“Good Location, Older hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #54 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
College Station, Texas
“Good Location, Older hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is next door to the Anatole (another Hilton property) and does not charge for parking (Anatole does). The hotel has all the standard HGI ammenities. Our room was on the 8th floor and had a lovely view of downtown Dallas. The room itself was very large with minimal furniture and seemed a little dark/dated. However, it was clean and comfortable and well-priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our property is moving forward with additional renovations this year that will give us fresh look. We hope you will be able to visit us soon to see our changes.
Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked the room for a buddy and myself through Expedia and selected King Size with Sleeper Sofa. My buddy, who didn't know the details of the booking, checked in first. When I showed up a couple hours later, I noticed that the sleeper sofa was missing. I called the front desk and in short, there was nothing they could do about it. Strike One. The first thing I did after calling the front desk was turn the AC all the way down because the room was a little stuffy. We left for the night and when we came back, the room was still sitting at about 77-80 degrees. So both of us were sharing this king size bed, sweating our butts off while we were trying to sleep. Of course, Again, the front desk wasn't rude about it but they asked that we wait it out. Strike Two. Two mornings in a row, I went downstairs and grabbed breakfast. The breakfast area had normal hotel normal breakfast items (cereal, bagels, a couple hot items). I picked up some cereal and brought it upstairs. Later that morning, my buddy went to eat breakfast and grabbed some cereal and 2 slices of crap bacon. He made the mistake of sitting down to eat. This was about 2 minutes before they were going to clear the breakfast area. someone from the hotel walked up and asked if he needed anything and then handed him a check for 15 dollars. Most people I know assume the hotel has a complimentary breakfast. If it was actually a nice breakfast buffet, I would have 2nd guessed it but the breakfast was definitely no impressive. Strike Three.

I have sworn off Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay at the Sheraton across the street instead.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
I wish to apologize for your stay at our property. We take great pride in delivering exceptional customer service, however, it appears we did not during your stay. I will be reviewing your comments with my staff to see how could have done a better job recovering from issue and find better ways to make all of our guest comforatble and happy. My sincerely apologizes.
Lafayette, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were going to conference at the Hilton Anatole accross Wycliff Street, but we opted to stay here because it was much more affordable. It was very comfortable, clean and the staff was pleasant. It was a very nice experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for letting know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during your visit to Dallas. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall, this hotel performed alright. That said, it was below average for a Hilton Garden Inn.

The lobby was very nice. It was one of the better lobbies of Hilton Garden Inn's that I have seen. The front desk staff are very nice and receptive.

The rooms were old. The building clearly shows it's age, and the carpet and other attributes need to be updated. My first room smelled very bad, possibly smoke. I asked to be changed to a different room. They accommodated, but my next room had no A/C. They sad their systems can only do one or the other - heat or A/C. They sent maintenance to switch the system in my room, then it worked fine.

When I stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, I expect either a clean, nice, and updated facility that is new, or has one that had been brought current. This location fell short of that expectation in terms of the room. It was on par with a rural hampton inn. The staff were all great, and somewhat made up for the stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am excited to let you know that the hotel is planning a guest room renovation in the near future. We hope you will consider our hotel next time your travels bring you back to Dallas.
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was there 2 days for an NCA cheer competition at dallas convention center. Great location, about 10 min from convention center. Was close enough to treat my daughters to first trip to galleria as well, and maybe block away from mid-evil times. Has free shuttle that will take you anywhere within 5mile radius. Nice to have if you want to avoid downtown traffic and parking fees.
Rooms were clean, and good size. Salt scrub was a nice touch in the bathroom. Water pressure in shower was perfect.

Only complaint was that we were told at check in that kids 12 and under were free at breakfast buffet (which is really nothing spectacular). Got bill and was told it was 7/under after they charged all my kids (age 8, 11,14) Not worth $12/person when my kids only ate bacon and oatmeal. Disappointed that staff gives faulty (and expensive) information.

• Stayed March 2013
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Have a great weekend!
Parker, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good location if doing business at the Dallas market. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Room was a little noisy at times as it faced the highway. Possibly those in the back of the property don't have the same problem. Breakfast with omlets cooked to order was very good - lots of options for a longer stay so you don't have to go into boring breakfast mode and eat the same thing every day! Free parking is a great perk in this area. Will definitely stay at this property again for the convenience to the market center. Windows could be a little cleaner as could elevators.

Room Tip: Something towards the back of the property - rooms at the front can be a little noisey due to highwa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey. We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to the Dallas area.
Have great week!
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here when going to a concert at the Americans Airline center. Easy location to get to right near the Hilton and the Doubletree Inn. The staff was very friendly at check in. They honored my preferences and even upgraded me to a larger room with a nice view of the city since I'm a HH gold member, however I didn't stay long in my room. The only thing I didn't like was that the carpet looked worned and was stained in the room. I was kind of disappointed with the breakfast as I've had better at Hampton Inns which I consider one step below HGI. However it was complementary due to my HH status so I can't complain. They had a shuttle to the AA center, however it did not bring you back. So I chose the option to just drive myself so I wouldn't have to worry about finding a cab. I would have been willing to pay extra for the shuttle to pick me up after the concert if that option was offers and I would assume others would as well. I definitely preferred this location if you are choosing between here and the Hilton. It's crazy that you have to pay for parking at the Hilton next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will select us next time your travels bring you back to Dallas.
Have agreat week!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center? Share your experiences!