“NEW and NICE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Clyde, Texas
“NEW and NICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My hotel experience depends largely on certain amenities PLUS a clean, updated, calming environment. Also, I'm big on the visual presentation- snobby or not, a nice clean white comforter just makes me feel better than a 1970's brown on brown patterned comforter. I don't need grand, just some nice clean lines and maybe a soothing color palette.

This La Quinta was PERFECT in those regards. The rooms surprised me with how pretty they were! I just appreciated the simplicity and up-to-date style. And I really don't have anything negative to report. It was only about 18 months old when we stayed there. We spent $95 per night. The pool/hot tub was very nice- next time I go when it's warmer I will definitely take advantage of the half-submerged stone lounges in the pool! The complimentary breakfast was AWESOME. It included juice, coffee, fruit, cereal, waffles, cream cheese pastries, sausage, eggs, etc. The fitness room was also good for us. Small but had a few good machines and a bench and free weights- which my husband appreciated.

Overall it was a great experience, and we will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
RR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I came to Dallas from New Mexico for a funeral and I was under the impression that this hotel was near Love Field but it was much further than a simple walk. La Quinta picked me up and brought me back to go home the next day. The room was very clean and modern. I liked the placement of the flat screen television. The continental breakfast had a variety of items to choose from. I had a very nice experience there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here last summer for 4 nights July 25-29th 2012. When I take the family on a vacation the most important thing about the hotel must be the pool and the continental breakfast. The hotel was very nice and so was the room. The continental breakfast was also very good.

The only problem we had was the pool was out of order the whole time. Since the pool is a major item on the list for the kids it was a big deal for us not to have a pool for them. We were not told about this when we checked in; it was not until after that we noticed the pool was out of service. The front desk told us that the pool will be working later that evening or by the next morning. Well we were told the same thing day after day until it was time to check out. I told the manager that it was frustrating because of the fact that if I would have not been told the pool would be open soon that I would have checked out and got another hotel somewhere else. We were very hopeful and kept waiting patiently for the pool to open. Well I had a long conversation with the manager at checkout time and he did give me a free night’s stay for the inconvenience.

The staff was very nice and I am sure they were hopeful that the pool was going to back up but it was a disappointment to the kids. This is a very nice hotel that I would stay at again and recommend.

Recommendation:
Call before you stay and ask if the pool is open.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JCSam12, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We greatly appreciate your time for letting us know about your experience with us. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused due to the pool being closed during your stay. We had a pump failure and we have upgraded it and fixed it. Now it's up and running. We promise to deliver and we will deliver the best at all times.
General Manager.
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a great hotel! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is ok, but it is free! Our room was clean and quiet. The gym has all brand new equipment, and bottled water. The location was very convenient. The price was amazing! Such a great value! If we ever return to Dallas, this is defiantly where we will stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamestown, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Our room was very nice and not that expensive. It was very clean and modern. Great place to stay. The shuttle pick up from Dallas Love Field was very fast. I will stay here the next time I need to fly into Dallas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Extremely helpful staff and support team for a meeting I had on site recently. Staff went out of their way to make sure that meeting went smoothly by being proactive in handling logistics, food orders, and arranging room tables and chairs. Very clean and up to date property and great proximity to Downtown Dallas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is the best value in Dallas. Clean ,comfortable, modern rooms,delicious breakfast buffet, exercise room,laundry, and the most helpful staff. You would think you were in a $250.00/ night facility. Our 2nd stay and will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Love Field? Share your experiences!