“cool place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Houston
“cool place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice place to stay with some very interesting rooms. The staff is very nice and happy to help. The price is a little on the high side but I guess for a special occasion it is worth it. The Sunday brunch is very good and if you go in the summer you can watch the "beautiful people" hanging out at the pool right outside the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the "Theme Rooms" available in the hotel. They are fun!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
WhatsamataU!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! The Sunday Brunch is DIVINE! I am glad you enjoyed the Dragonfly's delish food.

Come on back soon to experience one of Hotel ZaZa's Concept or Magnificent Seven Suites! We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Checked in, loved the decor and ambience. Went to the pool at 4pm... was told to leave by 5pm "for a private party". This was on a lovely sunny day when sitting by the pool for another two hours was planned. Went to the room.. no hot water in the shower, just tepid. Spoke to the manager on duty and they kindly sent up a voucher and champagne/fruit. I was feeling very pro-ZaZa for the great customer service (and really efficient local transportation) until getting back to the hotel and hearing music/party by the pool at 10.30pm. On calling down to the front desk, I was informed the party would go on until 2am. If I'd be told this at the time of reserving a room it would be acceptable - after the fact is not. If this is a weekend party destination it should be clear at the time of booking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jane T from ATX,

Thank you for the review. First off, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel. In regards to the Poolside music, I sincerely apologize for the disturbance to your rest. I will have a word with my team regarding guest experience immediately! Unacceptable. I would love the opportunity to provide you with a signature ZaZa experience! Please touch base with me when your travels return you to the Big D, and I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets for you!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed at Hotel ZaZa last weekend with friends attending the NCAA tournament games. The entire staff was friendly and professional. Concierge Josh Goad was incredible, from setting up limo service to the games, his suggestions of places to go as well as transportation around Dallas.
Cannot wait to go back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
523TomK!

Thank you for the great review! I am happy your stay at Hotel ZaZa last month was a thoroughly pleasant experience! I will make a point to commend Josh for his superstar service to you.

Z-scape back to ZaZa soon for another eclectic visit! We love ya!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Za Za Dallas for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. The rooms are amazing the atmosphere is cool and hip and the staff is wonderful! I'll look forward to my next trip to Dallas if I'm booked at Hotel Za Za

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
IBTSDOSM!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed your visit at Hotel ZaZa Dallas. Please touch base when your travels return you to the Big D, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed here several times now and have always had a great experience. The rooms are lovely - even the lowest priced ones. I haven't stayed in the suites, but have had the chance to go in a couple - AMAZING!!! My most recent stay I had a balcony overlooking the pool. The balcony was a nice size with a comfortable outdoor couch and big table. There is an extra door to the balcony to screen out noise - and it works! When you do want it open, you can hear the sound of the fountains that stream into the pool. The rooms are large and comfortable. I love the decor - it's modern but not sparse - it feels unique and special compared to the big chain hotels. I could see really having a vacation or a getaway there too.

The bathrooms are big too. The toiletries are really nice and they supply cotton balls and q tips - such a small thing, but when you want to cut down on packing. . . every little bit helps - ha! The hair dryers in the rooms are really nice - they work well.
The food from room service and in the restaurant is really good! There's a decent selection and some healthy choices. (My Caesar salad did have a LOT of dressing on it, but that's probably okay with some people who like a lot of dressing. . . I would just specify on the side or light next time).

It's also close to so many restaurants - you could even walk.

The valet is QUICK and everyone there has been so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pinkcashmere75!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am pleased you had a wonderful time at Hotel ZaZa Dallas. We definitely want our guests to feel at home when they stay with us!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a weekend at ZaZa and had an incredible experience. Everything about this hotel is first class. Staff, cleanliness, food at the Dragonfly, rooms, spa, service.....everything was perfect! Although this was our first visit, it certainly will not be our last. We've already made reservations for another weekend getaway in May and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We were fortunate enough to be upgraded into one of the Magnificent 7 Suites, but did see other room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Steve F!

Thank you for your kind words regarding your ZaZa visit! I am pleased "everything was perfect" with your experience at the hotel! The Z team looks forward to your return in May; we'll have the reddest of red carpets rolled out upon your arrival!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I planned a very special evening in Dallas for a close friend and the Hotel ZaZa was a large part of that evening. After booking the Medusa Concept suite, I wanted some additional help and information as I am not familiar with the area at all. There is an outstanding staff at the hotel but I have to really speak specifically of Josh Goad, the best hotel concierge I have ever worked with. From helping me with in room dining options, to pictures of the suite, helping me secure round trip transportation from the hotel to an event in town, always friendly and kind no matter how many questions I asked or what information I needed, he even answered a few things for me during his time off. Josh was beyond helpful, friendly, professional and everything a concierge should be. The Hotel ZaZa is very lucky to have him. Unfortunately I was unable to stay at the hotel because my "friend" cancelled at the last minute and once again Josh and the staff at the hotel could not have been any kinder and treated me with the utmost respect and tenderness while having to cancel some very specific details, arrangements and the room itself. I wish I could have had the ZaZa experience and more importantly I wish I could have had the chance to meet Josh in person to thank him for his professionalism, knowledge, help and his extreme kindness. If you are looking to stay at the Hotel ZaZa and need anything, go straight to Josh, he will exceed your expectations and make things happen. Thanks again to Josh and the staff that treated me so very well while booking, planning and also during the painful experience of having to cancel. Top notch all the way. As a side note to Josh if he sees this, once again thank you for everything. There are no more words to tell you how appreciative I am for all that you did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly A!

WOW! Thank you for the awesome review. I will definitely commend Josh for the excellent service he provided to you! When your travels return you to the Big D, please touch base! I would love to create a spectacular signature ZaZa experience for you! We love ya!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!