“Dallas Hot Spot Still!!!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2332 Leonard St, Dallas, TX 75201 (Oak Lawn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Tustin, California, United States
“Dallas Hot Spot Still!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have to go to Dallas twice a year for work. I have been to the bar many times, but this was my first time staying there. I love the fact that it is small and a boutique hotel. The staff was top notch. They did everything right. The only reason I gave it a four star is construction noise. It started at 7am sharp. I believe it was for there new house/ manor behind the hotel. If they have control over it start at 8am. I will now stay here every time I'm in Dallas. Where else can you say that you had drinks with Michael Irving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
ScubaOn!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful first stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! In regards to the construction work, I will touch base with the Z team regarding the time the renovating commences.

Come on back soon for another delightful experience at the Dragonfly Restaurant & Hotel ZaZa! We love ya!

614 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I always stay at the Zaza when I'm in Dallas - love the convenient location for my client meetings and my favorite cigar store is right around he corner. As I checked out from my last visit, the hotel computers were down and I was not able to receive a bill - I was on my way back to Europe and didn't have time to follow-up on the check-out or the accuracy of the charges. I want to recognize Kristina Madsen for going above and beyond with her service of getting me the information and following up with me once I landed in Paris to ensure I was satisfied - that type of attitude will keep me coming back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Scott from NYC!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay at Hotel ZaZa a couple of months ago! I will definitely recognize Kristina for her superb service to you!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed with spouse while on business in Dallas.
Everything was arranged in advance for us. .We arrived on time however the room was not ready so we had to wait. We desperately needed a cold drink but the bar was uninviting,crowded and noisy.
Room was just OK.Spa was average.Front desk unacceptably unfriendly and indifferent
My overall impression is that the hotel is an attraction for a younger crowd that likes to party and has not experienced or does not care for quality service.
Will NOT recoment.Will NOT go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
imskaribas,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa. I apologize that your visit at the hotel was less than satisfactory; such an underwhelming experience is not the Z standard! We obviously dropped the ball! A ZaZa front office manager has reached out to you to gather more details concerning your experience. Please touch base with my assistant, Courtney, at CGabriel@hotelzaza.com when you have an opportunity as I would love to receive more information regarding your visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My partner and I had a weekend getaway last week in Dallas and choose to stay in the trendy uptown area. Zaza seemed to have it all, a great bar, a great pool, an amazing resturant and a really fun evening DJ. We were greated by an amazing employee named Gee who went out of his way to make us feel really special. It didnt end there, Lyndsie at Dragonfly took great care of us also with amazing customer service !! I would highly recomend anyone looking to stay in Dallas stay at Hotel Zaza !!!

AlanM2013!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am happy to read that you and your partner had a delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Z is known for its fantastic Poolside scene.

In regards to service, I will definitely commend Gee & Lyndsie for providing excellent hospitality to you!

Come on back soon to Hotel ZaZa & the Dragonfly for another eclectic experience! We love ya!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at ZaZa. We live in the DFW area and decided to spend it

Exceptional service and all the finishing touches delivered in a hip atmosphere. Ultimate luxury without the stuffiness.

Room Tip: We booked the Bohemian Suite--very specious and eclectic
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
amygq!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to read that you and your husband had an awesome 10-year anniversary celebration at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Z is a great place to spend any special occasion.

Come back soon for another almost mystical, sometimes memorable experience at ZaZa! The ZaSpa is the perfect oasis for anyone looking for a much needed respite. We love ya!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I can't believe I didn't write this review earlier. My girlfriends and I rented 4 suites here for my bachelorette party weekend and I have been here for several other parties, since then. This is an awesome location if you are here to party, especially on the weekends. Easy to walk to other bars/restaurants or just cab it. Dragonfly is a great restaurant. You cannot beat the service here - they do everything in their power to accommodate you. The rooms are large and very clean and each suite (that we rented) had a different theme. The only major bummer is the pool. For the size of the property, it is WAY too small, although the outdoor bar is great. We came down to the pool early to grab seats and all of the 10 lounge chairs were already taken. It was so insanely crowded that we had to sit on the pool ledge with my group of about 20 girls... kind of ridiculous for how much you are paying for a room, but it is a fun scene if you are there to party.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Erin B!

Thank you for the feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a great time at Hotel ZaZa with your friends for your bachelorette party! The Z is a great place to celebrate any special occasion.

In regards to the ZaZa Poolside, I apologize for the crowded scene! The area is one of ZaZa's popular hot spots.

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
tyler texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I wanted a romantic evening for a 27th wedding anniversary. Needed to leave early the next day so I preferred some place where there were things to do at the hotel. I had a great meal at the Dragonfly with exceptional service. Never left the hotel grounds for the evening. The desk staff made note on my checkin when I bragged about my reason for being at the hotel and surprised us with some complimentary amenities. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and watching the crowd grow around the pool on a Friday night. I will recommend this to others and hope to have another excuse to stay very soon.

Room Tip: Medusa Suite patio had a great view of the pool at night. The pool is a popular place for the young...
bill f!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that your 27th Wedding Anniversary was spent ZaZa style! Above all, I am happy you had a wonderful time celebrating your special day at the Z. The ZaZa Poolside is a nice place to people watch!

Dive back into ZaZa soon and experience another eclectic visit! We love ya!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!