“Good location, clean rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #46 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Orchard Park, New York
“Good location, clean rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Reluctantly booked this hotel for a business trip since my regular hotel was filled. I was pleasantly surprised by the Hilton Garden Inn. Rooms were clean, front desk staff very accommodating. They have a shuttle service which was a nice bonus. The breakfast was good, although dining staff not very pleasant. The "bar" closed at 9:30 pm on a Friday night with a room full of people, very strange!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreciate your imput and I will share it will our staff. We hope when your travels bring back to Dallas, that you will select us as your away from home.
Have a great week!

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is big, comfortable, and has all the bells and whistles you could want. Breakfast is $12.95, whether you custom order your eggs or have the buffet. Having said that I had some major issues starting with my reservation....then it went downhill from there. I made the reservation through AARP/Travelocity and was given a confirmation number. I called the hotel directly a few days beforehand to confirm my reservation, having requested a 1st floor room due to a walking disability (no wheelchair). When I called I was placed on hold for 10 minutes, then transferred to a national 800 # for reservations. I ended up speaking to someone in the Philippines, gave him all the information I could to confirm my reservation. After talking to him I ended the call, not knowing if I had a confirmed reservation. I called back to the Dallas hotel, and asked not to be transferred. I spoke to Ashley who confirmed my reservation. When we arrived at the hotel, the clerk (not Ashley) pulled up my reservation and assigned us a 4th floor room. She claimed she didn't have any special request noted, yet I showed her my printed receipt showing the request. I told her I needed something on the first floor because I can't walk distances. Then it was a let's get testy moment, "we have 2 rooms on the 1st floor and they are for the handicap, I can give you one". It was fine with me, and I knew the wife could go outside to smoke. No I'm sorry for the inconvenience, nothing, and I got the impression she was looking for someone to be in a wheelchair. That night the room was freezing, even when we tried to adjust the thermostat. Got up the next morning to take a shower and the whole shower head came off the wall track. Went to the front desk where they asked me if everything was OK, and I let them know about the heat and shower head. Within a 1/2 hour maintenance was in the room, pulling open the ceiling vent to turn the heat on and repairing the shower head. We were warm and toasty the rest of our stay. I understand that things can happen in a room, but what really irked me is this is a 250 plus room hotel and they only have 3 marked handicap parking spaces. 2 are located to the right of the main door, the 3rd is on the left side about 1/2 way down mid parking lot, not the most convenient. With or without a handicap placard or license plate, there is very limited parking for the handicap/disabled. Oh by the way, on our last night of our stay, the front desk called to check on us and ask if everything was OK. I ran down the list of problems that I encountered and said I was disappointed in the number of reserved parking spaces. Again no I'm sorry, or we'll look into it, nothing. Didn't even get a reduced bill or free breakfast out of it. After my experience, I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms 125-126 are designated handicap rooms and face the front parking lot. They are off the main l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our property has seven Handicap parking spots. Three in the front and four in the rear of the property. Our property is also compliant with all Hilton and Govertment ADA requirements to include pool lifts, guest rooms and hotel access. I would like to invite you back as my guest next time your travels bring you to our area, and allow us the opportunity to get it right.
Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our fourth stay on a weekend over the last two years at this newer hotel. The location is convenient to where we need to go in the Dallas area when visiting friends and family. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the rooms and baths we've had were clean and well-kept, i.e. up to normal Garden Inn standards of not-quite luxurious but quite adequate -- especially for the low rate we paid (under $90 a night). The hotel is a great value when the Market Center area isn't overflowing and demand is low.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next timeyour travels bring you to Dallas.
Happy Holidays!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed on a Saturday night after a holiday party downtown. Location isn't bad being only 3 miles from downtown and just across the street from the Hilton Anatole. Check-in process was smooth and I was given a room on a high floor which is my usual preference.

The rooms, at least mine, are in desperate need of some updates. Old grain wood everywhere - table, dresser, headboard, you name it. The furniture and carpet weren't much better either. I will say that the bed was comfortable and I had no trouble sleeping through the night.

Couple of "amenities" issues while there: couldn't get Internet access at all. No webpage for sign-in or anything. Very disappointing, though luckily it was only one night and not a full week's stay. The other thing was the iron. When I pulled it out from the closet, there was something loose in it, almost like crumbs in a near-empty container. I shook it several times and that was a bunch of black/brown stuff that came out. No idea what it was, but definitely not something you want to see.

Breakfast was your standard HGI fare, nothing more, nothing less. Upon checking out, I mentioned both issues to the front desk. They told me they'd had issues with the room before and getting a connection and someone would look into it. (If you know there's an issue, then why check people into the room??) I was also told housekeeping would check on the iron. Despite the HGI "100% satisfaction guarantee", I wasn't offered any type of compensation or even much of an apology.

Summary: At the $103 rate I paid for a weekend stay, considering the state of the rooms and issues encountered, even that is too high for this property. Would I stay here again? Probably not. There are too many other options in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us about your stay. We greatly appreciate your opinon. We are planning a 2013 renovation that will give us a fresher look. We hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you to Dallas.
Happy Holidays!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center in Nov 2012. We were part of a group attending a meeting at the Hilton Anatole which is next door, across the street. I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. This is off course not a luxury hotel but the staff was super helpful. The recognized me as a Hhonors member, checked me in early and were very helpful several times when I asked for directions, etc. Its not just the front desk, all the staff seem eager to help. Room was adequate. Heating was too high in the corridors and a bit too cold in the room which I adjusted. Hotel has a outdoor pool, a adequate gym and a small business center. Breakfast was hot and decent. Limited hours for room service. Overall a very good experience and I would stay here again. I was also impressed by the Hilton Anatole which had some very good art and was way better than your avg Hilton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time when your travels bring you back to Dallas. Happy Holidays!
Stephenville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Based on some previous reviews of this hotel, I wasn't sure what to expect. What did I find? Very courteous and service oriented staff, clean room, comfortable bed and a tasty breakfast buffet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taknig the time to let us how much you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that exceeded your expectations during your visit. We hope that you will select our property once again during your next visit to Dallas. Have a great holiday season!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this location for a trip to mthe state fair and the Texas/OU football game.The hotel was completely booked and at the time of my check in, the front desk was understaffed with one young man diligently working. Despite this, he recognized me as a Hilton Honors member and checked me in professionally, courteously and quickly. Overall, the hotel is very nice and clean and all staff members were excellent. I will definitely stay again on my next trip back to Dallas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ThysJones, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you when you come back to Dallas.
Have a great week!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Market Center? Share your experiences!