“Great hotel in Dallas” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel in Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great hotel experience with an excellent staff. The accommodations were both unique and comfortable. The Monarch Restaurant served a great tasting breakfast. All-in-all, a top shelf hotel experience...

• Stayed December 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
MarkC3156!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to read that you had a great experience at Hotel ZaZa & the Monarch recently!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Greeted by Zack who made us feel at home immediately and upgraded us to a bungalow without asking. He made sure we had everything we needed and was so accommodating. Service was excellent. Bungalow was like a fabulous 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment with private porch seating. Morning snacks and coffee were available in a common area. Private parking so no need to have car brought around. This would be great for a family. Huge TV's in every room and great mattress's . The only thing that I did not like about the bungalow's was we had a short walk to the hotel bar and restaurant. If the weather was rainy or freezing that would have been inconvenient although the hotel car will pick you up and take you back and forth. Also great that they will transport you to the area bars and restaurants in the hotel car. The bar at hotel was perfect for having drinks and snacks. It was busy with great atmosphere. Had breakfast the next morning and it was delicious. Food and drinks were reasonably priced for uptown Dallas but the hotel is expensive. We called and got a great package prior to coming.

Room Tip: Bungalow we were in was very quiet. There are 4 bungalows to each building with secure entries to e...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Lucinda!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit in one of the ZaZa Bungalows!

The Magic Carpet Ride Shuttle Service is definitely a fantastic transporation option. The Z team will drive guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya!
Roetgen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I travel and overnight about 100 nights a year all over the world, this was one of the friendliest and well run hotels I have stayed at. Everyone looked after me, talked when I wanted, let me read when I wanted - and the bar is the place to be. Fitness room is just right.
Met Charlie and spent the whole evening chatting with him - what a nice guy.
Well done everyone there, I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the themed rooms, and then wait to be surprised
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TonyHarvey!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa recently.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my staff whip up an eclectic experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Service was very warm and caring. Rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. We had a king super deluxe room and the only odd thing is that the shower had a window to the bedroom so if the light was on in the bathroom the entire bedroom was quite bright. We were also there during some construction outside and the room was quite loud - not sure how much of this was the freeway noise (right by a major interstate) and how much was construction driven. There was a note in our room that ear plugs/noise machine was available. Staff was very responsive and room service offered solid breakfast options.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Starthur!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at the Z where excellent service is key!

Please touch base when you are ready to plan another ZaZa getaway, as I will have my team create an eclectic visit for you. We love ya!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Zaza made me feel like I was at home. The rooms stray away from the typical hotel furnishings, instead offering plush comforters, damask print headboards and drapery, unique artwork, and old Hollywood glam-inspired sofas. Although I was here on business I would definitely love to come back for pleasure. The dim lighting throughout the floors, tealight candle on the nighstand, and adjustable lighting in your room really makes for a great romantic space.

Spacious and clean rooms, comfortable bed, pleasant front desk staff, and courteous room service. Will definitely return!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Kstansb2003!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Z is definitely a great place for a romantic getaway. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team create an eclectic experience for you! We love ya!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you're looking for a trendy hotel with a great location then Hotel Zaza would be a good choice. Unfortunately, sometimes trendy does not go well with quality or service in my experience. However, despite being trendy, Hotel Zaza's service and quality was quite good. I didn't think the quality was on par with say a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton but you likely won't be disappointed.

We were upgraded to a Bungalow(thank you Zaza) and found the space to be interesting and quite comfortable. The Bungalows are small apartments down the street from the hotel. I certainly recommend staying in one of them if you want more privacy and less noise.

One of the only issues started with the Dragonfly, which is the bar and restaurant for the hotel. The main bar looks decent, but I was unimpressed with the area where the dancing takes place in an outside tent area. A DJ is perched on a small stage with a laptop played forgettable music to a mostly middle age and unhip crowd. To make matters worse, there was a large screen behind the DJ playing runway events with models. A weak attempt to be cool that was a possibly a good idea more than 10 years ago.

My last issue or complaint is with the hotel lobby itself, which was unimpressive. First, the lobby feels small and unfinished. There was some art and a few professional pictures of celebrities, which some may or may not like. I thought it was a bad attempt to be cool and makes the designers and hotel look vapid.

In summary, Hotel Zaza is a nice, trendy hotel. The service and quality is good. Just skip Dragonfly and go to another happening club/bar in Dallas and ignore the lobby until it's finished.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow if you want peace & quiet. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
deprivation!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in one of ZaZa's new bungalows! The new spaces are just some of the many gems of the Z!

In regards to the decor of ZaZa, the hotel is in the process of being revamped! There is a lot of exciting new additions in the ZaZa world. The Austin location will be open before you know it! We love ya!
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had an excellent experience during a 60 day stay at Hotel Zaza Dallas. All aspects of the hotel and personnel provided me with superior service and quality care in a very friendly atmosphere...I can't wait to return....dhr

Room Tip: away from elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
DHR254!

Thank you for the awesome feedback regarding your stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you had a phenomenal 60-day visit with us! Great customer service is what we are all about at ZaZa.

Let the Z team know when you are ready to immerse yourself in the world of ZaZa once more, as the brightest of lights will shine upon your next arrival! We love ya!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!