“Pretty Good...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Pretty Good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is not a new property and could use some updating. It was clean & quiet and I got a good night's rest. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Kitchenette was a plus! Breakfast was mediocre, but it was complimentary. I would stay here again for a short business trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DALRP, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant stay with us on how clean, quiet, and accomodating our hotel was during your stay. I will share your feedback with our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next short business trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The room seemed dingy and run down-- stains on the carpet, scratched/cracked/worn out chairs, deadbolt inoperable. Also, the outside door to the building was unlocked when I arrived at 1am, even though there was a sign indicating key card access was required. Overall, the hotel felt run down and I had safety concerns.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear AttorneyOnTheGo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We strive to provide an exceptional experience to all of our guests. Unfortunately, this was not the case with you and for that I personally apologize. We value every guest and their safety. The staff and I will review your comments and make necessary changes in our daily processes to prevent any further issues in these noted areas. Again, we appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for your experience with us. We hope that if in our area in the future, you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you an exceptional stay.

Charles - General Manager
Azle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

There was a mixup with my reservation and the evening desk clerk at first said there were no 2 bedroom suites available, when my reservation was for 3 of them. I explained that I really needed them as I was there with a group of 12 which included 9 special needs ladies. The clerk worked hard to find us rooms and apologized profusely that they couldn't all be in the same building. It's not a big place, so that wasn't a problem. The next thing that happened is the elevator in the 2nd building didn't work, which was a major issue for some of the ladies assigned to the third floor. Again the clerk worked hard to find another room, but there weren't any, so she gave us two one-bedroom suites for the same price as we would have paid for the other. There were issues with some keys as well, and the poor girl was running all over trying to accommodate us. I don't know her name, but she deserves a raise!
The place is showing some signs of wear, but the price is extremly reasonable for the size of suites, and the breakfast is fantastic.
Everyone we met from managers to cleaning staff to food service people friendly and courteous and treated our ladies like honored guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and kind words. I am so sorry there was a mixup with your reservation, but happy the front desk staff was able to accomodate you and your group. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Dallas.
PENFIELD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel was so nice...I wanted to stay another night. The room was great! It was like being home away from home with a refrig. and microwave and very nice kitchen area. The room was nice and large w/plenty of room to lounge and watch TV on the couch or chair. The bedroom was nice to w/ a queen sized bed that was really comfortable.
The brunch, which was free, the next morning was really good. The food was hot and plentiful w/plenty of choices. It was relaxing enjoying breakfast and a nice cup of coffee.

Room Tip: You can't get better for the price !!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DALRP, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we love to hear our guests have had a comfortable and relaxing stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind comments, and we hope to see you on your next visit.
Pie Town, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

It had been three years since I last stayed here, and I can say that nothing much has changed, except for the welcome removal of cigarette odors. I was in a non-smoking room last time but it sure smelled like a smoking room. It made me apprehensive of rebooking here but circumstances made this the most convenient choice. Happily, the hotel's evidently taken the steps necessary to deodorize the nonsmoking rooms, so that made my stay a lot more pleasant. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful and I had a restful couple of nights' stay. The construction in front messes up the traffic a bit but they've opened up the back gate entrance, which lets you come and go while avoiding the construction.

So, it's a basic Residence Inn, maybe a bit dated, but accommodating and it worked well for me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for letting us know that your stay with us this year was pleasant, and that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. We truly appreciate your review, and hope to see you on your next visit to Dallas.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was in Dallas for a conference for 4 nights and stayed at the Reisdence Inn Dallas Park Central. I really like the big rooms with separate bedroom, on-suite bathroom, full kitchen, well stock hot breakfast and snack time in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DALRP, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Park Central, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice comments about our spacious suites, and for recommending us to others. We truly appreciate you business and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Dallas. Sincerely, Carolyn Rockafellow, Sales Manager.
Abingdon, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from June 27 - June 29, 2013. We had just left the Nashville Airport Residence Inn which was a wonderful property. First of all, the hotel is located off of a main Dallas road that is consistently bottle-necked with traffic. You have to go through an underpass, that is full of construction, to even find the hotel. The person that checked us in was not the most friendly person. Our room was located at the back end of the hotel. We did not realize that we had to walk a good 2 - 3 minutes to get from the back of the hotel to the front in order to get a luggage cart. The hotel should have luggage carts available by the back entrance along with the front entrance. We had been traveling for a week and needed to do some laundry. Bad decision. The hotel has over 100 plus rooms and only (4) washers and (4) dryers available in two locations. There was a Volleyball tournament during our stay and the laundry rooms were in full swing with usage. The washers were working, but the dryers were horrible. We ended up having to dry our clothes through three cycles in order to get our clothes dry. I ended up calling the Front Desk and they allowed us to use the housekeeping dryer. When we checked in I noticed that we only had two towels and I needed two more towels for my daughters. When I called the Front Desk I was told they were out of towels and I would have to wait until the morning for additional towels! The breakfast was good, but due to the amount of people staying in the hotel the breakfast room was jammed with people. We ended up only getting breakfast at the hotel one morning due to the long wait for food. The pool area was nice, but the hot tub was not working during our stay. Several guests mentioned it to the Front Desk, but it was never repaired. My main problem with this property is the safety concern. The room key is used to get you around the hotel and the doors were locked between the building and the Front Desk area and by the pool doors. However, the doors were NEVER locked by the back entrance. We were getting things from our car well after midnight and the back entrance was still unlocked and we did not have to swipe our card to get inside. I was concerned with this since the elevator was right by the back door and our room was on the 2nd floor close to the elevator. I don't think I would ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the Front Desk!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Park Central? Share your experiences!