“If you are a person who values life you...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Orange Extended Stay Hotel

You added Orange Extended Stay Hotel to your Saves list
Orange Extended Stay Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10326 Finnell St, Dallas, TX 75220 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay Dallas)   |
Ranked #169 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
“If you are a person who values life you...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010 via mobile

If you are a person who values life you will pay a few extra dollars for a different hotel. Outside doors remain unlocked for anybody to walk in. First walked in to 2 homeless men in the lobby. 1st rooms tv didn't work, 2nd room key didn't work cuz it was a storage room... not a guest room, 3rd room was HOT and had no remote. I was not about to request yet another room. After going back twice I noticed a sign that read no refunds. Ha, I wonder why. The amenities are very worn, stains on sheets, bed has dip in center from being so old, fridge made loud sound do to fan, door had dents and appeared to have chain replaced from somebody kicking it in, the elevator looked like it had 2 bullet holes. Its next to what appears to be a bad bar if you know what I mean. I made the mistake of being stuck here, I travel all the time for work and in 3 years this is by far the worst I've ever seen. Make the smart choice and don't stay here.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

This is a ghetto hotel. I have not had sleep since the AC was not cooling at all and it is MAY. I slept in 100 degrees room with the AC on the coolest temperature and it was still 100 degrees.. I cannot describe in any words but to say that anyone who reads my experience learns from it. They do not even have a phone in the hotel room. They are saving money on providing accommodations for their customers. They do even have a remote for the TV. Can you believe how these guys treat their customers? READ THIS AND NEVER COME HERE AFTER YOU READ MY MESSAGE!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

Our room had what looked to be a blood stained lamp shade. The rooms are only cleaned once a week.
You must have a room key in order to open the door to enter the hotel. This door was un-securely left propped open by a trash can. I actually moved it to close the door as this is a safety issue. When I came back out to my car it was propped open again. I was to later discover as I was leaving that it was being left open by the hotel hooker. She was leaving it open for her men to access her room. We should have known what type of place this was after seeing condoms in the vending machine.

The hotel was very noisy. Someone was constantly stomping around above us. People would yell down the hallway and slam their room doors. Music was being played loudly from rooms. The hotel hallways and rooms reek of cigarettes and marijuana. We did not feel safe so we chose not to stay here. We did make a complaint to the manager who clearly knows what is going on but chooses to ignore it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
OUlover
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I want to start out by saying that when it comes to hotels that I am very lenient and can deal with either a decent hotel with bad customer service or great customer service and a decent hotel, but I can't deal with BOTH. This hotel offers both. For the memorial weekend, I was looking a inexpensive, but decent hotel to stay and when stumbled across the Extended Stay hotel, I thought to myself this can't be soo bad since people stay for long periods of time and the pictures look GREAT! Boy, was I wrong. My boyfriend called me when he first arrived to the hotel to discuss the quality/looks of the hotel and stated that we might want to look at someplace else. I brushed it off thinking he was being too picky. When I arrived, I felt like I came to a drug-infested motel! There were several windows open and people walking around like they had no sense. Going into the lobby, it looked decent but once I walked into the hallway, it was damp, smelly, and filthy. The rooms were spacious, but dirty, smelly, filthy, and poorly organized. My boyfriend told me that he laid in the bed for a minute and was bitten by something. After hearing that, I quickly booked another hotel and called the front desk 3 times to cancel my reservations. The phone rang and rang. I decided to go to the lobby and found the ONLY hotel agent sitting on the couch talking and laughing with a random stranger. I was totally appalled and upset and she explained that she never heard the phone ringing. I made up some lie to the hotel agent about deciding to stay with friends. She was very rude and unsympathetic and told me I would be charged for one night. I checked my account a few days later and found I had been charged 6 different times!! What a nightmare! Please save yourself the stress and find another hotel!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
College Station, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

I was looking for a place to stay for a month while I was getting certified to be a chiropractor. I called the hotel directly and their rates were competitive compared to the other hotels. I didn't want to spend three grand staying at the hilton for a month. Although it was hard to find, it was a huge room for a good rate. The staff was friendly and helped me find everything I needed in the area. Would stay again.

• Liked — Nice Rooms
  • Disliked — Traffic
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

I am a Technical consultant and travel quite a lot. As such, I have stayed at a number of different hotels, in different cities and states.

Initially, I chose this hotel to save money. The manager was able to offer me an excellent rate for an extended stay (few months_ and the rooms seemed fine on the internet.

When I arrived there, I was surprised to find that the exterior and lobby were very clean and nice. I had expected much worse for this price. However, my fears were proved right upon entering the room.

The furniture was old, the carpet had many large and ugly stains. The carpet itself was not cleaned and on the floor I spotted several ants crawling around. The bathroom was dirty and ugly. Far worse were the walls of the room. They were covered in small stains and dirt of different colors. Horrified, I told them that I was leaving. Its a good thing that I was able to find an available hotel nearby.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. While the price is fine, don't expect anything else. The rooms are cleaned only once a week and probably very badly.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

We were in Dallas attending a high school semi final game. Go Pflugville Panthers win state! Anyway, I needed a nice motel fairly close to Texas stadium that was big enough and cheap enough for three guys.

The motel was great for our purpose, but it a no-frills type of place. Advantages- large room, kitchen (full refridge, stove, microwave) , wireless internet, interior corridor, several entrances so your car is always near, VCR player in room, . Negatives- no continental breakfast, little to no bathroom amenities, shower was difficult to get the proper water temperature, needs more insulation around pipes/bathroom.

There were several youngsters in the hotel as well and many of them were hanging around the halls at night when we came in from our night out. We were ok with this because we were all in our 30s. I can imagine that others would be annoyed by this occurrence.

I'm normally not that light of a sleeper, but the noise coming from the pipes -irrespective of whether or not it's from your room- was practically unbearable in the morning hours. INSTALL MORE INSTALLATION IN THIS SUBURBAN MOTEL.

I will probably stay there again because of the large room, cheap costs, and location. Maybe they will do something about those pipes by then....

• Liked — Location, large rooms, near many restaurants
  • Disliked — need insulation around pipes
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Orange Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!