“Stay here if you like bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #111 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
lufkin. tx
“Stay here if you like bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Worst hotel I habe ever stayed at in my life. Met my family from OK in Dallas to wedding dress shop for my SIL. Check in was horrible and that should have been the first indication. Christi at the check in desk was miserable to the point I said must be having one of those days. Her response was oh yes I am and let me tell you how the person who I relieved didn't do their job blah blah blah!!! Then my MIL was trying to pay for the room as my SIL had given her CC. She was like here run this card instead and bam she swiped the card and said "oh it's too late!" I am not even kidding. The next morning we woke up to about 20 gnats flying around our room, our phone did not work and the AC motor was grinding. I went down, spoke with a different manager as Christi was on duty again. I was informed they could send up some bug spray as they are having the same issue in another room. I Said no thank you can you move us to their response was no the hotel would be fully booked tonight. To their displeasure we called hotels.com got a refund and moved to the Marriott who was more than happy to accommodate us. Even if this hotel is $10 cheaper than another one, pay the extra $$$$ and stay somewhere else!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Jessicaeaves,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and please accept our apologies for the issues you had. As indicated in your review, when Management was made aware of the issues they addressed them through the 3rd party booking agency. We certainly take Customer Service very seriously and the incident you encountered with the Front Desk staff is being addressed. Since we are aware of the room number through Management communication with the 3rd party booking agency we have researched thoroughly the issues you mentioned with gnats and the air conditioner grinder. This room has had several guests since your departure and there have been no issues with either gnats or the air conditioner but thank you for brining it to our attention so we could investigate. If you are in the area again, we certainly hope you will stay with us and ask that you book directly through me at tonya@bwdallas.com. Have a great week and we wish you and your family the best on the Wedding!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
MEMPHIS, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I came in town, I looked at 3 different hotels before finding Best Western Plus. I was impressed with the price and overall look & comfort of this place.. The only thing I could complain about is the key cards kept needing to be magnatized everyday. The bed could be better, felt like more of a wrestling match spring mattress. The breakfast was the same everyday. Overall my stay was very nice. I would probably still stay there again. The staff was very nice & pleasant.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Dear Kimberly/Tommy F.

We are thrilled to hear you selected our hotel after looking at others! The hotel sells itself once guests walk in the door. The time and money just put into the renovations is evident from the front-door throughout the hotel. We have investigated the issue with the key cards and one of the programmers was returned to the manufacturer for adjustment. The complimentary full breakfast is extensive so guests have multiple choices each day: eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, French toast or waffles, gravy & biscuits, hot oatmeal with a selection of toppings, breakfast breads, fresh fruit, cereal choices, juice choices, milk choices, coffee, hot tea, and more. All beds are brand new so the situation with the bed is puzzling. We are very glad you shared your comments on Trip Advisor and are glad you chose to stay with us and stated you would stay again. Have a great week & safe travels!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here in February for business. The breakfast is served hot with a good variety of items. The lounge at the front is very nice and shows allot of potential as a great evening lounge for guests. I had a small hiccup with a housekeeper thinking I smoked in my room , however after posting on trip advisor Tonya immediately reached out to me and assured me she would investigate. After a thorough investigation the charge was given back to me due to a miscommunication. I was so happy to hear that someone still cares for customer satisfaction. If anyone reads this I can assure you that if Tonya says she is going to research it, She IS! And will be fair and fast.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Jessica (czechmex1008),

Thank you so much for sharing on Trip Advisor your comments about your positive experience and for the information you provided me during the research of the issue you encountered. When we say we are going to research an issue we do just that: we review tapes, talk with Department Heads/Department Staff, review reports, etc. to rectify any issues that may be encountered. While all incidents cannot be confirmed, when they are reported we address them as soon as possible. We just completed a 2-year, $2 million renovation so to drop the ball on customer service would be an injustice to the guests and everyone involved. Thank you again and we hope you stay with us again!
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location, adjacent to major roads with good ease of access to local attractions.
Nice to have a hotel with a bar. Although the hotel information states there is a restaurant, it is really just food served in the bar (or it was when we visited). Outdoor pool was great (for the kids!).
Most of the staff are very nice, especially the red-haired receptionist and the two staff (1 male, 1 female) who work in the breakfast room - nothing is too much trouble.
The communal areas are clean and well kept.
Yes, the hotel rooms are a little dated and some of the carpets need to be replaced. BUT, the beds are very comfortable, there are NO bugs, the air con works fine, the bedding and towels are spotless, with the bathrooms refreshed every day. Excellent shower water pressure and temperature.
Some of the fixtures and fittings are not the most modern but the staff go to great lengths to ensure it is kept clean and do everything to make it as nice as possible.
I would definately recommend this hotel, ok, it's not the Ritz, but it is a very good hotel, in a great location and a great price.
Oh - and you can't beat free wifi with two teenagers!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lynn M.,

Thank you so very much for your very positive comments and for selecting the newly renovated full service Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center! Your comments will be shared with the staff and Kudos given. As you mentioned, our access to many major thoroughfares is excellent, we do have a bar that has a full menu and serves dinner either in the bar area or the very large dining room, the hotel is very clean, insect-free, and the entire hotel has just completed a two-year, $2 million renovation top to bottom. I am puzzled about the comment about some of the carpets/fixtures/fittings as everything has been replaced but other than that completely agree with your review. It is our pleasure to exceed guests' expectations as it appears we have done regarding your stay. Safe travels!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I found the staff very friendly and willing to make our stay enjoyable. The room was comfortable,clean and quiet. The bed was also comfortable. The breakfast was also very good. I thought that we got the room for a pretty reasonable price, especially taking into consideration the location in Dallas.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Joe M.

Thank you so much for your review and for selecting the full service Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center. Your positive comments regarding the staff, the room, the cleanliness, the bed, the breakfast, and the location are appreciated. We are very happy you felt pleased with the hotel and comfortable during your stay. We hope you stay with us on your next visit to Dallas. Have a great week & safe travels.
Tyler, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the moment i arrived up to my departure- I liked the whole atmosphere of the hotel and also the friendliness of the staff. I was looking for a hotel for the weekend as i was attending a wedding- I am glad to have booked here, as the whole experience was great. I highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Maria H.,

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing the newly renovated full service Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center! This is the experience we strive to provide all guests with and are so happy you experienced it and shared it. Have safe travels!
Wimberley, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel at least 4 times now. I feel safe staying here as a business traveling female. There is a nice hot breakfast with fresh fruit also. The fitness room leaves MUCH to be desired. The elliptical is loud and does not operate smoothly, the recumbent bike doesn't turn on at all. The stair machine is mediocre. The treadmill is really the only fully operational piece of equipment in the room. The hotel is almost finished being renovated and I'm hoping they will also do something about the fitness room. There is also a decent bar here with food options for dinner.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Dear Susan H,

Thank you so much for your review & for choosing our full service hotel! We are very pleased you are a frequent guest and are so very glad you appreciate all the efforts we have made to go above & beyond in every area of the hotel. In addition to providing a clean, comfortable, beautiful home-away-from-home with a wide selection for dinner and the complimentary breakfast, we have greatly exceeded the safety requirements that are required by the industry and some Fortune 100 & 500 Corporations we contract with. You are correct about the Fitness Center being included in the complete renovation the hotel has undergone. We are in the final stages of completion of the guest laundry and the Fitness Center will follow. Thank you again and please stop by so I can meet you on your next visit. We value all guests and would welcome the opportunity to meet a loyal, frequent guest. Thank you again and I wish you safe travels!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!