“Fun Girl's Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Fun Girl's Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My BFF and I stayed at ZaZa this past weekend. Although we had plans to fry our skin at the pool all weekend, the weather had other plans so we spent most of the day at Northpark. Ha. This was our first experience at ZaZa and we weren't disappointed. The staff was ultra friendly and our room was beautiful. Despite booking our room at a discounted rate on Gilt, we received a room with a great view. The bed was so comfortable - I did not want to get out of it. Surprisingly, the room service menu was not overpriced and the spa treatments were not overpriced either and the mini bar was affordable.

Just a few notes - this hotel does have a party atmosphere. It is well insulated so we didn't hear a lot of noise - in fact, what woke us up (twice) was security issuing warnings to the room across from us. We never heard a peep out of that particular room so I am not sure what the deal was. I did appreciate, though, that security was quick to take care of "problem" rooms. My only real issue with the hotel was the bathroom. I am a total bathroom snob - considering the decor of the room and the reputation of the hotel, I really thought the bathroom needed a significant upgrade. Our room had a teeny, tiny tub - I am five feet, two inches and 100 pounds - the tub was too small for me. Most people would not use a tub like that - why not take the tubs out and instead, install a glassed in shower? This also gets rid of the nasty shower curtain.

We do plan to return again so we can take full advantage of the hotel's amenities. I would not pay full price for a room at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
BConder, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
We love the Okies! Thanks for making the trip from Norman and sorry the weather did not cooperate. Happy you were able to occupy your time at Northpark!!! Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to your return trip down I-35!

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at the hotel zaza about a week or so ago, our stay there was beyond real it was like we left the world and was on another planet, our room was great and the bed was so soft and cozy that i had a hard time getting out of it, the room service was o.k, its better going down to there restruant and eat. The pool on saturday nite was awsome there were pretty ladys all over the place, The staff was by far the best part of the stay, everyone was happy, pleasent and very very helpfull everyone from the front desk lady that sent us up everything we requested, down to the maintance guy that repaired my a/c, Thanks kameil and Marv great job guys! To the owners and Managers of ZAZA we Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
We love the moniker, "best hotel in Texas"! Woo hoo! Thanks for the shout out to both Kamille and Marvin! We will recognize them both for going above and beyond! We look forward to your return - an on a Saturday night by the pool, as well!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is wonderful, a fantastic experience. It is beautiful boutique hotel with great service and wonderful ambience. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BConder, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thanks for the kind words! We love "wonderful" and "fantastic"! Most importantly we love the fact you will be recommending to all of your friends! The highest praise, indeed!

Thanks again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Hotel ZaZa is definitely an experience! Friendly staff, great location, and the most comfortable bed ever! The room service was reasonable and good. This isn't a family friendly hotel but it is perfect for a girls trip, or a get-away. It's within walking distance of excellent restaurants and with a rental car easily accessible to everything. I highly recommend this over the top, ZaZa ZOOM TRULY TEXAS experience!

The bar is definitely cool, hip, a fun "SCENE" on the weekends but Fearing's at the Ritz, Truluck and several other places are within walking distance (even in heels) for a calmer crowd.

Room Tip: for a quiet relaxing experience- no balcony overlooking pool; for a view of the scene, get a room ov...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Za Za-licious! WOW! Love it! I like the fact you "get" us! Location, service, and a great bed! We love to be friendly to the families but you are correct in that we are perfect for the girls trip or a romantic get-away!

Thanks for the "highly recommend" comment as well!

All the best!

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is a 5-star hotel that has theme rooms. The rooms are design by theme like the far east, Austin powers, rock star, ect. The rooms are very roomy compared to most hotels. Most rooms have a balcony for smokers. Every room comes with bath robs to walk around with in the morning which we seen people wear for morning coffee and smoking. The pool is small but gets pack with 40 to 50 people so come early or reserve a table by buying a bottle. The Bar at the pool is great with 3 bartenders easy on the eyes that take bar and food orders. The service was great at the front desk. One example is that I got up at 5am to workout and free coffee on each floor does not come to 6am. The night manager went and got me coffee on a silver planter. We also were checked in at the front desk less than a minute and greeted at the front door. For work out freaks there is a gold's gym an half block away that you can use with your hotel key or just use the hotel gym for a mild workout. I needed to work out due to the fact that the food at the dragonfly(hotel restaurant) was out of this world. Great cooks and wait staff every night. The dragonfly manager name is chaz. He made our dining experience rememberable. I notice he helped out two guest with problems and throw in free beach balls into the pool. The hotel attracts couples and singles from 25 to 50 yrs old. We didn't see one kid at the hotel but its pet friendly and notice two people with small dogs. The hotel has two vehicle that will take you anywhere with in 5 miles. There is bar and restaurant area that is a block away that has a free trolley that goes up and down the street. The gingerbread house has about 70 beers on tap. This hotel is in a rich area of dallas with no crime. So walking around the hotel is safe. There is also a running trail a block from the hotel for runners. I hope this helps you in picking a hotel. If you choose this hotel you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms but book early if you want a certain theme room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Wisconsin Gorilla! Super review and thorough too! You did not miss a detail! Love it! Our owner is an excellent chap that prides his hotels on the details...from the ball drop at the pool to a memorable dining experience, he leaves no detail undone! Thanks for noticing and more importantly, thanks for the kind words!

Thanks again!

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

They switched our pre paid room. They "forgot" to deliver pieces of our luggage. The ugly bellman asked me out while I was alone in the room - CREEPY - and they double billed me for everything! (charged me for 6 drinks when we had 3, for valet for 4 cars when we had 2).

Room Tip: Confirm your roomy type in writing because they will try to bait and switch.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for the kind words but more importantly I am concerned with your overall experience. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can rectify the issue you encountered with billing. I am most concerned.

Again, thanks for the feedback and I await your call.

713.526.1991
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I Guess I don't get it. or maybe at 50 I am just getting old. the rooms were nice . the staff was nice. nothing overwhelming. just had a feeling I was paying about 50 percent too much. our theme suite wasn't as much eclectic as it was kookie. still I kind of liked it and maybe would go back if I had a good deal.

• Stayed May 2011
BConder, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thanks for the review! I apologize if we did not wow you with our ZaZa experience. It may not be that you did not get it but we may not have got you. Please give us another try. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance in making your reservation and ensuring that we get you this go 'round!

All the best,

Managing Director

Been to Hotel ZaZa Dallas? Share your experiences!