“You make 'Family Time' bearable!” 4 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13402 Noel Rd., Dallas, TX 75240   |
Ranked #41 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Houston
“You make 'Family Time' bearable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Having previously lived in Dallas, the Galleria area isn't exactly an area I would have chosen to stay. However, this was a belated Mothers Day get together and the area was close to my brothers place, as well as being easy to navigate to for my mother.
Check-in was efficient, courteous and helpful. I had booked two rooms but the gentleman was not able to find them next to each other, as a matter of fact they were on the exact opposite side of the hotel from each other. Thank you for that!! (did I mention the other room was for my mother?? I kid, I kid, but seriously, could you put her on a different floor please??)
The rooms are nice and spacious with room to entertain guests if need be. The flat screen lcd can be extended out and positioned to face the sitting area or the sleeping area.
The mini fridge in the room does work, don't let them tell you different. It seems they are in the process of setting them up for minibar service and probably do not want people getting to comfortable with them being empty.
However, the one complaint I have about the rooms is that one of them had black marks all over the walls. This is something I noticed in the hall ways as well. It's as if someone went through with luggage carts chipping off the plaster on the corners, and marking up the rest. In both cases house keeping should have made some sort of an attempt to clean and cover up. The decor is bright and modern, and it's a shame to let these things detract from that. On the same note, they have these modern looking hanging lights next to the bed. It's a set of three and one was broken with a bulb out in another. Again, these small details might give the impression that they are over looking other things as well.
In the lobby there is a very nice bar/meeting place for you and your guests to enjoy a drink. It's nice that its out in the open and not hidden away, and by how many people were constantly there, it seems they agree.
Nothing leisurely about the pool though. Unfortunately, it's an indoor pool and when I went to check it out I was very disappointed. I could hear the screams of small children and when I opened the door I couldn't hear myself think. All of this was cause by two small children and an adult. For this reason I can not recommend this hotel if you are looking forward to relaxing poolside.
Overall this is a great hotel if you need a place in the area and are not looking at it as being a romantic weekend getaway or anything. A business trip or family get together/meeting place better suit this hotel.
Thanks again Le Meridien, I survived yet another family event!
p.s. the hotel is already a great deal, but using priceline will make it a steal!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Pros- Good food; we chose to eat in the bar area, as did most people.
- Slept like logs; tho we were on a lower floor we did not hear any disturbances.
- Hip Decor
- Close to SHOPPING; right next to the Galleria.
- Centrally located; Jct 635-dallas north tollway.
- Large room, large bathroom, big TV
- Staff was accomodating and presented well.

Cons- Our first single room was on the second floor.. the furthest from the elevator and the phone didn't work. I adv. the staff that we had booked a double. We were moved fairly quickly tho we had to wait for a room to be prepaired .. at 9 pm. The second room was as we ordered tho in need of attention to the carpet,the scuffs on the walls, and the coffee maker . I chalked all of this up to the fact I had received a cut-rate on the room so they gave me a cut-rate room.
- Valet Parking is presented as mandatory for $20 per night. Room rate made this bearable.

Caveat- Coffee maker not working was OK because we ordered room service anyway.

• Stayed May 2010
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

One of the primary reasons for choosing this hotel was that it allowed pets to stay for no fee and we were very familiar with the name with our stays in Europe. We managed to get a superb deal on the rooms for two nights so this chance couldn't be passed up. Location was excellent for our needs. North Dallas is perfectly situated just down the road from Addison (which is home to restaraunt row, Belt Drive) and only about 10-15 mins from downtown Dallas. If you're significant other is into the finer things in life there is the Galleria directly across the street from the hotel and about 8 mins down the highway is North Park Center with both malls home to many big name designer stores. The hotel itself was great. Upon driving up to the main entrance we were greeted by the valet staff who provided the whole treatment and were very professional in handling of our car/luggage. The main lobby is large and spacious with up to date contempary decor. Front counter staff were quick and polite in readying a room for us prior to the 3 PM check-in time. Room itself was one of the largest I've stayed in for a 4 or 5 Star hotel with couch, lounge chair, 42" flat panel tv, bar style counter and matching stools all carrying the same theme as the main lobby. Overall I'd recommend it, look around and as suggested by other reviews look for third party booking agents to save a few $$$.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I must have just arrived in a cranky mood the last time I stayed here, because this time everything was great. My room was so spacious and hip, I felt like i was in a one-bedroom bachelorette pad. Everyone was very helpful, friendly, and professional - from the bell staff to the front desk to the restaurant. I spent hours at the huge Galleria mall directly across the street. And my room was quiet -- i slept like a log. Meanwhile, it's about half the price you would pay for all of this elsewhere. So i'm now a fan.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

This was our first trip to Dallas. I booked the Meridien through Priceline and got a great deal! Unfortunately, we didn't find the location very convenient. There doesn't seem to be a bus or train station near the hotel, and the shuttle only services a 3 mile radius. We had to take cabs most places.
Very nice looking hotel, decor is super trendy and modern. Looks like they spent most of their money in the common areas, but the rooms were still spacious and the beds comfy. Although I had experience a few frustrating phone calls prior to the stay, service for the most part was cordial. The valets and shuttle drivers were by far the most hospitable staff members. Kip and Stevan really stood out (if you need a sedan service, Stevan can make a great recommendation).
Overall my husband and I were pleased with our stay at Le Meridien. However, we both agreed that "regular price" would have been too much to pay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
sholcomb, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria, responded to this review, May 13, 2010
Hello MissPrecious:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review; it is helpful to us as we continue to expand the service experience for each guest.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and location of the hotel, though I do understand that you had some difficulties with making your dinner reservations on time due to transportation, and had some service issues… I extend my apologies to you for these inconveniences; we have presented your experience to our staff in order to correct this for future guests. I am very happy to hear that you experienced super service with Stevan and the bar, as we strive to deliver service like this consistently. If you would like to contact me for anything, you can do so at sales@lemeridiendallasnorth.com, I would be glad to speak with you. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future at Le Meridien, and I wish you safe travels!

Steve Holcomb
General Mrg.
Fort Meade, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Room was pretty nice. Air conditioning was kind of loud, but it didn't keep me up at night so it was no big deal. It might be a problem for a light sleeper, though. My hubby loved the 42'' TV. My main observation with this hotel was the service. There were some staff that went above and beyond, but others seemed like they were at the end of their shift and just ready to get out of there. I do want to give a special thank you to the valet gentleman who drove us to our restaurant almost 15 minutes away after the woman at the front desk forgot to call us a taxi like she said the would. Normally, that kind of mistake wouldn't really bother me, but on several occasions I observed this lady flirting with another employee and I feel like we would have made our reservation on time if her mind wasn't elsewhere... Anyway, I don't know the valet's name, but he's a black gentleman in his 50's and he was working at 9pm on the night of Saturday, April 10th. Anyway, the proximity to the galleria mall was great, the bartender was awesome, and the room was spacious and comfortable. I'll consider this place when I visit Dallas again next month.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Waco, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. It's located directly across the street from the Galleria, and was no more than 20 minutes from all the different activities we planned for the weekend. Location: A

The hotel itself looked very new, fresh and clean with a modern decore. We stayed on the 9th floor and our room was spacious, with a nice view of the surrounding city. The beds were comfy, the floorplan open, the decore nice and new, and there was a large 42" flat panel TV mounted to the wall that swiveled out to accomodate just about any location in the room. Hotel & Room Condition: A

Service for the most part was pretty standard. The front desk was friendly and did their jobs well. Nothing above and beyond, but still good. The valets were friendly and fast. Service: B

Parking was not ideal. They only offer valet parking. No self park. This tacks on an additional $20/per day + taxes + tips. As mentioned above, the valets were friendly and fast, but if this is mandatory, just include it in the room rate. The way they have it makes it feel a bit deceptive. Parking: D

We were gone most of the day doing various activities. Each afternoon when we got back we found that housekeeping had not arrived yet. For whatever reason (the hotel was far from full), their schedule had them stopping by around 4-5pm, which was inconvenient. Once there, they did a very thorough job. Housekeeping: C

The room comes with complimentary wifi. Service was very spotty. 50% of the time it didn't work at all. Another 40% of the time it was incredibly slow. The last 10% it worked adequately, but still not very fast. Connectivity: D

Overall, I think the pluses (hotel condition, room, decore, cost) far outweigh the minuses (valet cost, hotel schedule, wifi), and I would still recommend this hotel. Good hotel in a great location for a great price. Hotel Rating: B

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
sholcomb, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
Bonjour Surge_of_Power:

We are happy to hear that your overall experience at Le Meridien Dallas North was a good one! Thank you for all your comments concerning location, hotel condition, service, parking, housekeeping and internet. We have distributed these to all department heads, as it helps us to continually improve our service. I do apologize for the parts of your stay that were disappointing, and hope that when you are again in the Dallas area and in need of accomodations, that you will come and stay with us and allow us another opportunity to deliver the Le Meridien experience and discovery. Feel free to contact me at sales@lemeridiendallasnorth if you have any further thoughts!

Warm wishes,
Steve Holcomb
General Mgr.

Been to Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria? Share your experiences!