“NOT IMPRESSED” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 188 hotels in Dallas
San Antonio, Texas
“NOT IMPRESSED”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's a bummer that this hotel did not live up to all the reviews posted online. I was very excited about going to this hotel, but it was pretty disappointing. I got a good deal for the hotel, so I decided to book it. The staff was not very good at all. Additionally, I couldn't even get into the spa. They simply told me they are booked for the weekend. I was a little shocked that they could not accomodate me. Even though the hotel stay was not very good, I do have to admit that the Dragonfly was fun at night, and they had a pretty good breakfast in the morning.

Unfortunately, I will not be returning to Zaza......

I really wanted to like this place, though....

Room Tip: For some reason, they gave me the room for people in wheelchairs and it was a nightmare taking a sho...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
LolaGlass,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at Hotel ZaZa Dallas. First off, thank you for the great comments about the Dragonfly! The restaurant definitely has a fantastic nightlife scene & scrumptious breakfast meals to enjoy.

In regards to your experience with the staff, I apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received. Such service is definitely not the standard at ZaZa!

As for the ZaSpa, the appointment books fill up rather quickly on the weekends. I certainly would like for you to experience the oasis for yourself! Please touch base with me when you have an opportunity, as I would like to gather more information regarding your visit at the hotel.

587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

wow, great great service, its about 3 personel per 1 guest, very upscale hotel, geared toward the "younger" 20-30 yr old crowd but we didnt feel unwelcomed (being in our 40's), rooms were incredibly huge, we didnt get a "themed" room but it was very nice ! would definately stay again, a bit pricey but worth it if you love luxury.

Room Tip: try to get high floor cause they have a dj on weekends and closer rooms to lobby you can hear the dj...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MGPHAAS from Tucson!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you found ZaZa to be a superb hospitality establishment! We pride ourselves on providing guests with an almost mystical, always memorable experience.

Check out one of our themed Concept Suites at your next ZaZa visit and prepare to be bedazzled! We love ya!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I went to hotel Zaza last year and it was amazing. I loved it! I stayed at the rock and roll suite, and it was probably one the highlights of my year. I went with my mom, dad, and sister. My sister and I shared a room. We both had beds and we had lots of room. There was a full kitchen, a full living room, a full dinning room, two bathrooms, a washer and a dryer, a balcony, HUGE closets, and two really nice bedrooms! The beds were so amazing it was like sleeping on a cloud! There were TVs in almost all of the rooms and they had really cool chocolate coins on the dinning room table. The atmosphere was so cool! In everyroom there was at least two or three pictures of the rock and roll legends! They had really awsome rock and roll things. And I know that this isn't super important but their shampoo was amazing for my hair, it wasn't like most hotels were their products are cheap and don't make you feel clean. The room was so cool that I didn't even make it to the pool! They have a nice bar, spa, and gym! The staff there are SO nice and helpful! The room was so clean it was super nice! They must have an amazing cleaning crew! I had so much fun and can't wait to go again. Plus a bunch of famous people stay at the hotel so you could be staying right next door to someone famous and not even know it! When I went my family and I got to see a few unoccupied rooms and they were amazingly designed! I really can't describe how amazing the rooms are. And for every room there door had some cool thing to go with the theme on it. The only down side I would say about it though is probably the price. It is really expensive but you can find really good deals for the rooms! I think that it was worth the price! It was probably one of the most cool places I have been to in my life, so I recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it! It is totally worth it!

• Stayed June 2012
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Katy W!

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I am pleased to read that you had the "best hotel experience ever" with your family at Hotel ZaZa. The guest rooms are definitely eclectic!

Come back soon for another z-mazing getaway and indulge in a delightful afternoon at the Za pool! We love ya at ZaZa!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Even if you have heard the positive reviews on this hotel, you must visit for yourself! I have traveled all over the country and stayed in many 4-diamond hotels.... but from the minute you walk in the attention you receive is worth the extra expense you might debate when choosing your hotel. It is as if each employee has a vested interest in your comfort and satisfaction. We dined in the restaurant and had room service as well... no complaints. Wait - one complaint.... we had to leave to go home! We will be back and look forward to one of the best hotels in the country... did I mention how good the Spa is? AWESOME!!

Stayed March 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
William W!

WOW! Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Hotel ZaZa! Guest satisfaction is a top priority at the Za; I am glad you enjoyed your meals from Dragonfly and room service! In regards to ZaSpa, I am happy you find the oasis GOOD!

Touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I would love to create a signature experience for you! We love ya!
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at Zaza dozens of times over the years and overall it is one of my favorite properties in Dallas. The rooms are extremely nice and each one is a little bit different. If you can, upgrade to any of the different suites for a fun experience. There is a good looking crowd at the pool and bar and the atmosphere is very nice with the exception of an occasional meat-head.

I often take my large dogs (one at a time) when I stay at Zaza and they are welcome - they are American Pitbull Terriers so it is not always the case. Usually the staff at the desk offers them treats when we arrive. I think they like the hotel as much as we do!

I will say that some of the staff can be on the snooty side. Zaza is eccentric and with that come some extremely strange rules. They aren't a fan of cameras being around, you can't wear open toed shoes AT THE POOL after a certian hour that really isn't that late, etc. They do not flex on their rules a single inch, ever. I appreciate keeping a certain clientele, but sometimes it goes a little far.

This is not a hotel I would reccomend taking children to - there are nude/soft-erotic art pictures in much of the hotel, the pool and outdoor areas get quite loud at night with DJs and other music, and this is where the rich younger people come to party. I mean, where else can you rent a stripper pole for your room in this city?

Zaza is also in a great location, has a good shuttle service, an amazing spa, and very good food.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have balconies, but it gets very loud at night. There are soundproof door...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Norm G!

Thank you for the review! I am pleased to read that Hotel ZaZa is one of your favorite hotels in the Big D! I love that your pets enjoy ZaZa as well!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to the Za, as I would love to create a signature experience for you!
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights over Valentines. Pros: Beautiful lobby. Rooms are spacious. Staff is very accommodating. Prime location in Uptown. Now for the Cons: hotel is a little noisy. You can tell a lot of people come to stay and party. Not unbearable though. We decided one night to stay in the room and order room service for dinner. The food really was not that good.

Overall the hotel is a great value for the price: We got a deal on Expedia for less than $250 a night. I have read other reviews and if you are looking for a quiet romantic getaway in a uptown I would suggest staying at the Ritz or another upscale hotel. But for me the pros out way the cons at hotel ZaZa.

Room Tip: Ghent the highest floor possible. I would stay away from the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
nevels2000,

Thank you for the detailed feedback! I am pleased that you and your wife had a pleasant two-night stay at Hotel ZaZa over Valentine's Day! I am also glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel!

In regards to the meal you received from room service, I sincerely apologize if it was not to your liking. Please touch base with me at your earliest convenience, as I would like to gather more information concerning your experience at the hotel.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in the Medusa suite and received terrific service in terms of professionalism, courtesy, and promptness everywhere we went, be it the front desk, maintainance, or the Dragonfly Restaurant and Bar. The latter is a trendy Dallas meeting place for drinks on weekends, especially during the summer, when the place becomes a crowded poolside party. The Dragonfly also serves up great meals as well.
Our room was around 600 sq ft with Versace themed decor,spotless and comfortable, but for the price, the WiFi was erratic and we should not have had to call maintainance to bring up a DVD player, an amenity that should be a given for an expensive suite like this. The bed was more than comfortable but the bathroom, while beautifully decorated, was very small and the web page said it had a "dual vanity sink," which it didn't.
In all a good stay at the most chic hotel in Dallas with a great location, great service, good restaurant, but for value there's room for improvement here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MrVegasAAAA!

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I am pleased that you received fantastic service during your visit at Hotel ZaZa! In regards to the Dragonfly, thank you for the kind words! I am glad you find the food delish!

As for the WiFi issue, I do apologize! The Z team will make certain that such an incident does not arise again in the future.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!