“A Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“A Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had booked a room with 2 Queen beds for two nights for two reasons: the TripAdvisor reviews and a phenomenal rate found by searching the interwebs (FW).

We were in town for a wedding and brought our 3 year old and 5 month old. There is a microwave in the room, which was great for heating up bottles, and a fridge helped keep them cold. The beds were nice. The bathroom was nice. The room looked very clean when we entered. The only odd thing about the room was the location of the desk and chair. They were directly in front of one of the beds, which made it difficult to pass through that location since the chair stuck out too far. This was a minor quibble solved by moving the chair to the corner by the night stand.

The location is fantastic, just a 5 - 10 minute drive to get downtown, and most of it is highway. The closest restaurants (that I remember) were Taco Bell and Schlotzky's, and there might have been a Burger King. Those were the easiest to get to, at least.

The pool is outside, which has the typical downside of attracting bugs and foliage. My son and I went to swim around 11:00, and the pool was locked, even though the sign said they were open at 10. I contacted the front desk and they had someone open it right away. The pool towels are also located at the front desk, by the way. There are lounge chairs and a few tables with umbrellas to keep the Texas sun from turning you into toast. There is also a hot tub, but when we arrived there were 5 roaches (or whatever the bug is, pretty large) in the hot tube. Luckily a couple of young kids through the bugs out. We didn't get in anyway.

There was a "business center" which consisted of one computer and a printer. This was very helpful for printing our boarding passes. There were several conference rooms and what looked like a nice exercise room, but we didn't touch those.

The staff was pleasant and helpful, although we had very little interaction with them. The continental breakfast was typical, with DIY waffles, fruit, cereals, etc...

I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting the Dallas area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
Fort Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Booked my room with points *cash. The Lobby smelled wonderful, looked modern.
The young lady at the front desk was very professional and polite. My room was wonderful. Jr. King Suite. Plenty of room, updated with comfortable modern furniture. The pillow top king size bed was a dream. I had fallen asleep after checking in. It was so quite and comfortable. The hotel has a beautiful pool with hot tube. Built in bose speakers in pool area for music. The lobby has snacks/drinks/salads. In the morning a nice breakfast. I was really impressed. I enjoyed my stay and can't wait to come back. The only thing that inconvenienced me was lack of parking. All the spots were taken. I did mange to find 1 spot. But other then that, 2 thumbs up. GREAT PLACE

Room Tip: JR.Suite was awesome
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed one night on our way through Dallas on a road trip. It was a very nice place. The rooms were spacious with a modern feel and plenty of deal and counter space. The room had a fridge without a freezer and a microwave. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was ok, pretty standard. They have a room service type menu with very limited options, but reasonable prices. The food was ok. It was nice not to have to go out after a long day of driving.

I had a couple of issues. First,There was quite a bit of highway noise in our room, which made it hard to fall asleep. Our room was on the front of the hotel. They were training a staff member when I arrived to check in and it took a long time to get checked in because the trainer was busy chatting with another employee initially instead of helping the new guy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was small, bathroom was very small,. The room did not have a clean look nor was I comfortable in the room. The wall were a little thin but since i had a 8 hour flight is didn't disturb my sleep. The view was on a high traffic area, in fact the hotel is located in a high traffic area.The staff was helpful. The morning breakfast was very good and displayed very nicely. It looked like the outside was being renovated but i'm not sure. Not much of a place to walk the pets, but still thankful to see my little ones awaiting my arrival :) I would probably not stay here again ...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Karachi, Pakistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had read Trip Advisor reviews before selecting this place for stay for my family trip to Dallas. At the back of my mind was the niggling doubt the reviews were too good to be true and it would be a let down. Surprise, surprise the place was perfect, the staff great. Rooms were reasonably large, clean, well kept and new. Beds were good. Air conditioning worked well. The views were not great but then if you're coming to Dallas for great scenic views then you are in the wrong city. The bathroom was perfect. The breakfast was included as a standard and was good (though a change in menu every second day would have been great). The pool is fun. The Gym was adequate. The Laundry is perfect for longer stays. Wifi free & worked well. Parking was free. After the 24 hour travel to get to Dallas, La Quinta Lovefield was a breath of fresh air - Easy on check-in, quick, helpful staff and this was the same on check out. No hidden charges. Located well to & from downtown assuming you have a car. My family and I (total 4) stayed for 11 days from 27 May to 7 June and our view was consistent across our stay. Most importantly the staff was helpful, positive, smiled and responded whether it was the day team or the late shift. Not sure about the other La Quinta's but Lovefield Dallas team you have the perfect recipe and my business - guaranteed.......thank you for giving such a good start to our vacation.

Room Tip: Higher floors any room facing the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff was totally awesome! They truly showed care and concern for me and my bff. The room was good. Beds and pillows were not too bad but not as comfy compared to other locations. The room and building appeared to be in clean/good condition. The parking lot had adequate lighting at night and all entrances and exits were secure. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field? Share your experiences!