“Meet Top Chef Tiffany Derry!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hall St
Transit: The McKinney Avenue Trolley stops at the front door. The Cityplace Dart Rail station is 1/2 mile away.
Dallas, Texas
“Meet Top Chef Tiffany Derry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went to Private Social because I am a big Top Chef fan and have always loved watching Tiffany Derry compete. Well, low and behold she was there when I got in! She was just a bright and bubbly as she is on tv and it was a really cool experience :)

The food was AWESOME! We had the fried green tomatoes (yum!) for an appetizer and bbq pork rolls. For an entree I had scallops with creamed corn and my date had halibut with fried rice. We ended up switching entrees half way through the meal and enjoyed every bite. Finally, we had the lemon blueberry cake and the banana pudding for dessert.

The banana pudding was THE BEST I have ever had. It had walnuts, nilla wafers, pudding, and caramelized bananas in it. It was just the right size and texture.

At the end of the evening my date and I both commented that we ate 3 courses and felt extremely satisfied- a much more pleasant feeling than "stuffed."

I would definitely recommend going. The decor is nice, valet is only $5, and you just may meet Top Chef Tiffany Derry!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“OU/TX Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great service. Good place to go for a special occasion with friends and/or family (wouldn't recommend for children). Loved the "surf and turf" roll and the scallops entree.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Average-But, Happy Hour was Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great service I would recommed the dumplings, the "surf and turf" roll was not for us but, the half price wine before seven was nice. I was a little disappointed the singer was not there but, was still listed on their calendar.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Addison, Texas
“My surprise birthday experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My 51st birthday Oct. 6 was delightful!!!!!! My husband surprised me with dinner at Private Social. I met chief Tiffany at the Treasure You retreat hosted by Pat Smith the week before. I shared with my husband how fantastic the food was and how passionate Tiffany was about food. My soulmate found a way to treat me to this exquisite restaurant. I love the element of surprise with the appetizer. The fried green tomatoes were mouthwatering and the best I have ever tasted. The Halibut was cooked to perfection. With this being a very busy restaurant the service was attentive and efficient. What a friendly environment. Cheif Tiffany even blessed us with her presence and he famous banana pudding for dessert. This was an end to a perfect birthday celebration. We will be visiting this restaurant over and over again! I can't wait.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Delightful Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Private Social is where I celebrated my birthday and my (5) five year anniversary as a Breast Cancer Survivor. It was positively a WONDERFUL dining event. We were greeted warmly by the staff upon entering the restaurant. Our server, Jessica, was FANTASTIC. We started off with (2) appetizers, the Fried Green Tomatoes and the Oysters Rockefeller and both appetizers were AWESOME. I selected for my main entree the Duck Fat Fried Chicken, which was a half chicken fried, of course, in duck fat and fried to perfection. Talk about DELICIOUS, Colonel Sanders might want to rethink his recipe. We also had a chance to sample the crispy fried pig ears and yes they were good. (Don't knock it till you try it.) The dessert of the Blue Almond Cake with Blueberries and Blueberry Sorbet was MARVELOUS. All in all, it was a DELIGHTFUL evening. My hat's off to Chef Tiffany Derry. BRAVO!

• Visited September 2012