“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Mississippi
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a weekend trip to Dallas for a concert. We arrived late night/early morning on Saturday and the front desk staffer was excellent at speed of check in (I'm sure I looked tired) and explaining amenities of the hotel (locations, operation times, etc), and offering other suggestions for my stay. I was quickly on my way to my room which I must say was superb. The room was nice size and clean. It had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. I did not use the wifi high speed internet but it was included in the room for no additional charge. The bed was comfortable as well. The second night of my stay I was looking for a late night snack/dinner and the front desk staff was helpful in giving me suggestions on open restaurants and delivery/takeout options. In addition to all the above perks of this hotel, it is easy to find and you have easy access to the freeway. I had no problems with any part of my stay and the staff and room exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We aim to ensure that your stay is extraordinary. We look forward to your future stays and please let us know if we can be of any service for you and your family. Have a great week!

Blake Doran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Spent two nights here with spouse in conjunction with a friend's wedding.

Large jugs with water/lemons in the lobby on a table. Cups were sometimes available. Other guests seemed to leave their used cups lying on the table for lack of someplace immediately nearby to dispose of them (just carry them outside or to the front desk). Warm cookies provided in lobby at night, but not nearly enough for all guests. One platter and when they were gone that was it. Not a good idea when the hotel was filled with kids.

Check-in staff seemed a little uncomfortable with any process or request that isn't scripted. Had to ask for the package I had sent to the hotel as there was no indication in my folio it had arrived.

First non-smoking room we were given reeked of cig smoke. Changed to another room at the other end of hall and no smell.

Room was nice. Had fridge and microwave, desk/chair, couch and chair, end table, coffee table, but not a lot of lighting. No flat screen TV.

Closet shelf was low-for hanging dress it wasn't good as it nearly hung on the floor. Lots of pillows. Neutrogena amenities. Bed was comfortable.

Pool and spa area were popular with guests. Spa has sign reading "Do not use if temperature over 104F" and we didn't know if that meant outside air temperature or water temperature. At any rate, there was no way to know what the air or water temps were as there were no thermometers in the pool/spa area!

Fitness center very nice with plenty of towels.

Breakfast was included with my room. Selection was good. Service was spotty as FIFA World Cup games were on each morning and the waitstaff seemed far more interested in watching the game than serving customers. Several requests had to be repeated.

Business center was very good.

Location good for our purposes, but if you want to be within walking distance of anything this isn't a place for you. But, who walks in Dallas?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your response and comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback to help us improve our services and products for you and all future guests that stay with us. I apologize for the service issues you encountered and will personally address each one specifically to ensure they do not occur again. As for the temperature sign for the spa, by law it is required to have it posted in Dallas. Again, thank you for your comments and stay with us, I look forward to your next visit. Have a great day.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife and I had an outstanding stay at this hotel. The entire staff was willing to accommodate our every need while we were there. The breakfast was very yummy and very well priced for an all you can eat buffet. The bed was super comfy (can I buy one?). We will certainly be returning to this hotel in the future and recommend all of our friends to it!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your wonderful comments and let you know that we appreciate your business. Our team enjoyed being able to accomodate and provide exceptional service for you and your family. Regarding the Hilton Garden Inn Beds (GSS Beds) you can definetely purchase them. Please contact me direclty at your earliest convenience and I will assist you on where to go to purchase your new GSS bed. Again, thank you for being a loyal customer and the team and myself look forward to your next visit. Have a great day!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

My groups stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Market Center was Fabulous! Their staff was wonderful and exceeded all of our expectations. The service was outstanding! Next time we come to Dallas, we will definitelybe staying here again!

• Stayed June 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we appreciate your business. We cannot wait to see you back in the future and if there is ever anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask at anytime. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We stayed here over the 4th of July hoping to have a nice, relaxing hotel experience. The hotel was empty, but the clerk put us in a room next to some teenagers who were there to party! We moved rooms 4 times in the 2 nights we were there. The second room, the people next to us were smoking in a non-smoking room and up 1/2 the night partying. The next room had an ant infestation and the next room the A/C was not working properly and the carpets and bedding were damp from humidity. This is definitely a "hit or miss" hotel, with some nice rooms and some awful rooms. The breakfast is $11.95 per person and equivalent to the free continental breakfast you get at a Quality Inn off the Interstate! We paid $75.00 a night for this experience. I guess you get what you pay for. The guests were mostly younger people there to party. If you stay one night as a business traveler, I guess you could tolerate it. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments and feedback and I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you incurred during your July 4th visit to Dallas. We did have multiple music groups staying in the hotel that were performing at various locations in Dallas July 4th weekend and I apologize that they caused noise disturbances during your stay. As for the room changes, I apologize for the inconsistency and will address these issues internally. I look forward to seeing you back in the future and please let me know how we can be of any service in the future. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Syracuse, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Basic accomodations that were significantly cheaper than the Hilton Anatole; just a walk across the street.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Dear Biztravler31,

I want to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and selecting our hotel for your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your rate and cannot wait to see you in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Spent 1 night in this hotel while on a personal trip to Dallas. Certainly no quibbles re: the rate & no sign of the renovations mentioned by other reviewers, but apparently those renovations didn't include upgrading the bedding, which is a disappointment. This is also a substantially larger HGI than is normal-8 floors total vs. the 3-4 generally seen in this brand. Hotel's wireless internet in the rooms not the fastest, though the severe thunderstorms in the area the night of my stay probably didn't help or the off & on power outages. Considering how close the hotel is to the 35 freeway, I would have expected to hear freeway noise @ night, but not a peep. If I return to the area I will certainly consider this hotel again, but not if my stay extends more than 1-2 nights & that's because of the bedding situation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2010
Dear TXRUSS,

I want to thank you for your business and let you know that we appreicate your feedback. We are currently purchasing all new GSS Beds for every guest room to ensure that our guests have the most relaxing and comfortable night of sleep they can possibly have. We do hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future and experience the new HGI GSS beds. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Blake Doran

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center? Share your experiences!