“Best Western Plus + Hotel Stay for a Week= HORRIBLE STAY and Scammed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center

Special Offer
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #102 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Best Western Plus + Hotel Stay for a Week= HORRIBLE STAY and Scammed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here numerous times in the past and I can tell you with certainty that this was the LAST TIME I will ever stay at this Best Western. From check in to check out, this five-day stay was inexcusable.

At check-in I was given a room that was occupied by the construction crew. After getting a new room, I was locked out of it on day two because housekeeping said I was smoking in the room. I have never been so perplexed in my life. I was not smoking in the room, I told the person at the counter I was insulted, and she said she would put notes in the computer. While working out on their treadmill, the power just cut off in the middle of a 7mph run. I ordered room service and they forgot some items, so I set on the task of calling again and waiting for a complete order.

After checkout, I thought never again, but when I got an additional $200 charge for smoking in my room, I was upset. Keep in mind; at checkout they did not notify me of an additional charge. Why? For smoking in my room.

Note: I like a good cigar, and yes, I smoked at the front of their hotel during a winter snowstorm. The front desk staff saw me for a week daily go in and out in the cold to smoke, I was the only person standing out there. I notified them to review their security cameras and see that I went out daily to smoke during a freeze.
While standing there, I witnessed many people almost fall because management did not properly prepare their sidewalks for the freeze. The most they did was put a mat down in the entrance. This was very poor preventative measures for such weather conditions.

There are many other Hotels in the DFW area that will treat you better for the same price, do yourself a favor and Don't stay here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Czechmex1008,

Thank you for your loyalty and for staying with us many times in the past. I understand the instances you mentioned would have caused frustration to anyone and they will be researched & addressed. But I certainly hope the last stay you had with the unpleasant instances will not negate the many comfortable, pleasant stays you had with us.

Please contact me directly at tonya@bwdallas.com with your confirmation number or date of stay and room number so I can research and address each instance. I apologize you encountered these unpleasant situations. We appreciate your input and your loyalty and hope to hear from you soon. In the future please contact me directly to book your reservation so we can exceed your expectations as we have in the past and again, please do not let this last stay negate the previous pleasant stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wimberley, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel at least 4 times now. I feel safe staying here as a business traveling female. There is a nice hot breakfast with fresh fruit also. The fitness room leaves MUCH to be desired. The elliptical is loud and does not operate smoothly, the recumbent bike doesn't turn on at all. The stair machine is mediocre. The treadmill is really the only fully operational piece of equipment in the room. The hotel is almost finished being renovated and I'm hoping they will also do something about the fitness room. There is also a decent bar here with food options for dinner.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Susan H,

Thank you so much for your review & for choosing our full service hotel! We are very pleased you are a frequent guest and are so very glad you appreciate all the efforts we have made to go above & beyond in every area of the hotel. In addition to providing a clean, comfortable, beautiful home-away-from-home with a wide selection for dinner and the complimentary breakfast, we have greatly exceeded the safety requirements that are required by the industry and some Fortune 100 & 500 Corporations we contract with. You are correct about the Fitness Center being included in the complete renovation the hotel has undergone. We are in the final stages of completion of the guest laundry and the Fitness Center will follow. Thank you again and please stop by so I can meet you on your next visit. We value all guests and would welcome the opportunity to meet a loyal, frequent guest. Thank you again and I wish you safe travels!
philadelphai, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Extremely poor service in the hotel bar/ restaurant, not to mention the horrible beer selection of bud and bud light. Room located at the end of a hall with a loud door going to the stairwell that seemed to be slamming and echoing all night. Woke up to no hot water to take a shower in the morning.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Gordon R.,

Thank you for choosing our newly renovated full service hotel and for bringing to our attention the issues you encountered. We sincerely apologize for the service you received in the bar and the limited beer choices you were extended. We have met with the Food & Beverage Manager & Lounge staff regarding both issues. We were not aware of any issue with the hot water and did not see any reports of such on the Engineering logs. Therefore, would you please share with me your confirmation number or room number so we can identify the room? Please book with me directly in the future so I can make certain your room is not located near a stairwell. I can be reached at tonya@bwdallas.com. I look forward to hearing from you and wish you safe travels.
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, it was a great value for the location. The breakfast was nice and the staff was friendly. My room was very clean. The cons were the internet was very hit or miss which was frustrating. The bed definitely could have been more comfortable. In some spots the springs protruded and I wasn't a fan of the pillows. I was on a nonsmoking floor but I could smell smoke from time to time. There was no laundry room for me to use and the gym was in need of an update. My biggest complaint though was the safety in the parking lot. Being a young female, I felt unsafe and uneasy several times walking in after dark, to the point where I made friends walk me in or drop me off out front.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Dear Kara H,
Thank you so much for staying at the newly renovated Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center. We are very glad you had very positive experiences with the location, complimentary full hot breakfast, the staff, and the cleanliness. We are, however, disappointed you experienced an issue with the bed (the beds & bedding are all new so if there is a bed with issues we would like to contact the supplier. Could you provide me with your confirmation number or room number so we can correct the situation with the bed? I can be reached at tonya@bwdallas.com.) We provide 4 pillows on each bed with two different levels of firmness in an effort to meet all guests preference. Regarding the safety in the parking lot, we just underwent a very stringent safety inspection by a Fortune 500 Corporation to be accepted as a Preferred Hotel. With the LED lighting in the parking lot & an on-site security Guard in the evenings we exceeded their requirements for their guests' safety. I regret you felt unsafe as I want all guests to feel safe just I would want my daughters to. Thank you for your feedback & I wish you have safe travels.
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything went very well. It was very easy to find, right off the LBJ expressway. It's about 15 minutes to downtown, a very simple trip, if you understand the Texas highway system. Check-in was friendly and efficient. The room was exactly what was expected, clean and spacious. The breakfast was better than expected. Aside from having the usual items in the buffet, the rotated their main servings, so my stay of 3 nights had a very nice assortment. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Moosenearchicago0,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and stating you would choose it again! We are glad your experience at the newly renovated Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center was so positive beginning to end. We will share your comments with the staff and again, we appreciate your honesty and your willingness to share. Safe travels!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every Year I stay at the Best Western Hotel & Conference Center for the past 5 years in a Row for 4 months each winter but this is my last time

The Good Things about this Hotel is the Internet is really fast the Location is good the 2 Spanish guys who prepare the breakfast in the morning do a great job !

The bad things about this hotel My Room had Roaches Every where some of my clothing was stolen out of my room by staff members the Customer Service at the front desk is horrible most of the staff members who now work here are incompetent

its such a shame this use to be such a nice hotel too stay at

Stephanie & Ismail made my stay very horrible here

I would rather get a prostate exam then stay at this hotel again !

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Dear BossDogg,

Thank you for choosing the newly renovated full service Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center! We apologize for the incidents you encountered and would like to research them further. Please contact me directly at tonya@bwdallas.com so that we might research the issues you mentioned. Safe travels.
Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has recently been remodeled ... absolutely beautiful... Staff, front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast hosts, were all very positive and welcomimg... like you were at home.... This is an older building that has been very well maintained and decorated... the rooms may not be as big as a newer building but the ammenities and appointments in the room were wonderful....

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Tammy B.,

Thank you so much for your glowing review! The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the staff top notch. New top to bottom the hotel has the "wow" factor with water features and more in the common areas; guest rooms are decorated with contemporary, sleek, clean line décor that is usually found in 5-star boutique hotels and the complimentary amenities such as hot breakfast exceed those that guests pay top-dollar for in other hotels. The full service newly renovated Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel and Conference Center appreciates you and your review. Stay safe on the road!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!