLOSED .

Visited May 2014
DALLAS
“BEST BBQ IN DALLAS....PERIOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

No doubt about it....Pecan Lodge is the best bbq joint in the Big D. They are opening their new restaurant May 23rd@Main&Pryor in Deep Ellum. Currently they have a spot at the Farmer's Market&if you aren't there within 20 minutes of opening....you aint gettin ribs-they'll sell out!! There are obviously several grest spots for bbq...but this is the best hands down.

When at the restaurant give a shout out to the bar manager Craig-my bro-in-law! They'll have Deep Ellum brews, local brewery 4 blocks away, and lots of good options on craft brews.

• Visited March 2014