“Return Visit - Handicapped Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #101 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Lansdale
“Return Visit - Handicapped Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. We were here four nights on this visit; 21 days on our previous trip. My wife is in a wheel chair and we have found this hotel to be a great place. We book a one bedroom unit which allows us to have guests visit us and still have a private area. We find it close to grocery stores, bookstores, drug stores, hospitals. Because of the current road construction you do want to know in advance how to arrive. But speaking of road construction, it amazes me that after I arrived I never heard construction noise.

The rooms are well equipped for an extended stay. The only difference between our two stays was that this room had a tub with a transfer seat; the previous room had roll in shower.

The bed was wonderful. The two rooms gave us two TVs allowing my wife and I to watch different programs. We like the breakfast; my wife especially enjoys the yogurt parfaits that randomly appear. I enjoy the Texas shaped waffles which I load with large blueberries and whipped cream; you could opt for strawberries or chocolate chips The staff was exceptionally friendly; we got to know many of them from our previous 21 day stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hayden Lake, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very pleasant large rooms, sports court, easy parking - perfect place to use as a base for exploring downtown Dallas or staying for work in the area. The kitchen was well supplied. The freeway may be torn up in front, but you have no sense of that once you pull in to the property. Front desk staff were vey helpful.
There is no in hotel room service. The room service menu provided by Order Inn was very limited, ran out of sirloin steak and sent a chicken house salad with chicken that was dry and awful. Buy your own food to cook for yourself!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cassville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed 5 nights. The rooms were nice and clean with a comfortable bed. TVs in both rooms. The staff was very good, friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were OK, I didn't care for the scrambled "eggs" probably made from powder. I raise my own chickens so maybe I'm being harsh, but I don't think so. The social hour featured only 1 kind of beer, Miller Light, and two kinds of wine, sweet red and sweet white, so if you're expecting choices, forget it. The road construction was inconvenient to say the least, but you don't hear any of it from the rooms, which is a plus. The TVs had a lot of channels that were pixellated during shows but not so with commercials, so it was probably not the hotels fault. I would defionitely recommend this hotel overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed three nights at this hotel and was very pleased with it. The hotel was clean, well-kept, and everything worked beautifully. The breakfast was decent, with some hot foods and some cold foods. Typical free breakfast fare at a hotel like this. The breakfast room was nice and clean and actually had a very pleasant ambiance, with a lot of natural light. Because of construction on 635, it is easier to go in and out of the hotel out the back entrance, but that was not a problem. Actually, it was more peaceful going that way as the roads were usually not crowded.

A special comment should be made about the staff. The manager, Kleber Alves, was terrific. I had a billing issue and he went above and beyond to resolve it (it was not the hotel's fault, but my own issue) and he even made sure I knew how to contact him if I needed any additional help. Truly exceptional service. Also, Brandy at the front desk was super friendly and just fun to talk to. Made for a nice check-in and overall experience.

Based on this experience, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the backside and it was very quiet there. Also, if you are staying here and want to go...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hotel was nice and not crowded. I definately wasn't excpecting a full kitchen with dishes, which was a pleasant surprise. The only bad thing is the road construction in front of the hotel, which is not the hotels fault. Staff was friendly and helpful. It's about 15 minutes from downtown, but real close to the freeways that will take you there. The breakfast wasn't anything fancy, but pretty decent especially considering it's free.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family of four stayed 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen (full size refirgerator, stove and oven). We had no complaints. The beds were comfortable. The rooms were clean. Breakfast had plenty of chocies, both hot and cold. Access to the hotel was a bit difficult due to road consturction. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed four days on business. Breakfast and light dinner provided. Breakfast was good. The dinner menu did not match what was posted in the suite so it was pot luck but good just the same.

Room was nice with a smallish bedroom but very large living room/kitchen.

My only complaint...they ran out of newspapers very early every day. I got one of the last papers around 8 AM on day one. Came down a bit earlier next day and they were gone, came down even early the next and they were gone...I gave up. I'm a platinum member and that's something I expect.

Room Tip: This hotel is huge with three floors and hundreds of rooms. If you like walking (to lobby for food...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Park Central? Share your experiences!