“Hated to leave” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Hated to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were in the area visiting family. Our stay was great, we stayed in the two bedroom suite. It was very comfortable for five people. The rooms were clean and we'll appointed. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We ate two breakfasts there, each were different and tasty. The breakfast staff kept everything clean and we'll stocked. They were super friendly, I highlight of the stay. We will make a point to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My family of 7 stayed in one of the 2-room suites and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff was very agreeable and helpful, going so far as printing out coloring pages for my kids without being asked and directions for our trip when we did ask. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I made the reservations a month in advanced to make sure we had a handicapped room. We went by twice before the date to make sure everything was OK. On the day of arrival they had given away the room. The hotel was clean and acceptable, but the situation was not. No one bothered to call us about the situation.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Margaret B,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel clean. Please accept my sincerest apologies for what happened with your reservations. It was truly unacceptable and I will be discussing it with my front desk staff to make sure it doesn't happen again. If you have any further concerns or comments you would like to discuss, I invite you to contact me at your convenience. I hope that you will offer us another opportunity to gain back your trust.

972-437-6966
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

During my shower in the morning, my room smoke detector started going off. at about 5:30 am. I do not smoke and I didn't have anything that created smoke. I got out of the shower as quickly as possible and put clothes on to check to see if hall emergency flashers were also going off. They were not, but my room smoke detector was still going off. I tried to contact the front desk 3 times and got no answer. Eventually my smoke detector stopped. After finishing my morning routine I did get someone at the front desk and explained what happened, they said maybe it was the steam from my shower. I am a regular traveler in Hilton brand hotels and have never had this happen. It also concerned me that if there had been a fire - why didn't the hall alarms go off. They did credit my bill for the night which I very much appreciated. I left because I felt this was definitely a safety issue.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Linda M,
Thank you for your review. We take our guests' personal safety very seriously, and appreciate you taking the time to notify us. Please accept my apologies for the issues with your room's smoke detector. The hall alarms are on a separate system to keep false alarms from triggering them unnecessarily. In the event of a real fire please be assured that the hall alarms would sound. I apologize that while this was happening you were unable to get a hold of our front desk. We were having ill timed phone issues, but those have since been resolved. I truly apologize if this caused you any undue stress or concern. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Dallas.

Fulshear, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My quadriplegic son, his caregiver, and I occupied a large suite. My son's mechanical lift worked perfectly with the sofa bed. Great accommodations! Great for special needs like ours! I couldn't have been more pleased!

Killeen, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were very disappointed to discover that the two bedroom room we had booked specifically at this hotel for had been given away to someone else! We were told that another guest had to extend their stay, and instead of giving them available rooms, they gave them our reservation! As the only parent on the trip, I spent the whole night jogging up and down two separate hallways to help the teens in the kids in the other room. The two rooms we were given were on opposite sides of the hotel. No excuses were made for this, and we should have refused and gone somewhere else. I spent a sleepless night as the kids called my room and had me up checking multiple times in the night. That was the whole point of a two bedroom! Never will I accept less than what we reserved again!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Susanna B,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the negative experience you had at our hotel. I'm truly sorry that we were unable to honor your original reservation. I have spoken with my staff to keep situations like this from occurring again in the future. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow the Homewood Suites Dallas Park Central a chance to make up for this and to earn back your business.

Houston,, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our family group, all in town for a wedding, used at least seven suites. The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate our large group particularly at breakfast. Even the grandchildren wee made to feel special.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Park Central? Share your experiences!