“Great place for pho in the heart of downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #812 of 3,105 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Ft Hood
“Great place for pho in the heart of downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A unique stop that offers a kitchen feel from the first step in. Quick reliable orders in the front will be the last service you receive. Great pho at a reasonable price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Odessa, Texas
“A cool, refreshing meal on a hot day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This restaurant is great! From the minute we walked in, we were greeted by a very friendly manager and treated to samples of their delicious lime/cucumber drink. SO good! We had the shrimp spring rolls, chicken pho, vietnamese salad and the grilled ribeye banh mi. Everything was very tasty and fresh. My son's favorite was the Taro tea. Cool atmosphere and very reasonable prices. We would eat here again in a heart beat.

Visited June 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Disapointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Me and a colleague wanted to try this place for lunch. When we walked in there it was so hot it felt like the A/C was not even on so we decided to sit on the patio. After ordering we receiving our food. I had ordered the egg rolls and the vietnamese rolls. As I am eating the vetnamese rolls and I found an animal hair inside on the roll.. Grosss I stopped eating the vietnamese roll and hoped to have a better experience with the egg roll pfffffff even worst. After the first bit I notice that the center was still pink and not cooked well enough. It was too much we left I didn't even felt like complaining we just left. The only good thing is the decoration. Bye

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“A Work in Progress, but well worth watching.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I don't work downtown, but a couple of times a week I pass through in mid-afternoon on my way home from a physical therapy session. From where I change buses I could see the Pho Colonial sign, and maybe two months ago I checked it out. Since then, it's been the only downtown restaurant I've eaten at. The staff are enthusiastic and friendly, and proud of how many items (like the paté) are made onsite. You should note, though, that as of this date (2/18/12) the menu that comes up when you click on their website is outdated; they've streamlined and simplified it, and some dishes I really enjoyed are no longer offered. I usually go for one of the banh mi sandwiches and a bowl of pho, and I like trying out the various Asian soft drinks and bubble teas (mango, taro, basil seed, etc.). Nice selection of beers as well, many of them advertised by the six-packs converted into mix-packs, holding the condiments on the inside tables. Broths are flavorful, add-ins (lemon and lime, cilantro, sprouts, etc.) are plentiful, and some of the ingredients (beef tendon) underused in other cuisines. I'll certainly come back to see how Pho Colonial evolves.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Excellent Vietnamese Food, Service Problems That Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Really great food and nice people, but the night we dined there their computer was "acting up" and, as a result, many orders did not get relayed to the kitchen, order numbers were mixed up, etc.

Visited January 2012