“Perfect For Bachelorette Parties!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Breakfast/Valet/Cocktails
Ranked #2 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect For Bachelorette Parties!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I can't believe I didn't write this review earlier. My girlfriends and I rented 4 suites here for my bachelorette party weekend and I have been here for several other parties, since then. This is an awesome location if you are here to party, especially on the weekends. Easy to walk to other bars/restaurants or just cab it. Dragonfly is a great restaurant. You cannot beat the service here - they do everything in their power to accommodate you. The rooms are large and very clean and each suite (that we rented) had a different theme. The only major bummer is the pool. For the size of the property, it is WAY too small, although the outdoor bar is great. We came down to the pool early to grab seats and all of the 10 lounge chairs were already taken. It was so insanely crowded that we had to sit on the pool ledge with my group of about 20 girls... kind of ridiculous for how much you are paying for a room, but it is a fun scene if you are there to party.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Erin B!

Thank you for the feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a great time at Hotel ZaZa with your friends for your bachelorette party! The Z is a great place to celebrate any special occasion.

In regards to the ZaZa Poolside, I apologize for the crowded scene! The area is one of ZaZa's popular hot spots.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
tyler texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I wanted a romantic evening for a 27th wedding anniversary. Needed to leave early the next day so I preferred some place where there were things to do at the hotel. I had a great meal at the Dragonfly with exceptional service. Never left the hotel grounds for the evening. The desk staff made note on my checkin when I bragged about my reason for being at the hotel and surprised us with some complimentary amenities. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and watching the crowd grow around the pool on a Friday night. I will recommend this to others and hope to have another excuse to stay very soon.

Room Tip: Medusa Suite patio had a great view of the pool at night. The pool is a popular place for the young...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bill f!

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to read that your 27th Wedding Anniversary was spent ZaZa style! Above all, I am happy you had a wonderful time celebrating your special day at the Z. The ZaZa Poolside is a nice place to people watch!

Dive back into ZaZa soon and experience another eclectic visit! We love ya!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Zaza for my five market trips each year and for any additional play trips in between. The friendliness and eagerness of the staff to take care of me keeps me from going anywhere else. While the comfy beds, spacious rooms and other quirks of the hotel are so attractive, it's the little things the staff does - from Scott the concierge who greets me with a hug and asks about my family and how my business is doing to Keith who is willing to run me over to market or drive me to dinner, they win me over and over each time with their impeccable service. This has made me a Zaza customer for life.

• Stayed May 2013
Sthrnfoodie!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased to read that you receive impeccable service at each of your visits at Hotel ZaZa! The team at ZaZa understands how important the little touches are. I will make sure Scott & Keith are commended for a job well done!

Touch base when you are ready to return to the Z, as the hotel staff would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed at the ZaZa during a lawyers convention in May 2013. It is a very cool and hip place, from the Hot Tamale candies at check in, to the James Bond movie playing on the lobby wall. Christina Madsen at the front desk is beautiful, friendly and helpful. All in all, best hotel experience I have ever had in Dallas

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Parker B from NYC!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! We know how much the little touches matter. I am glad you found your check-in experience FUN! I will make certain that Christina is commended for a job well done.

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa! We love ya!
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

For context, I am from NYC and I am professional in my 30s. I have traveled a bit internationally. I enjoy staying in really nice hotels that are comfortable but not stuffy.

I stayed at Hotel Zaza during the Memorial Day weekend. Initially, I was undecided between Hotel Palomar, W and Hotel Zaza.

Hotel Zaza is a very unique and special boutique hotel. The decor is extremely cool and classy. It reminds me of old hollywood glamour with a bit of quirkiness scattered throughout the hotel. I simply love the decor.

Arrival

I stayed in the basic room which I booked through Expedia. I asked for two beds and was disappointed to learn that the notes that I provided to Expedia when I booked were not transferred to the hotel. That is a bit annoying because the same care that is taken to ensure that the funds for the payment of the hotel room is transferred to the hotel should also be taken to ensure that special requests are transferred to the hotel as well. Upon arrival, I asked for a room with a terrace but they were all booked for the weekend. I am glad that was the case because the rooms with terrace face the pool area where loud music plays until 2am in the morning. I imagine that could be disruptive if you are hoping to get to bed at a decent time on any day.

Room

The basic room was nice and generally spacious. The bed and the pillows are extremely comfortable. The room comes with a mini bar that has everything that you need.

Gym and Spa

I didn't use the gym but it appears to be nice and clean. However, I did take advantage of the spa. I had a hot stone massage and pedicure. The staff was nice but the front desk was a little disorganized. The spa was running an anniversary special - buy one service and get the second service for $10.00. Both services had to be done on the same day. This is a great deal, however, the spa could not accommodate same day services. As a result, it was difficult to take advantage of the offer. Because the Spa could not accommodate the restrictions that *they* had placed, I think they should have exercised a bit more flexibility with booking the services on different days. In addition, they asked me to come 15 minutes earlier for my appointment. This request was fine but then they were running 20 minutes late and while I was waiting there, they didn't ask me to change into my robe. When I finally got situated my services felt rushed and a bit unorganized. I also think they need to expand the the spa area. The waiting room was too cramped and its awkward to sit in such cramped facilities with your robe on. Overall the experience was okay. Not bad but there is room for improvement.

Hotel Service

The service at the hotel is phenomenal. The concierge and the doormen are extremely attentive and friendly. The decor and the service are hands down the best part of the hotel.

Pool Facilities

The MAJOR downer is the pool. The pool is a decent size - but a bit on the small size for the hotel. What I did not know was that the pool in this hotel is the "hot spot" for the college crowd in the neighborhood. I discovered this when I returned from shopping and wanted nothing more than to spend some time in the pool. I was flabbergasted to see that the pool was overcrowded with college kids, draped all over the pool ordering bottles of champagne. When I asked the waitress if there was anyway that she could find me a space, I was told that each of the tables were reserved (no one told me that a reservation was required when I checked in). My biggest problem with this is that 98% of the crowd was not staying at the hotel and it's completely awful . . . maybe even disrespectful that those who are paying to stay in the hotel cannot take advantage of the facility because the limited space is overrun by people who are not staying at the hotel. This was my experience the entire weekend. The hotel is definitely not cheap and as a guest my expectation is that I should be able to use the facilities in exchange for the money that I am paying to stay there.

I chose this hotel because it seemed pretty cool and I was looking forward to spending some time in the pool. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to spend any time in the pool and I am extremely disappointed.

While the hotel is beautiful and the service is phenomenal, the situation at the pool is a major major turn off and in some ways cheapens the atmosphere and the experiences. I would love to stay here in the future but as a result of the pool fiasco, as I think ahead, I am tempted to try the W or Hotel Palomar. Upon my arrival, I could not wait to share this lovely jewel with my friends and co-workers but unfortunately, I cant recommend it in good conscious because the pool situation is out of control. I hope that management will consider rectifying it as soon as possible. Except for the pool situation, this hotel is perfect!

Room Tip: Do not book a room over the pool area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
integrity1913,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a creative and classy hospitality establishment!

In regards to your spa and poolside visit, I apologize for the less than stellar experience!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya!
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

On a business trip to Dallas and thought I'd try something different. ZaZa was a pleasant surprise. Great room, good food, good service, and very different from the ordinary. Adam at the front desk was particularly helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
doug356!

Thank you for the great review! I am happy you had a pleasant stay at ZaZa last month! We are definitely not a cookie-cutter hotel.

I will make sure Adam is commended for his superb service to you. Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Hope Island, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this by a local we met while in New Orleans
So glad we stayed ... Although it was only 1 night it was still great
Rooms are so funcky, comfy and clean.
All staff were pleasant
Bar and pool area awesome

Highly recommended - love this concept!

Thanks for a great stay guys !!

• Stayed May 2013
Brett from Hope Island!

Thank you for the awesome feedback. First of all, I am pleased to read that ZaZa was recommended to you and now you recommend ZaZa to others! LOVE IT! We are all about being almost mystical, sometimes whimsical, and always memorable! I am glad you enjoyed your visit.

Whenever your travels return you to the Big D, please touch base! We love ya!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!