“Hotel with personality. Staff is good, but can be a bit snooty.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast/Valet/Cocktails
Ranked #2 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Dallas, TX
“Hotel with personality. Staff is good, but can be a bit snooty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at Zaza dozens of times over the years and overall it is one of my favorite properties in Dallas. The rooms are extremely nice and each one is a little bit different. If you can, upgrade to any of the different suites for a fun experience. There is a good looking crowd at the pool and bar and the atmosphere is very nice with the exception of an occasional meat-head.

I often take my large dogs (one at a time) when I stay at Zaza and they are welcome - they are American Pitbull Terriers so it is not always the case. Usually the staff at the desk offers them treats when we arrive. I think they like the hotel as much as we do!

I will say that some of the staff can be on the snooty side. Zaza is eccentric and with that come some extremely strange rules. They aren't a fan of cameras being around, you can't wear open toed shoes AT THE POOL after a certian hour that really isn't that late, etc. They do not flex on their rules a single inch, ever. I appreciate keeping a certain clientele, but sometimes it goes a little far.

This is not a hotel I would reccomend taking children to - there are nude/soft-erotic art pictures in much of the hotel, the pool and outdoor areas get quite loud at night with DJs and other music, and this is where the rich younger people come to party. I mean, where else can you rent a stripper pole for your room in this city?

Zaza is also in a great location, has a good shuttle service, an amazing spa, and very good food.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have balconies, but it gets very loud at night. There are soundproof door...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Norm G!

Thank you for the review! I am pleased to read that Hotel ZaZa is one of your favorite hotels in the Big D! I love that your pets enjoy ZaZa as well!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to the Za, as I would love to create a signature experience for you!

583 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights over Valentines. Pros: Beautiful lobby. Rooms are spacious. Staff is very accommodating. Prime location in Uptown. Now for the Cons: hotel is a little noisy. You can tell a lot of people come to stay and party. Not unbearable though. We decided one night to stay in the room and order room service for dinner. The food really was not that good.

Overall the hotel is a great value for the price: We got a deal on Expedia for less than $250 a night. I have read other reviews and if you are looking for a quiet romantic getaway in a uptown I would suggest staying at the Ritz or another upscale hotel. But for me the pros out way the cons at hotel ZaZa.

Room Tip: Ghent the highest floor possible. I would stay away from the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
nevels2000,

Thank you for the detailed feedback! I am pleased that you and your wife had a pleasant two-night stay at Hotel ZaZa over Valentine's Day! I am also glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel!

In regards to the meal you received from room service, I sincerely apologize if it was not to your liking. Please touch base with me at your earliest convenience, as I would like to gather more information concerning your experience at the hotel.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in the Medusa suite and received terrific service in terms of professionalism, courtesy, and promptness everywhere we went, be it the front desk, maintainance, or the Dragonfly Restaurant and Bar. The latter is a trendy Dallas meeting place for drinks on weekends, especially during the summer, when the place becomes a crowded poolside party. The Dragonfly also serves up great meals as well.
Our room was around 600 sq ft with Versace themed decor,spotless and comfortable, but for the price, the WiFi was erratic and we should not have had to call maintainance to bring up a DVD player, an amenity that should be a given for an expensive suite like this. The bed was more than comfortable but the bathroom, while beautifully decorated, was very small and the web page said it had a "dual vanity sink," which it didn't.
In all a good stay at the most chic hotel in Dallas with a great location, great service, good restaurant, but for value there's room for improvement here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MrVegasAAAA!

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I am pleased that you received fantastic service during your visit at Hotel ZaZa! In regards to the Dragonfly, thank you for the kind words! I am glad you find the food delish!

As for the WiFi issue, I do apologize! The Z team will make certain that such an incident does not arise again in the future.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to create a signature ZaZa experience for you!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a lovely older hotel with wonderful individualized decor. They offer friendly and accommodating staff who made me feel as if I were a part of their close-knit family. There was an artisan cheese plate waiting for me upon check-in which was very timely! I enjoyed an in-room dinner and breakfast in the dining room ... both were exceptional. The location is excellent; I was able to easily enjoy the amenities downtown and uptown. My business was in Irving and the access to the the expressway was very simple. I highly recommend this boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Take advantage of a quick visit to Zaza's website to see the different decor of rooms and suites...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Terry K!

Thank you for the superb review! I am happy you had a fantastic stay at Hotel ZaZa! The Z team is all about providing wonderful hospitality to all guests. As for the location, there is so much to see and do in the Uptown area! I am glad you enjoyed your visit.

Z-scape back to ZaZa soon! We love ya!
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Wanted a romantic NYE with my bf, and booked online. Our room was so disappointing. Overpriced for an outdated and poorly decorated room. Not romantic at all. Our view was the valet. We must have been next to the gym, because we were woke up extremely early to stomping and slamming noises. I called to complain, and was not even so much as offered an apology. This was my 3rd stay at ZaZa, and to be honest I will not go back. Way nicer rooms and more courteous staff at hotels like the Joule, Nylo, and Aloft.

Room Tip: Stay Away unless you book one of the themed suites, and even then you are overpaying.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ADC23,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit at Hotel ZaZa. I sincerely apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay. In regards to the reaction of the Z member, such service is definitely not the ZaZa standard and will be investigated accordingly. Please touch base with me at your earliest convenience, as I would like to gather more information concerning your experience at the hotel.
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our recent anniversary in the "Dangerous Beauty" Suite. We were upgraded from a balcony room. The suite was 1300 square feet and was beautifully furnished with eclectic art and chandeliers. It is part of the "magnificent seven" and plays to the themed concept of the hotel. It was pretty quiet and secluded in our portion of the hotel but in reality this hotel is unapologetic for its provocative and boisterous ways. It's location is prime, right in the mix of everything off of McKinney Ave. in uptown. This hotel is not for everyone. It can get loud, especially on the weekends, and especially in a balcony room overlooking the pool area. But, knowing that, enjoy the wonderful rooms and amenities this boutique hotel delivers. This is a great "adult" hotel! I wouldn't bring my children here for a family friendly dallas weekend but its the perfect staycation for me and my husband. ZaZa is pure fun!!

• Stayed March 2013
Lena62197!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am pleased that you and your husband's anniversary was spent in luxury accommodations at Hotel ZaZa! The "Dangerous Beauty" Suite is a lovely room; I am happy you both were upgraded to one of the Mag Sevens! The perfect staycation INDEED!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nothing says outstanding like good, old fashioned service given with a smile and given quickly. My wife and I visited Dallas (her first time) for a working-type vacation with the emphasis on vacation. We drove up, gave the keys to the car to the attendant, asked them to bring our bags up and we checked in and went to the bar. Had excellent drinks, talked with the manager for a bit and then headed up to our room where we found our bags neatly arranged.

A few minutes later we are settling in and my wife hears a "plop, plop" sound. I look up and there is water dripping from the ceiling. Turns out the people upstairs had a shower/tub "accident" and spilled a considerable amount of water. Quick call to the front desk and in less than a minute a neatly dressed maintenance man was at our door, inspected the situation, and informed us of the circumstances upstairs which they had already brought under control. I can only imagine the faces of the couple above us as the clean-up crew swarmed in! Well, we were offered a different suite, but as the water was minimal I declined. Ten minutes later a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, gifts from management, were at our door.

The rest of our stay got even better. I cannot say enough about this hotel and will conclude that I wish I could live there the rest of my life.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
S B!

WOW! Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you and your wife had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! I am also glad that you received excellent service in regards to the water leak; the Z team is definitely a superb group.

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!