“Pampered” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, TX
“Pampered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I had a night away at the Hotel ZaZa. When we arrived, we were upgraded to one of the bungalow's that was available as the hotel wasn't fully booked. The bungalow was a two floor, two bedroom, 2.5 bath townhouse with a full kitchen. It was tastefully decorated (in a 35yr old, well to do bachelor motif) and very comfortable.

We didn't feel like going out to dinner so the ZaZa staff was nice enough to drive us to pick up sushi at Yutaka which is a mile away.

Everyone from the valet to the check in staff to the bartender at the dragonfly were very nice and hospitable. Very relaxing stay.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We've stayed at both the Dallas and Houston ZaZa hotels and both are great in their own ways. The ZaZa is a great hotel from the moment you pull up to the moment you leave. The staff and super-friendly and accommodating, and the truck with the Long Horns on the bumper lets you know you've arrived in Dallas and adds a nice quirky touch to a modern, vibey hotel. The hotel has interesting and sexy art and generally has a young adult feel to it. Great bar scene, great cocktails and although we didn't eat much beyond the bar food, it was excellent every time. The rooms are big but have a nice, cozy feel. My only complaint (very minor) is that if your room faces the street, it can get noisy at night some bring some earplugs - Or, simply hit the bar downstairs until the early hours.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Geoff!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a great visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! Top-notch service is key at the Z. I am also glad you enjoyed the Dragonfly bar! The D serves a variety of tasty drinks!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

How can I thank the Hotel ZaZa enough?! It's been a crazy year and my husband and I were spending Thanksgiving in Dallas for business w the last two days reserved for some much needed r&r. We had stayed at the ZaZa before, eaten at the restaurant at least five times and always had a wonderful time. I was a little hesitant to book this time, as the daily rates were a little outside of the budget - but needing a true get-away, I went ahead - I am SO glad that I did!

I emailed the hotel ahead of time and let them know that my husband and I were looking for relaxation. They upgraded us to a suite and had champagne waiting for us upon arrival. We had breakfast in the hotel each morning and Julian (give him a raise) went out of his way to take special care of us - 5 star service and FABULOUS food!

The room/bed were amazing and we were able to catch up on sleep, order room service (which was phenomenal - food came hot, exactly how we ordered and was delicious) and entertain a group of friends!

Our stay was just what we needed and while checking out I had tears in my eyes - thank you for taking such good care of us Hotel ZaZa. I am TRULY grateful for the hospitality and care you gave us - our stay exceeded our expectations. I hope we can make it back soon!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
IamPacking!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful visit at Hotel ZaZa over Thanksgiving! Comfort and superb service are both key at the Z.

Please touch base when you would like to zip back to ZaZa for another signature experience! We love ya!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had never stayed at a ZaZa property, but was looking for a location near the Meyerson Symphony Center as we had tickets for two Christmas concerts (the Dallas Symphony was great, by the way, and worth the drive from Baton Rouge). Hotel ZaZa was only about a half a mile away, and the reviews were great, so I decided to give it a try. The hotel is lovely, and the room was very nice and comfortable. The balcony is more than a typical hotel balcony in that it is very deep and private, almost like an outdoor room. Our room was on the second floor right over the entrance to the bar and restaurant. Saturday night late we could hear faint laughter from this area, but nothing that I found disturbing. While we never ate at Dragonfly, we had in-room breakfast every day, and one night had a light snack. All of the food was delicious. The best part was that the hotel will provide free transportation within 4 miles. This was a perfect solution for our Symphony trips because we were dropped right at the front door and never had to worry about navigating or paying for parking. The two ZaZa SUVs used for this purpose had a longhorn skull with horns mounted on the front grill surrounded by a wreath and lights. Well, You just don't see that in Louisiana. After the concert, we simply called the telephone number on the back of the key card and were picked up within about five minutes. Our driver Monday night found out we were stopping for lunch in Shreveport the next day. He said he used to live there and knew of a great restaurant, but just couldn't think of the name. By the time he picked us up after the concert, he had the name of the restaurant. Their parking appeared to be limited with a somewhat frenetic shuffling of cars at the entrance. That said, it was always professional and efficient. I felt that they made the very best of a difficult situation.

Now for my only area of concern, and perhaps a word of advice for guests choosing to use the spa. I called to schedule the massages about twenty minutes before the appointment time. I only say this because I am sure that the person behind the desk was the same person I talked with on the phone. I told her I wanted to charge the massages to the room, but that we would be giving our tips directly to the therapists. No comment. As we were leaving and I was signing the ticket, the desk person informed me that they added a service charge to the ticket that included an 18% tip for the therapists. I pointed out what I had initially told her and suggested that when I was scheduling the service and told her I planned to give the therapist a cash tip would have been an appropriate time to inform me of this policy, or perhaps when we arrived prior to the massage. She said, and I quote, "we inform you at the end." I get a massage every two weeks, so this wasn't my first rodeo. I told her that adding a "service charge" after the service had been provided, and after a cash tip had already been given, was not exactly a normal way of doing things. My therapist apparently overheard the discussion and gave me the tip back so that desk girl could be happy with adding her service charge. The only thing I could say is that this person had to be new, because she didn't have the typical friendly problem solving demeanor as every other person on the property. Even though we disagreed about this one point, I think the average ZaZa employee would have put a smile on his face, apologized for the confusion and asked if I was okay with doing it that way. I would have been fine as long as we were not paying the tip twice. What I found somewhat disturbing, however, is the snarky attitude she had as she told me she would tell her manager what I said. This would absolutely not stop me from staying at this hotel in the future, nor for giving the hotel experience a strong 5 stars. I'm just hoping somebody gives her a pep talk on the ZaZa friendliness we had come to take for granted.

Yes the total cost for three days with the valet parking was not cheap, but the hotel location, comfort of the room and 99% of the staff were terrific. Thanks for a great stay, guys - I look forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: The ZaZa website has good descriptions of the rooms on their websites. I had a balcony room, and it...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the ZaZa on a Thursday night.
We arrived to the American Airlines Center and called zaza for a ride and this was around 2:30 or 3ish. We were picked up and whisked away to the best hotel I have stayed at.
The lobby was pretty crowded with lots of people dressed to the T.
Check in was a breeze..
We were upgraded to the ZaZa Suite. Let me say this room was amazing.. 1200 or so square feet of heaven.. Let me say the bed was like sleeping in a cloud, my husband that always gets up at the crack of dawn found himself not being able to get up out of bed.. side note we were not hungover either..
The Jacuzzi tub is a must if you like bubble baths..
We had a balcony and enjoyed the Dallas skyline that night after dinner.
After we got dressed up we went down to the BAR for drinks and Miss Tiffany suggested the Moscow Mule for me and it is now my new favorite.. my husband enjoyed drinking beer.
After our drinks we were seated at a table. We both decided to order the steak, broccoli and potatoes...Let me just say it was the best steak I have ever eaten.
We had a concert to attend at the American Airlines center so we went out to get a ride and although they were incredibly busy they were able to accommodate us getting us to our concert in time.
We called to get get picked up after the concert and they picked us up in less than ten minutes.
We made a quick jot up to the room and tea lights and chocolates were there awaiting our arrival.
We went back down to the bar for a drink and found a little quant table in the corner to people watch. Lots of single people and some couples. The staff we're very busy but so, so nice. Miss Tiffany again noticed our return and made sure we were hooked up with whatever we needed.
A business party was in progress that evening with music etc. And sounded like everyone was having a great time. Wish we could have joined in on the fun.
Coffee and tea were set up by the ice dispenser in the morning on the 4th floor, nice because I always like to get my caffeine fix while getting around.
The decor in the hotel is trendy and really, really nice.
A beautiful Christmas tree was set up in the Lobby..
The next morning we had breakfast at the Dragonfly and my Salmon eggs Benedict was amazing...
Would like to say thank you to Avi and Ericha for setting us up in the beautiful Zaza suite.

We can't wait to return.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Susan M!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience at Hotel ZaZa. We are all about providing a signature experience to our guests! I will commend Tiffany, Avi & Erika for providing superb service to you during your stay at the Z.

Please touch base when your travels return you Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a very comfortable stay at Hotel Zaza. My girlfriend hosted a 21st Birthday party for her daughter here. Service and staff are top notch. This place offers a high end experience for even the fickle Dallas crowd. Everything is top notch and top dollar... but worth it. The bungalos are old homes that have been dramatically redone from foundation to shingles. Nothing was left out. Fantastic artwork, solid furnishings and overall "chillability."tm So much more than I can describe here. Treat yourself and the special person in your life to a great experience here.

Note that I placed a tm after "Culpability" that is because I just coined the phrase here and the trademark is pending.

Cheers!!

• Stayed November 2014
Matthew_Nuss, President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Andy M!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa last month. Top-notch service is key at the Z!

Please touch base when you would like to indulge in another eclectic experience at Hotel ZaZa! We love ya at the Z!
Henderson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well I just thought I had seen it all with the Rock Star suite but let me tell you this the Last Czar was wow,unbelievable, amazing, awesome. But that is what I say about all of the hotel Zaza Dallas and the people that work there. This hotel's staff makes you feel like a rock star even if your just a everyday person. Let me just say if you haven't been to the hotel you're missing out on a special place to stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
JDReedy!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am happy to read that you had a wonderful experience at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Magnificent Seven Suites are definitely AWESOME. I am glad you enjoyed The Last Czar Suite!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas or Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!